Sign in to follow this  
Wiilo

Somali church leader concerned about situation of Christians

Wiilo   

Abaayo thanks for sharing that with us.

Sida Xadiithku sheegayba, dad baa waligood Allaah caabuda oo sameeya wax walba oo wanaag ah markaasaa kolka ay dhiman rabaan baa Kitaabkooda Laga siiyaa dhanka Bidix kolkaa bay durba Diinta ka baxaan oo gaaloobaan (Inaa Illaah) marka abaayo waa la arki dad badan, balse annagu waxaan Allaah Ka baryaynaa inuu naga dhigin Kuwaa Aamiin.

Wabillaah Towfiiq:..........

OG_Girl   

Wiilo, sister, I don't understand what is bothering you from the Artical you posted?

I just don't see any thing new in it.

Salam

Wiilo   

U Must have seen so many Somali people converted to Christianity,,,,,,,,Acuudu Billaah,,,,,aniga way ii dhiman tahay taa dear......

Wabilaahi Towfiiq:......

LANDER   

I have seen and known Somalis who were born Christians because their forefathers were Christians. I've also seen those very same Christian born Somalis convert to Islam. But Somalis who've actually converted to Christianity are indeed very rare; this is probably the second case I've heard of besides Ayan Hirsy or that mp from Netherlands. The pattern I see in these people very much like the other converts from Islam to Christianity in the wider world, is a childhood scared by overly strict dogmatic discipline in the teachings of Islam that eventually develop into a hatred for our religion. Their theological reasoning never carries any weight, and they don't usually even try to reason in such a manner. They mostly react with their emotional self-justifications very much like the above fellow who is quick to play the victim card. I personally have a friend from high school who is in a seminary at the moment studying to be a priest in the Roman Catholic Church, since our high school days we’ve always hand discussions on religion and the differences between our two fates. Also our high school was a Catholic school which meant mandatory religion classes for all students, including Muslims and while some of my Muslim school mates demanded for an alternative to the religion class like Art, I decided to join to the religion class with the support of family since it could only be but a learning experience. Moral of this little anecdote is that you can learn of other fates and it would only benefit your personal knowledge base, but first you must have a clear understanding of the basic principles of your own fate and have an appreciation for the merits of your faith since all faiths due come with them. That being said, if you are psychologically traumatized by past experiences with your native faith which I suspect is the case with this man, than using religion as an escape-goat for what could potentially be larger personal problems could prove to be very detrimental.

Tuujiye   

You guys should learn something from the articles; and thats to study your religion for your self. If you guys read the qur'aan and understand it, you will be surpriced how our qur'aan teachs us the way of life.

Diinteena waa diin loogu talagaly in lagu noolaado lana practice gareeyo habeen iyo maalin.

Somalideyna waxaan nahay dad aad iyo aad u qafiif badan. waxeynu nahay dad iska qaata wax kaste, daqan iyo diinba ha ahaado.

waxaa jiraan kun somali oo sheegata diinta islaamka laakiin aanan ku dhaqmin dhibicdeeda..

nabigeyna (s.c.w) said qof aanan tukan malugu sheegi karo muslim..imagine that...how many baa tukata..

since dagaalka uu dhacay somali badan baa duloowday oo diintii iyo dhaqankii ka tagay.

reason I'm keep on mentioning (dhaqan), is because our dhaqan respects our religion and therefore if realy love our dhaqan we will also love our religion and thats why you see kan somalida ugu xun xitaa sida uu u jecel yahay diintiisa.

Gaalkaan hala yaabina laakiin ka tusaala qaata.

Aniga waxaan ku aqaan magaladaan Ottawa Somali oo shiica noqotay ama gaala noqotay. Waxaasna waxaa u keenay aqoon darida ee ka qabaan diintooda.

Tiina ka fikira ilaahey diintiisa barta, salaada tukada, masaajidyada taga oo ka faa iideysta culumada, zakada bixiya, sooma...qofka haduu iimaan leeyahay, imaankaas baa difaaca oo wax kastoo sheydaan ah ka dhoora.

