Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Going rate...

^ :D @ furka tuuro - what are you implying now - ana furka tuuray?? :D marki horeba ima saarneyn icon_razz.gif

Jamaal - don't listen to that vagabond - isaga ku soo gubtay markii hore. :D

Originally posted by S*S:

^ka dhex bax raga!

Jamaal - markan ariga raaci jiray aniguba ma arki jirin - balse markaan kuray noqday oo geela daba galay - meel walba ku arki jiray
:D

Suubxaano, war geel lama dabagalo!

Ragaa sheygeesid masaasbaa icon_razz.gif

Kool_Kat   

koolkat, now am certain so many soler men wish you were still single...ileen waxba maad waydiisan laheen ...ii kaxeesta bilaash odhan laheed

Aaliyah, xoolo maan ahay markii la'i kaxeysanaayo? :mad: :D

Hablahiina qurbaha ku koray iyo kuweena Somalia kusoo koray oo wilibo ayeeyo koriska ah isku si uma fikirno...Meherka is the first step to a marriage, imagine putting a monetary value on that? What would that marriage be based on? The value of the meher should be the least of any woman's worries, specially when starting a life with the one you love, respect, dream with, and want to build a long happy life with...

With that said, any decent man, who truly loves his wife-to-be will be generous, I believe...Hada waa kuwa dhaqan Soomaaliga leh...War wuxu waa niman, women can easily make all the decisions, while making them think/believe they are...Xirfad baa la'siku dhaafay meesha... ;)

Dirin mise joodari?

Nassir, don't push it hee, unless of course it is a flying dirin...

Kool kat fuurbo waaye gabdhahan yar yar beey meel cidlaha udireysaa

Fu-Fu, mayee waan u aqliyeeynayaa...Ninka markuu gacanta kuugu jiraa la maamushaa, oo wixii larabo laga qaadaa, laakiin kuwaan iyagooba lugahii banaanka uyaalaan bey kirif kirif wadaan...Hadhowna leeyhiin, there aren't any good men...

Blessed   

LOOOOOOOL@KK. Walee saylad in la joogo ayaad moodaa with calculators and all.. Inaa Lilah!

Muxuu yidhi odaygii as regards the death of guur..

Gabdhuhu waxay leeyihiin

Geel iyo lacag baan rabnaa

Gacnta taan sudhan lahayn

Luqunta taan gashan lahayn

Garbasaaro xariir ah iyo

Sariir aan wali la arag

Nuune.. bal dhamee. (I know, you know it).. smile.gif

Would love a link to this song, if anyone knows where I can get.. smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

quote:Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Well, I now know the avg UK asking price
is 3-5K. But I did genuinely think it was 10-20K...

According to Ibts numbers, a girl should get 40% in total of whatever he has saved - but what if he has just 1K saved, would any1 be willing to go for £400?

I also think it is between 10-20K, must be the credit crunch or something, 3k waa la isku cay jirey

Serenity, I said his wealthy, not savings. So, the total of his saving, business, assets including car/ home value, so maxa £400 keeney
Ibtisam ... I think Capital would be a better way of calculating his worth.

Capital = Assets - liabilities.

so deduct car loan, student loan, mortgage and 20% of his capital is reasonable

just dont be surprised when your meher becomes a fraction of a -Ve number i.e you have to pay the brother instead :D

nuune   

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

Muxuu yidhi odaygii as regards the death of guur..

Gabdhuhu waxay leeyihiin

Geel iyo lacag baan rabnaa

Gacnta taan sudhan lahayn

Luqunta taan gashan lahayn

Garbasaaro xariir ah iyo

Sariir aan wali la arag

Nuune.. bal dhamee. (I know, you know it)..
smile.gif

:DBlessed, da hees is da Gaarida Haween by boqorka kabanka Ahmed Naaji Sacad, u will love it smile.gif

gaarida baarida haween

geed baa loo fadhisan jirey

inta loo gogol dhigtaa

gabaati la qaadan jirey

guurkii sidii geed ma dharay

gayaankii miyuu goblamay

heeyaa hey hey heyaaa

ala gayaankiii muxuu goblamay

gabdhihii waxay leeyihiin

ragii gododley noqdeen

iyagaa goobta xun na dhigay

galabtii walba waa aroos

galbisna uma baahanee

gabley shimbir bey tuntaa

guurkii sidii geed ma dharay

gayaankii miyuu goblamay

heeyaa hey hey heyaaa

ala gayaankiii muxuu goblamay

gabdhihii waxay leeyihiin

giniyo lacag baan rabnaa

gamcaha kaan sudhi lahayn

luqunta kaan gashan lahayn

guntiina xariiriyo

garbasaar aan la iisban karin

gogol aan waligeed la arag

kolkii ay gudoon sadeen

sidaas gurigii ku ba'ay

heeyaa hey hey heyaaa

sidaas gurigii ku ba'ay

ragii gocashey qabaan

gabdhihii way cabanayaan

iyamaa godobtaa iska leh

gafkaasii xaguu ka yimid

dadweynow gartooda naqa

heeyaa hey hey heyaaa

dadweynow gartooda naqa

I think dat is exactly wot is happening now, sadly!

Although I believe is up to the girl to decide for the price of her Meher, because that is the price a man has to pay to legalise islamically for entering her and demanding her hand for marriage, however, anything over 6K I think is over the limit.

That is my estimation, I would pay about that range, no less no more, if she demands more I would negotiate hard and taugh and maximum no more than 10k. If she still demands more, I think that deal would be off the paper. Move on,

Blessed   

Waaw, waad la heshay! Thanks Nuune,waagaan foodlayda ahaa baa heestan iigu danbaysay, waan calaashtay big time. LOL.

peasant   

^ lol...This figures are scary though but I think if we look around we can find cheap bargains and I am sure not all chicks are well informed about the market prizes. In that sense i think we still have a meager hope.

Curly   

I don't know about your maths but to pay a maheer of £10k to £20k at 20% of what he's worth, which I assume is his salary...since not many Somali men are stock market billionaires would equate to something around an annual salary of £50k to £100k. The average salary in England is just above £30,000 according to www.payscale.com.

And lets be honest many of our women don't see a penny of this money anyway. To me it's a promise and inshallah if he's a good muslim man he'll see it through... that's what I choose to take away from it all. I also think we women need to start doing our part by supporting our partners, even if it's just being the voice of reason when it comes to being unnecessarily frivolous with your hard earned cash.