Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

MARC SMITH*** WHAT'S WRONG WITH SOMALIA? *** VIDEO EXCLUSIVE

Keyf,

they can fart all they like, it wont deter me from expressing my opinions in this forum.

As for me being an attention-seeker, i complete refute this since i am attempting to rearch wider audiences by informing them of the state of affairs in somalia. This has seen me go where no somali broadcaster has ventured before. if you dont like it, dont put up with it.

Underdog, i dont like your attitude, you disgust me with your arrogance.

MARC

Underdog, I just want to give you headsup.

I reported your sorry excuse of a self to the ADMIN.

You are getting out of hand, U-Dog.

It seems that your rage and self hatred is coming from deep within. Could it be envy thats firing you up? (Plse, say it isn't so)

We have north, caano who felt territorial towards Marc.(thought caano geel toned down a bit) and now you are constantly going at him at every thread he posts. Why can't you ignore him and his threads if he is what you say he is?

i completely agree with LZG,

U-dogg is getting out of hands and should be dealt with accordingly. I suggest we unite against his arrogance and bombard him with constant condemnation. He must be punished by the strong arm of SOL law.

I recommend that he be banned, but that might seem a bit too extreme, since I don’t know about his previous history before my advent.

MARC

N.O.R.F   

LG, if you fail to understand where I'm coming from then I cant help you I'm afraid.

Marc

Try to at least put some sort of synopsis to your videos in future. This may encourage more of a broader debate and those who do not have access to youtube will actually know what your talking about.

Back to Somalis and democracy. I really dont think we are ready for a full fledging democracy at the moment and for a long time to come.

What to do? I hear you ask. Well tribalism failed Somalis but, in my opinion, only a tribal system of governance, at least at lower levels, will save it. I'm not sure of the exact dynamics but a lower house system of Suldaans elected by their clansmen would be a good start followed by signed treaties between all tribes. The suldaans get to discuss/vote on many of the issues/decisions to be taken by the govnt.

How does it sound so far?

chubacka   

^^^

will this not ensure a conflict between different tribes on a regular basis?

Its true that somalia (along wid many other countries) is really not ready for the sort of democracy that works for these western countries.

but I think focussing on tribe will only serve to divide ppl rather dan unite them.

So wot will work for Somalia? Well the Islamic Courts were doing a good job...

completely agree with LZG,

U-dogg is getting out of hands and should be dealt with accordingly. I suggest we unite against his arrogance and bombard him with constant condemnation. He must be punished by the strong arm of SOL law.

I recommend that he be banned, but that might seem a bit too extreme, since I don’t know about his previous history before my advent.

MARC

Ohh my god this is just hilarious…

Ibtisam   

^^^Looool.

Underdog just stated the obvious, nothing to ban someone for. In fact he was too nice if you ask me.

I do not know how anyone can take niikaan seriously. It is just another manifestation of self hating individuals…. I’m waiting for the solution video’s baal, before I dismiss him altogether.

Poster:

You put yourself out, your opinion, thoughts and presentation. You asked for comments both here and on Youtube. That is what you got..comments…some who kissed your a*ss and others who told you to do it yourself and some who just don’t care. Obviously putting yourself on a platform opens you up to criticism and if you cannot handle it, then blame yourself.

underdog   

Oh Snap! 'Miss a day, miss a lot'.

Ok, let's see where should I begin:

Marc,

Let me first address the "stating the obvious" claim: If you venture back through the SOL threads for the past 5 years, every claim you've made on video has been posted, discussed, dissected, argued and documented over and over again.

-Qabil and the problems its caused.

-Somali youth running a mock all over the place

-Somaliland separation issues

ETC ETC...

Sorry to say, but the problems have already been brought forth. So unless you're introducing practical ideas towards solution (which I have yet to see, read or hear) then you're beating a dead horse.

Lastly, on the matter of your failure to understand criticism, let me quote your role model:

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill.

LG,

Report me to the Admin???? Really? Ms. 'I have an opinion on everything' Should I start digging thru these archives and dig up every shot you ever took at someone's opinion? if the crime here is 'opposition' to someones style of presentation or track of thought, you're just as guilty as I am. So good luck with that report.

And Rage? is that what you detected? LOL...Thats almost as hysterical as Marc's "controversial figure in the community" and "gone where no Somali has gone before"...hahahahah priceless.

I dont understand why same ppl do the same blood thing they accuse ppl off and then turn around and cry....wolf wolf...! and its the same ppl everytime. YO think that i ma lying!!lool.. check it out in lil while, u will see wat i am talking about.

they must have 3 balls or something.. smile.gif

U-doggy dog,

I think you’re very excessive in your responses and in serious need of mental treatment LOL!

The 'claims' I discuss on my videos are topical and affect the Somali community on a daily basis. It’s not something we can hide from. Tribalism has destroyed our country and has also affected the views of those in the west. It’s endemic and cannot brushed aside. Like most normal people, it affects our daily thoughts and judgements, but you live in a social utopia where it doesn’t exist.

As for Somali youth 'running a mock', this has in the last two years dramatically increased and it’s not something we can ignore as a community. Only now the stakes are higher as more young people die needlessly. Again it’s not something we can afford to ignore and pretend never happens.

As for the Somaliland quagmire, its the grey elephant of somali politics and one that cannot be ignored. As mentioned previously, Somaliland is closer than ever to achieving its aims, this is therefore a dynamic topic and one thats forever evolving.

All these 'claims' you have accused me of posting are topical matters that cannot be ignored. Please before you start throwing unnecessary insults, think rationally!

MARC

^How about you do little less talking and actually do something about problems you have outlined. We are all aware of the problems, come up with tangible instead of repeating what already been said and done.

P.S. And stop alienating the very people you wanna change.

Originally posted by -:

^How about you do little less talking and actually do something about problems you have outlined. We are all aware of the problems, come up with tangible instead of repeating what already been said and done.

P.S. And stop alienating the very people you wanna change.

This is ridiculous, just as I have explained to U-doggy-dog, u need to realise how important these topics are, also these topics evolve on a daily basis. Its one thing to discuss them but another to present solutions for a age old problems.

MARC :cool: