Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Father's Day

Kool_Kat   

Just wishing all the fathers out there a Happy Father's Day!

Yes, fathers too, just like mothers deserve to be honored on their special day...We should show them our gratitude for their care, love, support and understanding...We might call them Aabo, Aabe, Abaa, Abaaba, Dad, Daddy, Papa, we love them all the same...

Although, I've lost my dad (allaha u naxariistee) at an early age (in 88), I haven't forgotten all the little things he did for me: all the songs he used to sing to me (believe me his voice was sweeter than any fanaan I've heard) :D , all those times he acted interested to hear in what I had to say - even though he was tired, all the times he took me around the block on his motorcycle, all the times he took me to see his team practice, all little bribes :D he used to give me, or the smile on his face (and boy oh boy did he have the most beautiful smile ever, he truly could light up a room with just his smile) when he comes from work and sees me run to him with open arms...Believe me I can go on and on and on about my dear aabe without an ounce of shame saan uga hadlaayo una faaninaayo... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Even though we express our love for our dear dads everyday, it surely doesn't hurt making them feel extra special on this special Father's Day...So every guy and gal, young or old should have a day set aside for daddy (it doesn't have to be tomorrow, just any day)...A day to treat and pamper dear ol'daddy...A day to show them just how much they mean to you...A day to tell them just how blessed you are to have a dad like him...

Any loser can have a child, but it truly takes a real man, a strong man, a good hearted man, a loving and caring man to be a good father...And there is absolutely nothing more greater, nothing more blessing, nothing more joyful than hearing one's son/daughter call him Aabo, Aabe, Abaa, Abaaba, Dad, Daddy, or Papa...Just ask any father...

Since I am now a mother, I plan to have a special day for my husband, just to say 'THANK YOU FOR BEING THE BEST DAD TO OUR DAUGHTER!!!'

So, odayaasha SOL 'Have A Very Happy and Blessed Father's Day'...

Ciao

Aabahaa Eebba ha u naxariisto, janadiisana Fardowso haka waraabiyo -- aamiin, aamiin.

Ereyga 'abaa' markaa maqlo waxaa xasuustaa how I used to think only inaa anaga kaliya ka isticmaalno markii Soomaaliya la joogay maadaama aabaheena ugu wici jirnay 'abaa' instead of aabo. How we revered this very word itself because of our aabo xishmadaa u heynay. Reer Xamarka aaba abuse gareeye lately, kii la arkaba 'abaa, abaa' ku leh. Darn, sharaftii ka qaadeen ereygaas. :D

Believe me I can go on and on and on about my dear aabe without an ounce of shame saan uga hadlaayo una faaninaayo...

Aabahaa faanis iyo wax kaleba uma baahno adi uu ku dhalay, Eebba ka sakowna adduunka ku keenay. Intaas ku filan. Eebba ha u naxariisto mar kale.

------------

Haye, kuweena aabo wali noqon xaa sameyneynaa hee in this special day? Ciyaal kuni kuni midkoo maka soo xadnaa hee, [wink wink, remember Ms. Nasty?]. :D

Kool_Kat   

Cara, some of those pics are just priceless...

MMA, amiin aboow, thanks...

LOL@Ms Nasty! Waryaa cunugta daa, let's see you produce someone as cute, smart and witty as she is...Qaraarka kadaa cunugta waryaa...Mansha'allahna ugu dar...You should bring her by sometime so she could play with the princess...I can just see two divas oo madaxa isla galay... :D:D:D

Kool_Kat   

Any loser can have a child, but it truly takes a real man, a strong man, a good hearted man, a loving and caring man to be a good father...And there is absolutely nothing more greater, nothing more blessing, nothing more joyful than hearing one's son/daughter call him Aabo, Aabe, Abaa, Abaaba, Dad, Daddy, or Papa...Just ask any father...

JB, I suggest you re-read ^^ this part of the topic...Nac nacda badan dhaaf...

Geeljire, nothing wrong with having eedo day too...Geeljire dayna noogu dar... :D

Aaliyyah   

Happy father's day...

Words can't describe how much I love my father and how hard he worked for us. Also, he did his religious duty of raising us good Muslims which is the best gift a parent can give to his children.

subhanalah, I believe every day should be a father's day or mother's day for that matter. And, anything we do for our parents will not amount to what they gave us or sacrificed for us. But having that one special day that you do something for your dad or mom is nice. Doesn't matter what you do for them, even letting them go out and enjoy their day out while you take care of the household and what not is even enough. OR, just have a family gathering. Either way take a time to show your parents how much they mean to you and how much you love them.

May allah swt reward all the fathers who are working hard for their families. And, may he guide those who are neglecting their families.

May your father rest in peace KK

wa salaamu alaikum

The Zack   

Isn't this Bidca? I thought Muslims should always be different then the Gaalo. Unlike the Kufars, we don't have specific days to celebrate or do specific things. "Lil Muslimiina Ciidaani" was what the hadith said.

KK, May your dad and all of our dads rest in peace!

Zack I agree with you, it is bidca to make your own holiday if it was not practiced by the prophet (s.a.w) and the sahabs. Alhough I do not celeberate for fathers dat but every single day I make sure that I make dua for my father that is the highest level of jannah(jannatul-alfirdoos). As the prophet (s.a.w) said that when a person dies all his deeds will be cut, except for sadaqatil jariah, knowledge that he/she left behind and a pious kid that will dua for them.

Baluug   

^She might as well be, it's not like the Raptors are any good..... :D

Anyways, I got this cute little card from my daughter Layla that she made in school. It says

"Love Layla

Happy

Day

Fathers"

I think she got it backwards :D but it's the cutest thing in the world, and the front of the card is shaped like a suit and tie, although I've never worn a suit in my life :D It's going on the fridge!!