Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Hair-raising topic

I don't use it often, it's far too greasy and it completely destroys pillow-cases

Not if you wear Ilyar or malqabad or masar (whatever name u know it by). If you don't have one, go through your mom's drawer and I bet you'll find dozens.

Cara.   

This olive oil thing, are people washing it off before coming into contact with others? It smells. I think it smells even after shampooing. Greek salad hair, mmm...

Sheh, about timaha duuduuban b4 bedtime, not a bad idea. I've been informed it looks cute actually, like some bizarre new hairstyle on the runways of Paris (designed to draw attention from the even more bizarre outfits).

^depends on the kind of contact. :D

I stick with almond and yeah the duuduub does appear on the catwalks from time to time. They must have spotted it on Iman backstage..u can take the girl out of Somalia but u can't take the duubduub-ed hair out of her. :D

Going to bed with two horns. As per.

Modesty   

Yes, it sounds shocking to some washing hair every 3 weeks, I actually washed my hair every week, and my hair would be breaking so much, so I tried this regimen, and it works wonders for me.My hair doesn't get smelly, I'm not the type of people who sweat from the hair...so I guess it works for my hair.

Cara.   

^You probably don't produce a lot of sebum, which is why your hair breaks if you wash it too often. And also why it doesn't smell.

Nephissa   

Modesty: ma kaa dhab baa? waad isku kam kam tay maaha? :D . No seriously, three weeks? how do you do that? If it doesn't smell, how about itching? I wash my hair every morning, especially now that it's getting hot I wash every shower. I don't kuus-kuus my hair at bedtime, gives me a headache. I usually just leave it down which makes it hard to comb in the morning, no brush could go through without shampooing and conditioning it first.

I like my hair thick, black and curly so:

I drip drip drench it in olive oil 2/3 hours every weekend (guess I'm not the only one who does this)

Wash it with pantene pro v shampoo and conditioner(or herbel essences sometimes)

Use an assortment of hair treatments; usually mixed fruit and/or garlic hot oil hair treatment

blow dry/towel dry

Apply the thick goowy pink/white hair lotion

I use black henna natural dye every once in a while to get rid of the brown.

I sleep with my hair down

nemo   

Damn you all put in a little bit more than me, I only have time to do my hair at weddings and stuff. Which is like never and when I'm in a good mode. No homework. Other than that i'm too busy with life that I forget I even have hair, I mean no one can see it thanks to the scarf. :D Duubdub everyday will kill me and in the morning put it all out, that's cruel when you have long hair. Now all this hair talk makes me want to do my hair so laters.

Originally posted by Modesty:

I never really have bad hair days, I'm always doing my hair...I love my hair.
smile.gif

Me everyday is a bad hair day. Girl come and do mine. :D

-Lily-   

We can all agree on the benifits of olive oil since Cleopatra's time. If you hate the smell of olive oil, there is an Olive Oil range, which has hair creams and moistorizers. They can be found in most Black Hair shops.

Here is the link:

http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/products/oliveoil.htm

http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/products/sheenspray.htm

The spray is excellent to use stright after rollers to set the hair with or hair strightening. The cream makes your hair shiny and thick and smooth. So far they are the best range I have come across.

Miriam1   

^ um exactly you dont have to use the oil itself...olive oil conditioners from bodyshop are real nice...so are the honey conditioners..which i use mostly. I dont know, the olive oil does something..to your hair..I put some of it before i go to bed, dhubdhub my hair to small bits, cover it up. no issues of it seeping through to the bedcovers..no need to put that much. just enough. in the morning you just take ur usual shower and wash your hair well with whatever shampoo+conditioner you have.

What I need to find is something that would make your hair grow!...back home..it was no issue.however there is something wierd in this water..here..any ideas?

Modesty   

LOL@Bishitta, no KAM KAM here, and I think the reason is as Cara put it, not alot of sebum. Girl, if I washed my hair everyday, I would have afro corn puffs for like 3 months, ahem not that i have jareer hair, but my hair and water...not good friends.

Didi, I used to use pink moisturizers, now I hateeee that stuff, it ruined my hair, it just sits there and makes hair frizzy...and you have to wash your hair often.

I used to use olive oil, but it added dandruff to my hair, so grease is the way to go, even though supposedly "olive oil" is healthier for hair...does anyone put avocado in their hair...I quit doing that along time ago, and does it really work?

Mowgli   

Wash at least once a week, aloe vera oil or almond oil and then braid...see ya next saturday waaye

In the summer...sometimes wash up to three times a day!

ZOLA   

i color my hair so to keep it from breaking i use a deep conditioner once a week...deep conditioners that have avocado and moyonaise.pne that am loving these days is MegaSilk hair treatment. i leave it on for 30 to 1 hr and then wash it off. believe me your hair will feel like silk. like many of you i use Olive or almond oil. creams and hair lotions make my hair sticky.

take care girls,

A.A