Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

So how did it go; first half of Ramadan?

Nephissa   

It went so fast, Alxamdulilaah. Surprisingly I haven't been hungry or thirsty at all this ramadan and it kinda defeats the whole purpse of Ramadan: to feel the hunger that too many in this world feel everyday of the year. I thought I was maybe eating way too much, so I've decided to cut down my suhuur intake down to a glass of milk and a bowl of cereal. So let's see inaan gaajoodo maanta.

Abtigiis   

kolkol intaad iloowdo miyaad ku yar tuurtaa? I mean I know a friend who often drinks water only to realise he was in Ramadan later. They say its Allah's way of blessing some among us!

Aaliyyah   

..I think they are still using the same saliid since the day they opened...Yuck! Love the three corners of the sambuus though..

KK,who uses the same oil to make samosa? that's both nasty and unhealthy....I would advice that you make it yourself, that way you get to make it however way you want and add whatever ingredients you prefer. Not to mention it's fun ..or to me at least. I enjoy both making and eating samosa...

tan kale MMA markasta sambuuska wa necbahay lasoo tagantahay waxa moda in lagugu kaa khasbayo icon_razz.gif

enjoy the remaining days of to this holly month inshallah....

wa salaamu alaikum

Aaliyyah   

^can't believe it's already the last 10 days..

Surah 97.

3. The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.

4. Therein come down the angels and the Spirit by Allah.s permission, on every errand.

May allah swt inshallah forgive us that night that is equivalent to 1000 months. That clearly shows how our creator is Merciful for those who want to repent...Sol members inshallah take advantage of the last 10 days.

wa salaamu alaikum

Malika   

^Inshallah!

It is narrated in Sahih Muslim that Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam used to bring himself to devotion during the last ten nights to a greater extent than any other times.

Indeed we should take advantage of these blessed ten days and nights..

Sambusaa hadhaal keduu weey daftee.. :D

-Lily-   

Why is it that people are convinced its the 27th though? In my loacl mosque they camp out on the 27th like someone told them its that night.

Aaliyyah   

Lily looool same here walahi my mosque is over filled...I don't even get space to breath that night.subhanalah it's better to always increase our ibada and pray both tarawiix and salatu leyl. And, not just worship on that specific day...

Malika   

^A friend was telling me she will be staying at the masjid the whole of this week..I am like am sure you can pray and read qu'ran at home,why camp at the mosque?

It reminded me of the stories we used to tell each other of the laylatul qadr night,that a stranger with a boneless thumb,will come to your house or at the mosque.He will appear to be real poor and how you treat him is the real test of your imaan. If you treat him well,you will be rewarded accordingly and vice versa. So you can imaging the fingure pressing that went on in the mosques..Lol A child's imagination eey!

Aaliyyah   

friend was telling me she will be staying at the masjid the whole of this week..I am like am sure you can pray and read qu'ran at home,why camp at the mosque?

lol@ camp at the mosque maka dhab baa??...it's called I'tikaf, which is basically staying at the mosque the last 10 days and it happens to be what the prophet csw use to do. It's not a must but actually recommended for those who can do it, since all of us want to be closer to allah swt, whats better than worshiping him for 10 days without being distracted with anything else (family,school, work). But, since most of us are busy with work and school. It's rather hard to do it.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

kolkol intaad iloowdo miyaad ku yar tuurtaa? I mean I know a friend who often drinks water only to realise he was in Ramadan later. They say its Allah's way of blessing some among us!

Saan u rabo jiray inaan mar kaliya is hilmaamo leee! Ice cream baan cunay io juice aan cabay dad leh waan maqlay. Laakin waligeed iguma dhicin. Caku! Waxaa markaad doon doonaysid ma heshid shooow.

nuune   

27, is because mucjisooyin badan baa la arkey on that night, and alot of Sheikhs or Imaams concluded it is that night!

But we were told, in ictikaafka la badiyo the last 10 days.

Aaliyyah   

lol@ ice cream baa cunay...they are crazy subhanalah....

sometimes though when am cooking for my lil sis or making iftar i forget myself and i see myself tasting the food and going hmmm the food does indeed taste good..i think i added enough salt. till it strikes me that i was fasting and i run to the tap water lol..

I wish i could eat a whole cup of icecream not knowing icon_razz.gif