Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

She is one tough cookie

Originally posted by sweet_gal:

Socod badne..........

Do me a favour......Tomorrow morning start walking like the Socod badn dude u are, and don't stop until u're in the middle of no where and can't return to Somalia Online ever again...
icon_razz.gif

I'll go if you lead the way....

who-me   

Hitler was not Christian neither were the Nazis. And yes muslims in general are prone to violence, just take a look at somalis, 99% muslims... what exactly are we fighting over :confused: [/QB]

SB I think you write much of your stuff with out little bit of a background studies. I mean if the Nazis had no basis of religion in their upbringing then why is it that their national emblem, the swastika resembles the Christian cross?

Originally posted by Dhuusaye:

SB I think you write much of your stuff with out little bit of a background studies.

Maybe, certainly sometimes, auspiciously not this time.

I mean if the Nazis had no basis of religion in their upbringing

Hold on there! Who said the Nazis didn't have religious upbringing? Surely not me. All I said was Hitler was not a Christian and that is the truth. No one has provided any evidence to the contrary. The only pro-christianity Hitler comments are public speechs intended for christian audience. In private Hitler made it abundantly and categorically clear of his rejection of Christianity as false, pernicious and absurd.

then why is it that their national emblem, the swastika resembles the Christian cross?

The Svastika (the original sanskrit word) predates Nazism AND Christianity, its a 3000+ year old symbol used by many cultures. It is the national symbol of Hunduism and Budhism among others. Go to any Budhism temple and there is good chance you'll see a svastika.

143.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Didn't Saddam Hussien invade Kuwait in '91 unprovoked? Didn't the world led by the US (as it was the only one capable of) including many muslim and arab countries join forces to evict him from Kuwait. Prior to kuwait invasion, Saddam initiated yet another unprovoked invasion of neighbouring country - Iran.

Saaxib you've confirmed my suspicions of you and that is you're trumpeting the official US State department line for the first Gulf War. If, even after 15 years and many books having been written on the real reasons for that war (reasons not unlike the ones for this war), you're still singing that line, well, I pity you ninyahow. I'm sure you think this current war in Iraq is to bring them democracy as well. Keep singing saaxib.

The US doesn't have to stand in line because oil is fluid market commodity and it goes to the highest bidder. The US can afford to pay for oil even at inflated prices at
much
cheaper cost than it was to bomb. Keep in mind also that the US is 3rd largest oil producer but because it has economy that consumes more than it produces it needs to look to others to cover its needs.

So why does it bomb? Oh, I forget, to bring freedom. :rolleyes: Well, if we follow your line of thinking, God forbid, then you would have us believe that a nation consuming 20 millions barrels a day would need to stand in line and wait in the "free market" to buy oil. What happens if one day there are no 20 million barrels? Have you thought of that atheer? I'll tell you what will happen, this house of cards would come down crashing (like it did in the 70's, an era, by the way, the US learned nothing from). It's not just the oil of Iraq that the US is after, it is after the whole thing for itself, uninterrupted.

What would Iraq or any of other Middle Eastern oil nations do with their oil? Do they even have a choice? They need to sell their oil to make money since they got no non-oil based economy.

Atheer it's their bloody business what they want to do with it. Why does the US care if they drink it, stick up their as$es or sell it in Euros? Whatever happened to bloody international law, sovereignty and territorial integrity? The American insatiable appetite for oil does not justify pillaging a sovereign nation to get it. Let the Iraqis sell it on the market, in Euros, to the bloody Chinese. It's their choice, or at least it should be. But the US cannot have that.

The US dollar is the prefered international currency for its stability. I believe the US dollar was accepted as the trading oil currency in 1971, different world back then.

Preferred by whom? Obviously the Americans. Anyone else? The greenback is not a currency of choice but one imposed by the barrel of a gun. And now that another currency shows any sort of competition to the dollar and Saddam hints at using it for his oil sales, suddenly American bombers are in the air. Can you connect the dots atheer?

Maybe but given how interconnected world economies are now days, a collapse of US economy will induce similar collapse on other world economies. How does the collapse of US economy benefit China, Japan, India or Europe?