Ilaahoow nasoo hanuuni oo kuwaan walaalahey oo lumay soo hanuuni...U duceeya peter ahmed, maxaa yeelay ilaahey waa qafuurul raxiim oo wuu soo hanuunin karaa like the other guy who was the priest and became muslim again....

wareeeeeeeeeer badanaa!!!

Originally posted by wiiilo:

kaalo iyo kufaar uma ogolaan karno dalkeenna.

Acuudu Billaah:......... [/QB]

Wiilo: Gaal iyo Kufaar iyo kuwa ka dharan dalkeenna wii ka buuxaan.

All the warlords and the idots with their mentality...are worse than kaffuras. Because they call themselves "muslims" and not follow the teachings of our peaceful religion. They murder, they maim, rape, kidnapp, take hostages, and commit countless other astrocities... :mad: against their fellow muslim brothers and sisters.

In fact, it is said in the quran, that these people will occupy positions in hell which are lower then the kuffars. They are hypocrites/munafiqiin of the worst kind. Why dont we strive to rid our country of their kind?

Istaqfurullah.

So to be mad at christian Somalis, while people much worse are living among us and ruling us, is just crazy i think. Lets save our energy and hate for those who truly deserve it shall we?

I myself, see no problem with it as long as they do not try to convert people or interfere in our issues...after all it is a choice Allah gave them. So, it is between them and Him at the end of the day.

How is their choice of a religion effect us in any way? We people get mad over little things and tend to ignore the bigger issues that should hold our attentions.

There are bigger and badder fish to fry people.

Blessed   

^^^Hear, Hear!

Bottom line people, no one can misguide those whome Allah guides, and those whome Allah allows to go astray none can guide. Hadith of the Prophet (saw).

So, Warsame doesn't worry me. If someone falls for his calls, there Iman in Islam must have been shakey to begin with.

Besides, being Somali doesn't guarantee you faith. Lets get over ourselves, eh? :rolleyes:

Wiilo, Jackson, you guys must be really weak in your faith to feel threatened by a few hundred christians. Non-muslim communities have always lived peacefully under Muslim leadership. In fact, it is this tolerance that learned Muslims pride themselves on. That's what Islam brought to the world, tolerance to those who don't are not actively trying to harm you. Remember the Quran? That Holy book you associate yourself with? Remember the phrase: "Lakum di nokum walye din"?

Somali people really are the most disrespectful and intolerant of people. Instead of showing them the kindness and generosity Islam teaches us, they show fear and disgust at anything and anyone that's not like them.

I would say Christians and other non-muslim people should be protected. They should have the right to assemble and worship and celebrate their holidays. If Christian countries can do this much for us, why can't we do the same in return? Are they better than us? More tolerant? Or are these countries wrong and they should have gagged us and torn down our mosques?

Because who knows, when they learn how truly open and tolerant and warm our religion is, through ordinary Muslims who practice Islam in the kindest humblest way, perhaps then they will become drawn towards it. Honestly if I were a non-muslim, and had no knowledge of Islam except by the example of Somali muslims, I don't think I'd become one. Do you honestly want to be like that?

bilan   

if you are somali does not mean you must be muslim,whether you like it or not there are somalis who are christian, and they have every right to live peaceful and practice their religion, because Allah gave them those rights, even Allah says in the qur'an "there is no compulsory in religion".

Wiilo and Qac Qac, I’ve deleted all your ignorant comments – cuz they were said out of ignorance and intolerance. Where do you two get off thinking you’ve the authority to kill people and Somalia belongs to you and your ilk?

Political correctness, professional attitude iyo diinta waxba kama taqaaniin,. It really makes me angry when I hear of Somalis talking about killing other Somalis on religious or tribal grounds. This mentality is beyond me and any1 even mentioning it as a JOKE needs to be thought some serious self-discipline. Waxaad ku nooshihiin wadan gaalo, you’re allowed to practice your religion and given the same rights as any other citizen, so how you can harbour such hatred and be so intolerant towards others is shocking to me.

This is an excerpt from an Islamic History site.

