Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

London Mayoral Election - Who got your vote?

So, it's all done and dusted now. The votes are being counted and we'll know who's won in a few hours.

Did you vote? And if so, who did you vote for?

Most ppl I spoke to over the course of the day had voted for or were going to vote for Ken Livingstone as first choice with Brian Paddick as second preference.

Fabregas   

I voted for BNP: Black National Party!

p.s, i think we mite have a tory government in a year or two! people dem juz a lickle tired of Lebar!

N.O.R.F   

^^gET ME?

Heavy losses for Labour last night. I don't think people are actually looking at policies but rather personalities. Brown is no TB and Cameron seems to be making the right noises.

Where is Thierry our resident Labourite?

Thierry.   

Worst electorate results in 40 years I am feeling it for labour. I like Brown but as PM he is out of his league (not his fault), it seems that people in Britain like men that waffle and talk a lot without any substance (TB and Cameron).

If I was brown I would step down and give the Premier to one of the Primrose Hill gang namely David Miliband.

Hopefully Ken will come through I voted for Paddick as my second choice (I don’t like the guy but it was a tactical vote)

-Lily-   

I feel sorry for Gordon Brown, Blair trashed people's confidence in labour beyond repair. People want change though, and pretty boy Cameron may just get it.

I voted for Ken.

N.O.R.F   

People no longer vote for policy/manifestos. Its all about the peronality/public image. Some don't vote all (Ngonge) :rolleyes:

Ibtisam   

Early indications are that Ken has lost. CL & Smith will have a party. Better find a new home fast. :rolleyes:

The labour problems and the backlash on Brown have over-shadowed him.

Ibtisam   

^^^Lol @nothing will change. An racist, islamichobic i*doit will be running London, I'm sure things will change.

Paragon   

I didn't bother voting. And even if I were to vote, I would've only done so if they could allow me to vote, not for Boris (although I like the fellow's humour), but against Ken. While at it, vote labour out. But the problem is there's no good alternative to vote in. So, I exercised my democratic right NOT to bother voting. For now Boris is the better choice; the public could do with a bit of a laugh amidst this state of seriousness and war.

Toure, Brown's been a good exchequer by keeping up expendature to keep the economy afloat from recession, but his problem now is that he doesn't have a good exchequer who can do him the job he dd for TB. Well, I guess Labour's -1 and Tory's +12 is rather telling. Charisma and charm have thrashed sure-footed economics-mind :D . Here's a lesson for you lol. Crunching numbers ain't enough in politics, eh?