Sign in to follow this  
Allamagan

Paranormal Activity

I watched this movie three weeks ago. Really really creepy film it is about a young couple who are haunted by a supernatural creature (jinni or balaayo or whatever in somali) in their own home so they set up a camera in their sleeping room to capture what is haunting them. Few nights later the camera then captures supernatural activities going on while they asleep. One night while they fast asleep the girl is been dragged out of her bed and down the hallway by an invisible jinni or balaayo the whole thing was surreal...I found it very scary. Have you watched it?

B   

^I bet you do! Doesn't Dracula come from your neck of the woods! Bloody Romanian! lol. :D:D

Jacpher   

I think it's too much of a hype. I like to watch it.

I find most of these types of movies more of a digital effects than real jinni or balaayo as you put it. You can tell when you watch these shows, they boil down to sound effects, slow motion camera oo goosgoos ah. I have seen few documentaries and they weren't that bad. Jinni in people are more scarier. Qof si tartiib u fadhiya oo markiiba sudden movement, qaylo iyo dagaal isku darayya. That's really scary.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by B:

^I bet you do! Doesn't Dracula come from your neck of the woods! Bloody Romanian! lol.
:D:D

LooL

B   

My friend I arrived before you. Its not my problem you put your link for youtube, post your student IDs pictures and sing Somali songs called nagma(impressive btw).

I joined in Nov 2008. that's 3 months before you joined 'us'!

ailamos   

Italy spooked by Paranormal Activity

By Duncan Jones

BBC News correspondent in Rome

Parents and politicians in Italy are up in arms over US horror movie Paranormal Activity after several cinema-goers suffered from panic attacks.

It opened in Italy at the weekend with no restrictions - despite being rated 15 in the UK and R-rated in the US.

An emergency services spokesman told news agency Ansa the most serious case was a 14-year-old girl "brought to the hospital in a state of paralysis".

The Italian parents' association wants an age limit of 18 to be brought in.

The spokesman said emergency services had received dozens of calls, especially in southern Naples "where several panic attacks lasting more than half an hour took place on Saturday".

'Terrible thing'

Italian Defence Minister Ignazio La Russa said he was concerned about a trailer for the film shown on Italian TV.

"For the past two weeks a trailer has been shown obsessively on TV and is terrifying thousands of children," he said.

"It's a terrible thing. I took notice because my seven-year-old son told me, 'Daddy, I'm scared'."

Culture Minister Sandro Bondi said the committee that decided on age restrictions had given the film the go-ahead, but he was now considering possible measures to protect children.

Director Oren Peli filmed the movie on a video camera in his own house for just $15,000 (£9,000).

The fictional movie, shot like a homemade documentary, follows a young couple coping with supernatural phenomena in their home.

The creepy clips juxtapose extracts from the film with type-written words from the critics, saying things like "unnerving" or " genuinely shocking".

The ads end with a pounding music track and ever-quickening edits that climax with a husky-voiced announcer claiming that Paranormal Activity is the film that "terrorised all America".

It rather reminds me of the adverts many years ago for Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. It began with a similar voice over, "the tide of terror that swept America is here.... The Shining!"

It was enough to hook me and my friends, who dashed off to the nearest cinema to enjoy 90 edge-of-seat minutes.

In Italy's case, Paranormal Activity has lead to several people actually toppling off the edge of their seats.

One 14-year-old girl in Naples had to be given oxygen by paramedics, she was in such a state.

Age ban

One minister said the film trailer should not be aired on TV at a time when children could see it.

A consumer group has threatened to go to court to get the film restricted to adults only (at the moment it is on general release with no viewer restrictions).

And Alessandra Mussolini, granddaughter of the country's former fascist dictator, said if it was too late to impose an age ban, then the film should be shown with some sort of warning, so that parents know the risks.

Publicists for the film must be in horror heaven, given all the free publicity it's getting. Word-of-mouth could very soon become money-in-bank, if it continues like this.

We've been here many times before. I can also recall similar concerns about A Clockwork Orange, The Exorcist and Pink Flamingoes.

Many people complained without even seeing them.

And those that did may have been shocked, but few required the assistance of paramedics on the pavements outside cinemas (though I do remember that, when I first saw Pink Flamingoes, so many people walked out in disgust, they would have overwhelmed any waiting paramedics!)

People of all ages love to be scared at the cinema or on TV sets in their homes.

Some, it seems, are a little more sensitive than others.

They should be respected. But it should still be Boo! Not boo-hoo!

LOL... even the Defense minister got involved... :D:D

My best friend whose favorite movie genre is Horror and scary movies watched this movie and to this day, she sleeps with the lights on. It's not so much about it being scary, but very very creepy and totally possible especially if you believe in Jin, which we do.

Originally posted by B:

My friend I arrived before you. Its not my problem you put your link for youtube, post your student IDs pictures and sing Somali songs called nagma(impressive btw).

I joined in Nov 2008. that's 3 months before you joined 'us'!

Stalker much? :D

Alle - dadku fulaysana!

but you all reminded of my young cousin - who watched a movie with us on his first day in Finland straight from baadiye. We were watching Canon The Barbarian (Arnold S*nigger) during a scene of carnage and fire - he screamed out "War bahalka bakhtiiya intusan dabku qabsan guriga" :D

i just gave him call as result of this thread - we are meeting on Sunday - thanks :cool:

Scary movies give me the "heebie jeebies"

I am liable to do irrational things, like take my bike for a walk.

That is why i try my best to avoid them as much as possible.

I had a date with Chuck Norris once, and kalabka suggested watching Twilight :eek:

Me said, “Noooo cirka ii firi” I ran away with my daango, and never looked back, (well i had to go back, forgot to add butter) but after that walahi i didn't look back :D

Malika   

^ :D

I dont do horror movies,books..It spooks me! Growing up with people with 'jinns' and a neighbour obsessed with ' hindu statues' he had them every where in his house..going to madrassa meant walking through grave yards,the stories we told each other or what we were told...Enough to last a life time of being spooked..lol