Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Peace

Somali-African marriages

Mr-Peace   

cynical lady

yes, somali culture like most cultures is patrilineal. So if a man were to marry outside he's culture, he's kid would still be considered somali and they would have a clan.

sayid somali

you're dismissed kid.

Malika   

LOL@Ngonge, I though I would help make it clear for him.

Anyway my understanding of this is, as a society we were very sucessful for generations to stay homogeneous but as circumstances and enviroment we had found ourselves has changed there is bound to be some changes to the homogeneous-ness make up of our society..The influence of the communities we live in,interact with surely can influence our choices in marriage and way of life.

But,I know that for others it has been due to lack of finding quality men or women, some it was a reaction after being hurt or played by a Somali be it a woman or a man.

You say,its different for a man to marry a non Somali but if a non Somali woman is raising those Somali children, will they really be SOMALI?

am out!

Oz   

Mr-Warmonger,

You have raised a very good issue, one that needs to be addressed. Although personally I cannot stop our Somali sisters from marrying outsiders, I fail to see why they do not seek Somali men. There is nothing with us. Calling them desperate probably isn't right. In my eyes, they are not, Somalified. They want to bring half-bloods to the world.

The level of low self esteem in this place is embarrassing, whatever happened to Somali pride?

I agree.

It seems like I am the only person who agrees with you. By the way, I wouldn't put the blame on Somali men for the reckless choices of spouses of our girls. We shouldn't consider them as our girls, but their girls!

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

So would you stop moaning and crying and calcal. If your Xalimo is no good, get another one who agrees with your views or a none somali one, just anaga warerika naag taay.

I think all somali men who complain about somali women, just can't get one because they are ugly, bitter and stuck in 18th century. Haye.
:D

Well, to your first suggestion, what if changing six doesn't work? To the latter assertion, I thought In la adkeeyo unbay haweenku ubaahan yihiin'e it is not so much about being pretty. If that was the case, mid Jamican iga dooratay would have gone with me instead? :D:D

I salute all the Raga raga ah ee SOL such as Sayid-Somal, Unknown1, Saqajaan, Dabshid and Ducaysane. I condem the spineless 'Rag la mood' such as Ngonge, Xinn, Jacaylbaro (oo saacadna nn rag ah saacadna xaawaleey).

Faheema.   

This is the most closed-minded and retarded thread I’ve read since...Richard Burton on somali women

Why do you care what other people do? Maxaa kaaga shan iyo toban ah? We are not a “Dying breed”....and we don’t know their exact reasoning for being with a non-Somali is so live and let live.

Kudos to anyone finds happiness outside of the “fold”.

Mr-Peace   

Originally posted by Oz:

Mr-Warmonger,

You have raised a very good issue, one that needs to be addressed. Although personally I cannot stop our Somali sisters from marrying outsiders, I fail to see why they do not seek Somali men. There is nothing with us. Calling them desperate probably isn't right. In my eyes, they are not, Somalified. They want to bring half-bloods to the world.

quote:

The level of low self esteem in this place is embarrassing, whatever happened to Somali pride?

I agree.

It seems like I am the only person who agrees with you. By the way, I wouldn't put the blame on Somali men for the reckless choices of spouses of our girls. We shouldn't consider them as our girls, but their girls!
I think most men would agree, just may not wish to voice their opinion here incase of being insulted and labelled.

Abtigiis   

^ No,you don't understand. Rag baa jira meesha u soo shukaansi tagay oo is gadaya! Saas ula soco. Gabdahaa la iska dhaadhicinayaa!!

Ibtisam

Should I go in detail why big balls are needed or why brave heart and the other. I think, under the circumstances, it is quite specific not general. :D

Ducaysane

I hope you haven't inadvertently exposed your prey!

Anyway, you and me waynu is ognayhay. ALl the things you say in the PM I will reveal if you don't stop pretending. :D

Abtigiis   

A lot of things. Kind, generous, understanding, clean. But he will still be incomplete without the Balls package. I mean literally.

EDIT- Looooooooooooooooooooooooooool@ hoos aan iskala socono dee! Waan kugu dhawaaqaye raali noqo. Kolkol baan suufi ahay. :D:D