That world economies are interconnected we agree upon, but the most damage will occur to the Americans. They can't borrow anything with collapsed credit and they can't buy anything with an empty treasury. What's next? Nuke the whole world? Even they are not at that stage, yet.

But there
is
investment in alternate sources. Hybrid cars is one, cow manure as energy source another. And the impetus for a move away from oil as energy source will be economics! As oil prices soar accompanied by all adverse environmental side effects, alternate energy sources become more affordable.

Saaxib last time you compared oil to stones and now it's cow manure? Walee the only thing that reeks of cow manure are your arguments, I'm sad to say. Where's the SB I've come to admire on these boards? No matter. Cow manure (a.k.a. bull shit) is what you give me and that's what I have to deal with. None of these things you mentioned are in any serious competition with oil. If even a minute fraction of the money spent on oil exploration (neither an art nor a bloody science, btw) were spent on hybrid or even electric cell technology, we'd be less dependent on oil today. Alas, oil companies (or the US, same thing really) would rather invade countries or dig in the bottom of the ocean (5 miles deep) looking for oil. And you're talking about cow manure. Cow manure my matako. :D

Why do you say that? For example the theoretical ground work for cold fusion -- limitless energy -- is done, the only thing holding us back are engineers who are still unable to apply it.

I suppose after cow manure (the injury) the only thing you can add is cold fusion (the insult). I'm assuming you mean energy extracted from a fusion reaction at room temperature. Saaxib, I don't know under which rock you've been hiding but to call this rubbish science is a form of endearment.

Look, I wanna be serious with you here. Drop all the magazines you've been reading. Stop all the radio you've been listening to and drop all the people you've been hanging out with. Start from scratch (you're not too far from it) and I can help you with many of these issues. You're a bright young man with an open mind. A little too open but it will do. Saaxib let me relieve you of this mode of thinking. Please.

^^^, lol :D

The battle of the titans miyaa? at last burning flames between the famous liberals of the house.

Where is Alle-Ubaahne? Would laugh at this.

As for the lady, I don't know whats her name Miss Wafaa, She holds pathetic and very lame opinions, brought forward absolutely weak points.

She should be happy for the easier opponents she faces at both times. Lucky ediot

Castro   

^ Northernerow, despite my seemingly harsh words for SB, I'm firmly of the belief that he has the capacity to materially consider alternative points of view and question his own. That any of us would hold erroneous beliefs is not a shame. What is a shame, however, is to never question those beliefs and give oneself a chance to set the record straight. Always remember saaxib the ultimate goal is to reach the most probable truth not to win or lose an argument.

RedSea   

Assalamu calaykum,

I couldn't get pass to comment after seeing that clip of the nonbeliever with the Arabic tongue.

To answer some of the points. she said the prophet SCW said he was sent to fight until everyone is on the straight path (Muslim). This is purely an arrogant explanation that she has given, the words are written that way, but every hadith has a sharx or explanation, you cannot take a verse of the Quran or line of a hadith and apply it right away without knowing the meaning behind it. Surely, she doesn't understand what the difination of the word "fight" is. Fighting can be defined as words (disagreement), action of the limps or the action of the heart, and if necessary the sword. You all know the history of Islam was there a time that our beloved prophet forced any one to convert with the use of force? I think not. Allah exalted is he in might said in the glorious Quran that there is no compulsion in religion (Islam), meaning no one can be forced to be a Muslim, Islam is a choice, if you think otherwise we demand a clear prove of that. My prove that Islam doesn't force any one to become a Muslim is the lady herself. She speaks perfect Arabic and she surely must have lived or learned from somewhere in the Muslim world, if Islam was forcing people to be Muslims then she is clear prove, because no Arab person would remain non Muslim in the Arab world without being a Muslim. The Muslim ruled Spain for 800 years, if the Muslims were forcing the natives to be Muslims, no single christian Spanish individual would remain in that nation. I gues shame on us for not using the sword when we had the power to convert everone by force. I also wonder how she would explain, the U.S led task of forcing the Muslim to be democratized when clearly no Muslim person wants a non Muslim trangressor to sat foot on their lands, isn't that what she was upset about; Muslim forcing people to be in their religion? that is only a fair question. :confused:

