Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Peace

Somali-African marriages

Mr-Peace   

Originally posted by Mr. Gello:

not my somali sista. I wont let me daughters marry even outside their own tribe let alone blacks and JMs!

way to speak the truth my friend.

Mr-Peace   

Originally posted by Alfa:

Alla meeshu qosol badanaa. Wareerka aduunka dheh waa la isku wareersan yahay. Mideeda kale hablaha soomalidu maxay un is-difaac ugu jiraan intii aay arrinka si kale oo
is-difaaca
un ahayn kaliya maay kiiskooda ku xalisadaan. Waxaan amin sanahay in aay kari karaan taasi haddii aay dabada muska kala soo bixi lahaayeen. Mr. Peace khalad ama saxba si hagaagsan (koleey wuu dhaama dadka is hayeen) ayuu kiiskiisa u difaacay una challenge gareeyey hablaha.

sxb, they know I'm telling the truth, just difficult to handle.

Aaliyyah   

^^Mr peace learn to respect other people's choices.If a sister wants to marry black/indian/white it is none of your business but hers alone. So stay out of other people's lives...or maybe you have too much time in your hands...

Mr-Peace   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

^^Mr peace learn to respect other people's choices.

I respect other people's choices, doesn't mean I have to agree with them and accept them.

Aaliyyah   

you don't have to agree and am not imposing you to agree with them....rather respect and refrain from name calling??...you are not respecting them when you are calling them desperate? you would be amazed at how some sisters who married converts live? how happy they are? how their husbands respect them and what not...so race has nothing to do with anything..you need to keep that in ur mind. Be more open minded and judge ppl individually without considering their race.

Mr-Peace   

aaliyah

Those muslim converts can find muslim converts of their own race, there are many of them. My only point was that inter cultural relationships should not be encouraged, of course people will do what they feel like doing and we can't control every individual but let's make sure those xalimo's who do go for other races are in the minority.

Maybe, calling them desperate was not right . I take that back, but everything else I said still remains to be true. Culture is vital to human existance, it's what distinguishes, it's what makes us unique as humans and we are encouraged as muslims to preserve and cherish our cultures or else we would not be made of different races, culture etc.

Aaliyyah   

^Culture is important to some extent and there's nothing wrong with preserving your culture. However, if you marry outside your race that doesn't mean you still can't have your culture. You could still keep your somali culture and pass it to your kids. However, the most important thing is teaching your kids Islam and alhmadulilah from what I noticed converts practice their religion much better than us who born for muslim families. And, those sisters who choose to marry converts have my full support, and i disagree with your comment of discouraging ppl from marrying outside their race. I think you should rather encourage your sisters or even brothers to choose a religious spouse regardless of race, he/she could even be Somali...just don't emphasize more on the race than the religious practices.

------------------------

Treasure every moment that you have! Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present!!

Mr-Peace   

Aaliyah

You're a smart girl, but a little misguided. I cannot blame you for your misguided views, it's the western environment you grew up in. Religion is a significant part of culture, you can't separate the two.

Aaliyyah   

let's just agree to disagree walaalo...

------------------------

Treasure every moment that you have! Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present!!

Aaliyyah   

what makes life interesting is the fact that people see things differently. Otherwise, life would be dull!!..

------------------------

Mr-Peace   

Well I suppose that's true.But also, by the same token if we all racially and culturally mixed, life would be dull and there would be no uniqueness. This topic has been exhausted anyways, so let's leave it there.

personally nothing but an uunsi ka soo carfin .. garays wearin ..canjeero dubin xalimo will do for me.

whatever rocks your boat i guess.