The Spread of Islam

From the oasis cities of Makkah and Madinah in the Arabian desert, the message of Islam went forth with electrifying speed. Within half a century of the Prophet's death, Islam had spread to three continents. Islam is not, as some imagine in the West, a religion of the sword nor did it spread primarily by means of war. It was only within Arabia, where a crude form of idolatry was rampant, that Islam was propagated by warring against those tribes which did not accept the message of God--whereas Christians and Jews were not forced to convert. Outside of Arabia also the vast lands conquered by the Arab armies in a short period became Muslim not by force of the sword but by the appeal of the new religion. It was faith in One God and emphasis upon His Mercy that brought vast numbers of people into the fold of Islam. The new religion did not coerce people to convert. Many continued to remain Jews and Christians and to this day important communities of the followers of these faiths are found in Muslim lands.

Moreover, the spread of Islam was not limited to its miraculous early expansion outside of Arabia. During later centuries the Turks embraced Islam peacefully as did a large number of the people of the Indian subcontinent and the Malay-speaking world. In Africa also, Islam has spread during the past two centuries even under the mighty power of European colonial rulers. Today Islam continues to grow not only in Africa but also in Europe and America where Muslims now comprise a notable minority

Source

Read and Reflect + Re-read FF and XU’s wise words.

Somalia is not 100% Muslim and minorities need to be protected. This is not to further Christianity in Somalia and there is a fine line between practicing and preaching.

Live and Let live.

NGONGE   

"We live in constant fear. We have very little rights, since people believe that there are no Christians in Somalia," said
Peter Ahmed Abdi
, leader of the Mogadishu Pentecostal Church, who is also chairman of the tiny Somali Christian community.

I didn’t read any of the thread because I don’t find it interesting (no offence to the poster of course). However, the name of the church leader caught my eye!

Peter Ahmed. Heh! Sounds like a movie star.

There is nothing to worry about !!

We should encourage a multi-dimentional Somlai society.

We´ve seen what a homogeneous 99% sunni-muslim society with a nomadic culture can do !!

let us try a society that tolerates indiffrence n multi-belifs , Maybe it is the ONLY way ahead.

Personally i prefer an open-minded Somali christian to a typical dogmatic somali "wadad".

not that the 1st is better or theologically more correct than the latter , but it is JUST that i HATE the blind preception of the Somalis beeing so selfrightoes n correct.

in my humble view Somalis NEED to learn both (their) Islam and ALL OTHER RELIGIONS to either endorse or reject but respect.

Tahliil   

It's sad, really sad..it hurts u know when i c boys and girls who speak the same way the anchors and the gurus on Fox and CNN speak to us here in this part of the world; unable of course to come up with their own grove...Imitating, copyin and pastin sentences word by word...Tolerance, Homegenous, diversity, equal rights, American Dream, terrorism, Loving god. "This is how we c and this is how u'll c it"...No readin between n beyond the lines..Minds wasted..Robotic generations who lack the sense to distinguish right from wrong...It is really painful to c u guys using those phony words from the Media outlets and the mahogany desks of Peter Jennings, and his collegues.. DIVERSITY my @@###%$$ Tolerance; Tell that to the cronies in Holland and France and Germany and the US who ordered the annihalition of Poor Bosnian villages...Who each yr supply tens of tons of ammunition to the thugs and the warlords of the world... a mind is a terrible thing if it only immitates...Observe the emotional words they use in the 5 o'clock news: Endorse; respect and reject...Reject them all

Imitating, copyin and pastin sentences word by word...
Tolerance, Homegenous, diversity, equal rights,
American Dream, terrorism, Loving god. "This is how we c and this is how u'll c it"...No readin between n beyond the lines..Minds wasted..Robotic generations who lack the sense to distinguish right from wrong.....It is really painful to c u guys using those
phony words
from the Media outlets and the mahogany desks of Peter Jennings, and his collegues..

Ma waalantahey adi mise waa miyir qabtaa?

Acuudu Bilah! We got those from the QURAN and the PROPHET'S SUNNAH!

Maybe you should pick it up and read it eh? You'll be surprised. :rolleyes:

Tahliil   

F F:

Ma waalantahey adi mise waa miyir qabtaa?

Acuudu Bilah! We got those from the QURAN and the PROPHET'S SUNNAH!

Hodi; Hodi majirto miyaa? sidee wax loo wadaa? and lookin posts from different angles and in context? or is this ur way of taking a cheap shot on The SHARIF....