Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

So how did it go; first half of Ramadan?

call mee Iiman laawe if you want but i don't pray Maqrib until i finish everything that is on the table ..... i say everything. I just can't pray when there is some food waiting for me to eat.

:D

Fabregas   

I though this was a thread about the spiritual side of Ramadan. Low and behold.....another thread about Cunto. Thanks for advise, ya read sea, but sambus has to dealt with, saxiib! If you don't have sambus in Ramdan, then your'e not a normal SOmali.

JB:

quote: 1. Hastening Iftar

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said, “My Ummah will continue to be upon good for as long as they hasten to pray the Maghrib Prayer.” (Abu Dawood and Ibn Majah - classed as Saheeh by Al-Albani)

So here we have two commands: Hasten Iftar and the Maghrib prayer.

The Neglect: Except for a few people who are eager to pray the Maghrib prayer in the mosque, the majority sit down to eat after Adhan as if they are having dinner and not just breaking their fast.

The Sunnah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to break his fast with three dates, then he would pray the Maghrib prayer. He would then eat the evening meal, if needed, after the prayers.

Iftar should be done with some dates, as occurs in the Sunnah, and if dates are not available, then with some gulps of water. Then the Maghrib prayer should be prayed with congregation in the mosque. People can eat their meal after the prayers.

Sheikh Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen Al-Albani

-Lily-   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

call mee Iiman laawe if you want but i don't pray Maqrib until i finish everything that is on the table ..... i say everything. I just can't pray when there is some food waiting for me to eat.

:D

LooooL, oo marka hal timir iyo biyo cabtid dukatid? That way your food won't be rushed by a darkening sky or interrupted by salad smile.gif

nuune   

^^^ Rasuulka also wuu ka digey in la tukado while there is cunto waiting for you, salaada waa khushuuc and one niyya only, not thinking of food.

So, JB, you can do that, cuntada iska hor mari, then adoo niyadaada saafi tahay tuko maghribbkaaga smile.gif

Well, I had my timir, and xoogaa isbarmuunto ah, then Maghrib, after that, time to butcher saambuus, break lama siinaayo.

B.G, true, qof aan saambuus cunin in Ramadan, Soomaalinimadioisa khattar ay ku jirtaa

^LOOOOL, Waar another thread about food...i thought pple will talk about how they benifited from the first two weeks of ramadan....waar cuunto jaaceylka jojia...we will have another 11 months to munch on...SOL wa wala duuni..lol

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by nuune:

B.G, true, qof aan saambuus cunin in Ramadan, Soomaalinimadioisa khattar ay ku jirtaa

DS nuune;

Yaad u jeedaa? I have eaten sambuuse only the first two days. I start with proper food. The sharaab follows after 1-2 hours. No suxuur at all. Maadaama oo aana cuntada aad u cunin, I am worried if I don't eat food at the time of afur, I will not be able to withstand the ramadaan.

nuune   

^^ AT&T, saambuus is part of the system, so don't miss it, don't be saambuusphobiac :D

If one had good dinner after afur, then no need for suxuur,

I think many people waxyaala badan ayay isku qasaan, it is not good idea to have BIG dinner on afurka, normaalito cunta fudud, and later after Salaada Cishaha the dinner, which at this time of the year would equal to your suxuur.

But again, suxuur makes your fasting smooth, and you feel more fresh because barakada ku jirto cunatada suxuurta aad baa loo ammaanay iyo xilliga suxuurta taasoo ah xilliga ugu fiican, waayo saladii subax ayaa kugu xigto after suxuurta, you will feel the whole day fresh and smooth.

Aaliyyah   

^suxur is part of the sunnah, and its strongly recommended!!...and yeh you dnt have to eat much. I hate to eat much of anything that early in the morning. But enough to get you going, like cup of milk, a pancake or something alike should be enough.

To answer the poster's question, the first half of Ramadan went pretty well alhmadulilah. Fasting makes us reflect on how those who are less fortunate go through day in and day out throughout the year. subahanalah, makes you realize all the blessings Allah swt has bestow upon us. So lets take time to be grateful and increase our ibada now that we are within the last two weeks of ramadan.

Let's make sure to be the ones who fill the first rows at the mosque at least for the last 10 days inshallah.

Jac, I don't think it's wise to eat all the food and then pray. Usually it's good to pray after you had one date or cup of milk. And, then come back to finish off your food. Since the prayer won't wait for you, bt yr food clearly can....unless cuntadaadu cararaso icon_razz.gif

salaaaam

p.s. Red, dadka sanbuuska ku sameeya, ama aduuba hadad sameesatid waxaad hubsata markaa kowaad aaad xidhasid oo qudrada ku gurasid in aad sifiican u xidhid...oo meelna ee ka furneen hadii kale saliida galasa oo dhadhan ma yeelanayo...just a tip..hope that helps ;)

The first half of Ramadan went very well alhamdullilah. Although, it has been busy month for me I have been trying to go to tarawih four nights out of the whole week. It is so hard to pray tarawih when your full, it feels all the food is comming back to your throat when you make sajud. I now know why tarawih imans eat less afur than anybody else.

Kool_Kat   

First part of Ramadan was just fine, hopefully the second part will go by a bit faster...

For afur, can't handle more than malawax and kalaankal...Not a big fan of sambuus, but if it is there - why not...One timir does it for me, just too macaan for my liking...

Allaha noo fududeeyo, nagana aqbalo...

Originally posted by nuune:

^^ lol, Ramadan is all about eating for Somalis, all about butchering saambuus.

Anyone knows how to eat Saambuus?, not all people eat the same way, each and everyone has their own unique way of eating saambuus.

Only Nuunka waxaan camal ka fikiraayo. Runtii saa sheegtay waaye waa u fiirsaday dadka si gooni u cunaan. Ani dhexda ka kala gooyaa, oo nuskiiba hal bur ku cunaa, since usually hal ka badan cunin. Even jabkaas igu badan mar mar. Laakiin markaa timir ku daro, oo bursaliidna ku qabsado a little more macaan noqonaa.

Soon inta waxba kama ahee intii soo aragtay ayaa soo aragtee soon dalkeena uu balaayo ka ahaa. In Xamar, the whole city used to shut down the moment marxab, marxab, yaa ramadaan hees kasoo gisho idaacadda. Then abkeey ciyaal dhan banaanka usoo bixi jiray, banaankii oo so quiet wada ahaa. God.

Kuusha, haye, Alcuruba wali sambuuskooda ma dhadhamisay? Ash ma'aha runtii.

Kool_Kat   

^'Soorta lacunayo hadey subag tahyo saxareynayee samo ku afuraay'

Naga daa hee hana qiireyninee!

Sambuuska meeshaana urkaan ku nacay...I think they are still using the same saliid since the day they opened...Yuck! Love the three corners of the sambuus though...

nuune   

^^ Koolo, why not cook your own saambuus, it beats the saambuus from so called makhaayadaha or tukaamaha kuwaasoo ka daadanayo abkey saliid oo dhan.

ar iga tag waxaa i xasuusiey soorta la cunaya hadee subag tahay ...., qiiro aa sheegee ani dhan aaba isku kaduutey sidii bakayle camal.

MMA, lool dhaxda maa ka cuntaana, aniga is strange the way I eat saambuus, first asoo dhowr xabo aan qoorta ku soo dhagaa, uur ku jirtada aan ka daadinaa, lama tuuraayo dib aa loo dhiganaa, bursaliid aa la soo qabanaa then bursaliidka dhaxdiisa aa saambuuska uur ku jirtadiisa lagu shubaa, waxaa kuu soo harey sadexdii corners of saambuuska iyo dhaxdiisi oon kala baxey wixii ku jirey(uur ku jirtadii), sadxedii cornerska ahaa iyo dhaxdii aa ayagana lagu qabanaa bursaliid kale, kadib waxaan isku keenaa uur ku jirtadii hore een ka daadiyey saambuuska iyo qeebtan kale, ma ila socotaa, I know waa confusing, then halkan saambursaliid wax la dhaho ayaa ka dhashey, very tasty, the outcome is just marvelous.