Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

She is one tough cookie

Waww

I was really amazed by this woman , she is not afraid to say what she thinks about muslims' problems. We may disagree with her on some points , mainly about Israel because it's another conflict!

But she got right on some views : Why do muslims use violence to express their opinions? EVen though the failure of their gouvernements which are all dictators may be the answer. Muslim people are powerless because they are not allowed to choose their political leaders.

I like the part when she says that muslims reject other believers and call them names and also refuse to let others express their ideas. And that point is confirmed when she says she doesn't believe in God and the sheikh present in the studio says to her: "if you are a heretic, there is not point in rebuking you". He refuses the debate because she is not muslim. :confused:

Castro   

^ She's no Ayaan Xirsi but may be a Pat Robertson who speaks Arabic. Either way, she had some (very few) valid points amid an ocean of lies, stereotypes and regurgitated anti-Islamic rhetoric.

Specifically, her denunciation of (some) Muslims who have resorted to violence versus the Jews and the Buddhists that don't. Well I don't know about Buddhism but Jewish (state or individual) violence has a very public and clearly violent recent past. So much more violence, in fact, than any Muslim state, group or individual has committed. Of course, she never did mention America (Christianity) and violence since they're really synonymous.

Originally posted by Castro:

Of course, she never did mention America (Christianity) and violence
since they're really synonymous.

:confused:

What is the difference between her who equals Violence and Islam, and you who states that America (Christianity) and violence are synonymous?

You both used the same weird logic, no religion and no country is synonymous with violence!

Castro   

^ Atheer the impression she's giving is one that Muslims alone have a monopoly on violence. I for one don't condone the violence of Muslims but let us compare apples and apples. If followers of one religion are constantly associated with violence, well it behooves us to understand why and to do so we must look at the numbers and recent history in context. Violence perpetrated by followers of Christianity and Judaism far exceeds that of any Muslim individual or state. And that includes Bin Laden himself. So the accusations on Muslims are unfair, inaccurate and overly exaggerated.

But why are they exaggerated? There are many reasons including ignorance, biased media coverage, etc. Another reason may be that it's best to trump up accusations of violence in order to justify invading countries (for oil or other reasons). If you look at the 2003 invasion of Iraq (3 years ago this week), you'll notice that the fear and propaganda against Saddam and how he was capable of destroying Israel and Europe using his "weapons of mass destruction" was highly exaggerated. In fact, it was all based on lies. Now you have to agree that invading seemingly peaceful people (which Muslims are) flies directly into the face of those who want to invade.

Think motives and follow the money trail atheer. Things will make a lot of sense then.

Dude I know all that but it doesn't give you the right to equal christianity with violence.

She is wrong so you gonna say wrong things because she has a hidden agenda?. No one is fool of what the lady said about middle east politics but we should refrain ourselves of saying the "wrong things" about christianity or judaism.

Castro   

Originally posted by makalajabti:

Dude I know all that but it doesn't give you the right to equal christianity with violence.

Do you? I wonder about that because you ask questions that indicate otherwise and gullible SOLers like me always rush to inform a fellow nomad.

If followers of one religion are
constantly
associated with violence, well it behooves us to understand why and to do so we must look at the numbers and recent history in context.

Castro, muslims in general are prone to violence. Evidence for that is plentiful, refuting that charge is futile in this light. As well as be active participants in many ensuing conflicts. However, the reason is not just because they're muslim or Islam, that is pure unadultrated bigotry. Deprivation, illiteracy, gross underdevelopment, inequities and many other pernicious social ills are the causes, NOT Islam. Any time you hear someone blame a race, religion or culture for percieved or real social ills, note to yourself that such characterizations has very little support from supportable arguements.

Another reason may be that it's best to trump up accusations of violence in order to justify invading countries (for oil or other reasons).

Here I disagree. It is cheaper for the US to buy ALL of Iraq's proven oil reserves than it was to invade and stay in the country afterwards. Considerably less cheaper both the human toll and cost after invasion stay over. And if the need for oil determined whether to invade other countries or not, why hasn't the US invaded: Canada, Russia, Britian, Venuzuala (spelling), Nigeria, Iran, Kuwait... all major oil producers. Why invade Iraq only; why even stop there!

Iraq invasion was a shot across the bows to the US's foes. Namely China and Bin Laden's people. It was demonstration, a tour de force, of US power and resolve. There is no better, more effective way to show what you're capable of then actual demostrate it. Everyone NOW knows what the US is capable of if tested. And no one will dare cross it's path.

The outcome of Iraq war was predictable -- US victory. The rout of Iraqi army and subsequent smashing into smithreens of remanant units was foreclosed fact. The only disappointment was how the promised awe and shock tranmuted into aw shuked... a cauldron of madness, heartwrenching mess.

Castro   

^ I suppose you and I were destined to lock horns at some point and what better topic to choose than this. So I'll leave this post here as a place-holder for a later rebuttal (nay annihilation) of your flimsy arguments atheer. :D

And don't you dare editing the post now to make them tighter. I've already got it saved. icon_razz.gif

Baashi   

** Shaah plz and room for cream for the first two cups (tall)...yeah! Grabs cup of popcorn.. :D **

Wafa is actually making a powerful statement defending Secular Humanism. Wonder why the scholar didn't refute the main point she was making. Oh well perhaps the tape is incomplete and that part where she got refuted is missing.

And don't you dare editing the post now to make them tighter. I've already got it saved.
icon_razz.gif

My arguements are generally unassailable. You can try debunking 'em but that is tantamount to shots in the dark... you maybe lucky, maybe not icon_razz.gif

Kiddin, I'd like to here your rebuttal. In the meantime got couple of lectures to attend. Adios!

Same people with the same argument' that is just weird to me. And i am talking about the people on this forum'

This is beyond point of views if you ask me :cool:

Salaam All

First of all the tape was clearlly edited, so we did not really get the other side of the story and wat the brothers have responded to her. This lady is another one of those that will say anything to get noticed and perharps get invited to Question Time or whatever their version is in the states.

Now moving on to the Nomads that seemd to agree that Islam goes hand in hand with voilence, in particular relation to the past century ... where in the History books does it say Great wars which Islam either intiated or played a prime role .. the 1st World World, the 2 WORLD war ... or even any of the past wars ... who did Islam declare war on ... i can't rememeber any ... yes war was declared On Islamic nations,

does few suicde bombers all of suddden make Islam and muslims the most volient creatures ... how i wonder ? ... even the Tamal Tigers ( Sri Lanka ) has had more suicide bombers over the years ...

Islam is hardly a violent faith .. any acquisations of being it so should be rebukued .. the term Islam means Peace ... the prophet preaches peace at first .. and war is always as a last resort and even at that how Muslims conduct themselves durning is very strict and the most humanlike as possible ... so don't allow the deen to be lapelled one that is violent, and those who do , do not know our deen.

WS