Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Male-free Zone.

^- Perhaps you are? LOL I kid

But I agree with you, let this silly man bring forth is empirical evidence or forever keep his lips shut. Now a days everyones a new age relationship expert. Just because a man has watched a few episode of sex in the city doesn't mean he knows how woman's minds work. Blooming busy-bodies the lot of them...tisk tisk

C&H,

To me hearing 14 or 15 year old is interested in a relationship is really ludicrous...But I have seen in a lot lately, which made me think of this conversation I mentioned, at the mosque you would see girls flirting with the guys not of course too obvious...You look on facebook and they posting pictures of them in sexy poses.

Siren,

lol so if a girl who lives in the west since her teens, and totally is out spoken, and has outright personality, how many relationships would you believe she had?...Or look at this way, what if a guy who is 30 years old who lived in uk for 20 years, told you he never dated or dated 2 people in his whole life, honestly what would be your first reaction?...Are we individually programming ourselves to have a certain number of relationship acceptable because we automatically assume individuals living in the west for prolonged period have dated?

Oh god I wish I made sense, I always tell myself not to post late at night, but sometimes you can't help it.

bee bye SS

Scorpian- I’ll be honest if a man told me that he had only dated or had got to speak with 2 women he planned on marrying and he swore by this (No matter his geographical location) then I would have no reason not to believe him. I am not a mind reader my dear therefore I must take people at face value. What would be the point in being duplicitous or perhaps it’s not a matter of lying but a matter of shame or embarrassment at the number of people they’ve been chatting to.

Either way we have nothing to do but to trust them unless we have evidence which suggests otherwise. Is it even a real issue with the number of people they’ve seen so long as its been through halal means

Now what if I told you, that I’ve spent a remarkable portion of my life within the west and I have never been out on a “date” in the Western sense or Somali sense. Have I been out to all sorts of places with university friends, close relatives and colleagues of all sexes? Yes, were there romantic in content granted no. Its not impossible and in truth I think most people are like this including the Somali boys. They're not all romeos. LOL Perhaps I'm seeing things through rose tinted Victorian glasses who knows?

Ibtisam   

WAIT WAIT, I cannot get past this LINE!!!

at the mosque you would see girls flirting with the guys

YOu would??? What kind of mosque did you go to?? Are you sure it was a mosque? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh Morning, I'll comment on the rest when I get beyond this. :eek:

Pucca   

you poor innocent dear...you should go by the mosque on a sunny afternoon when there's a conference or lectures going on. Some of the sights your poor eyes will see will shock you into coma

Ibtisam   

^^^The UK is not like that, only the normal people go to mosques, with hormones in check. I mean they are two camps: either those that go to the mosque all the time (i.e. it is their second home) and they are truly blessed) Or we don't get to go to the mosque often enough and when we do make time for it, nothing else is on their mind but maximizing their time.

I’ve never seen such thing, Inshallah I won’t. The mosque is probably the one place you can go to get away from the usual qaashabiir and nonsense.

Faheema.   

^ I agree...The UK is very different. However, I remember (back in the day when I was kid icon_razz.gif ) going to malcaamad at the community center and during break would see outside the older ones oo laba laba isula taagan. Ofcourse, not I...I made full use of my break to visit the corner shop to get my pick and mix :D

Malika   

^It was a meeting place dee,xagee kalee laa isku arki laha. :D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@The normal people with hormones in check..Looooool,thank you Ibti needed a laugh..Haha

Oh,Ibti! Human beings will always amaze you dear,THERE are those whom go to the mosque to check out either guys or girls.Have you not experienced those eyes following you,while walking past the car park,entering the mosque and you suddenly bump into brothers coming from the other direction and they DO stare,and if your game you stare back,perhaps wink ..LOL I am kidding,What I am saying is it happens dear.

Ibtisam   

^^^^ :eek: When going to the mosque, only place your eyes look are your two feet, one in front of the other. I never notice anything till I get to the bus stop or on the bus and some farah makes you jump a mile by asking you "maa buska ayaad raacii or "maa Somali baad tahey" I would like to think they just appeared rather than following women from the mosque.

@Faheema. LOOOL, I also had the disadvantage of going to malcaamad where I was the youngest by almost 9yrs. When ever I asked them where they were going at break, they would say shop and leave me with the bags and return hrs later when malcaamad was nearly over with sherbets. Of course the malcaamad was in a church library, nor do I know what happened in those long breaks. I'd like to think they really went all the way to the shops to get me sweeties, bless them.

I'm kind of lost with the new topics in this section :eek: Bisinka, I think Sheh will finally start doing some work around here. :D She’s been given an easy ride for so long.

Malika   

^ :D ,the topics have generated interest in this quite corner of the forum,and the posters arent breaking any rules.But am sure Sheh,will be vigilant,she is already having fun with Goodir..LOL

MZanzi   

ibtisaam ..Afsomaliga marka kuhadleesid saa ugu qurxoon tahay hada ogtahay marwalba waa ku dal dalmi laheed