Secondly, she stated that the Jews suffered during world War II and survived their suffering by using their intelligence. What she forgot to highlight was that the source of all problems that caused Hitler to behave in such way if it ever happened was that he was abused by his parents while growing up, hence his mother was a Jew. At the time he was growing, the Jews were the bussiness men, hence controlling all things in the German society. While young boy Hitler was living in miserable life serving the Jews and shining their shoes, he build up anger and personal image inside of him that gave him the ambition to set future goals (the cleansing of the Jews race). If you know anything about Psychology, you could imagine what the outcome of that would be; a monster created out of anger and abusive life. So one can say, he revenged or took it to them when he had the chance to do so. I cannot blame him for that because he was Psycho product of the jews behavior. So I am asking was the "Holocaust" Hitler's fault or was it the result reaction of a monster they have created with their own hands. Insanely, she tried to draw the line with the current situation of Palestine by saying that Jewish salvaged through their problems by using their head. I wonder if someone invaded your homeland, kicked you out of your homes, killing innocent civilians everyday, and forcing the whole population to be in refugee camps gives anyone the patience to think, the initial reaction of any human being would be to repel the invaders anyway possible, whether it's blowing yourself up or throwing stones. She should no that we don't have the Cruise Missiles that they use against Muslim people. And yes, who has initiated the problems in the middle east, don't tell me the Arabs. Hint, think back to 1960s,the begining of Isreali state in the middle east.

In addition, she regarded Islam and Muslim as a believe that doesn't let the people use thier brain or be free thinking society. It's not suprising for someone who works with human behavior to not know much about history. The history proves the various scientific, including astronomy initiated by Muslims at the time when Europeans, Jewish, you name it didn't. Did she forget Al Jabrah, one named after his mathmatical discoveries, who was he? surely that name doesn't appear to be a Jewish name.

Lastly, we Muslims have been blessed with the best of the two worlds; believers here and paradise in the hereafter only if we practice what we have been giving. There is no doubt that Islam is the right religion and the path to salvation for all Minkind's problems. If one Psycho individual says otherwise, let it be. Let them taste the blaze of fire for themselves, surely there is no one to guide other than Allah. Islam is a great religion and being the fastest growing religion in the world today as well as the largest with 1.5 billion Muslims is a clear sign of that. Handfull of disbelievers to say negatives about Islam is something we are expecting and should be expecting so in the future, after all they are the "children" and the helpers of Satan, but Allah promised that they will not find any helpers when the day of shock and awe comes. So let them enjoy their day or half a day of fame or is it shame? ;)

Assalamu Calaykum.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Northernerow, despite my seemingly harsh words for SB, I'm firmly of the belief that he has the capacity to materially consider alternative points of view and question his own. That any of us would hold erroneous beliefs is not a shame. What is a shame, however, is to never question those beliefs and give oneself a chance to set the record straight. Always remember saaxib the
ultimate
goal is to reach the
most probable truth
not to win or lose an argument.

I like that^^ nice way of telling your :D cheerleaders to stop disturbing the discussion! :D

Is anyone keeping the score? icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

Castro, good points, but when one is totally oblivious to:

a) an alternative view to the popular sentiments in some western media

b) uses the same old rhetoric and firmly believes in them

and

c) where there is no compromise even when it is evident that one has'nt heard the other side of the argument (through media or reading) but totally rejects it at once,,,,,

then you are confronted with a 'brick wall' saxib, plenty of ice will be needed to quell the bruising

Al-Jazeera English will soon changes SB's way of thinking ;) if he is prepared to listen that is,,,,

does this Lady appear on that jazeera channel or that Doha debate the screens in BBC, if not its maybe about time those arabs invited her, just for the sake of it. ....Over all she has some valid points that need addressing

Amid the cookies, I believe this is the real taugh lady Click here

Baashe I await and see your response for your definition of what you term as taugh, If you have the audicity to even watch it.

Oh guyz I see this is not coming straight on, so just go to #1066 and view the clip.

Here you have another bomb shell, Here View clip #980

Khalaf   

^^^^^I would like to see a face off between her and Wafa Sultan.

For those of you saying its about oil, poltics I say its Islam ****** :D

"Never will the Jews and the Christians be satisfied with you, until you follow their way"