Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Horror of Mutilated Boys

nuune   

waa ogahay inuu xun yahay FGM laakiin maxaan sameeyaa sow baranbarada ka geli mayso hadii kele . . . .

lool@ jaceylbaro, sxb laakin aniga laftirkeyga mid baa ayaan igu tiri sidan oo kale, balse wey ka yara duwaneed oo waxay igu tiri "haddaan gabadheeda toorri la dhicin soo alla qaad juffanto igama noqonayso" marka sxb wax yaalahaas oo kale wey ku hadlaan dumarka dhalay gabdhaha.

Tuujiye   

nuune iyo jacelbaro kaalay..maxaa idinka ugala sheykey saneysaan Islaamaha waxaas?....war ileen balaayo..anagaa wax aragnay...

wareer badanaa!!

Pucca   

is the sunni way permitted? i personaly think no one has any right goin into a lil girl's business and deformin it, whether it be a big change or not . But i was talkin to my aunt bout me goin back to ethiopia this year, and she said how her little daughter would be goin with me too, and for what? to get the sunni way done to her!! the sunni? well her definition was " just a lil spot will be removed..nothin big" :eek:

nothing big? ya ilaahi help us!

anyway, is there are some hadeeth allowing this? or is it one of them "culture" things?

**perhaps i should cancel the trip all together**

NGONGE   

If like me, you’ve just started to read this thread, don’t waste your time reading every post. My summary below tells you all you need to know.

Heh. It’s funny how these threads change course halfway!

I clicked on this thread to find out about the “horror†mentioned in the title. As you already know, when someone clicks on a thread, it takes you to the last comment posted. I read DA’s “Please Do†post, then read the one above it about little girls and FGM, I was still trying to work out where the horror lay. I carried on upwards with the private conversations of nuune and co. Still no mention of the boys!

I clicked on the previous page. Still nothing! I carried on reading. Saw some girls complaining about FGM, could it be that the girls, in a moment of despair and anger at the hideous practise of FGM, decided to retaliate and chop off some poor boys’ bits? :eek:

This idiotic and implausible thought drove me to read the rest of this thread and sustained me through the boring bits. Where is the horror (apart from the usual boy-girl-fight)?

I decided to start from the beginning. Aha! Should have done this earlier really. Some little boys in a far of land got abducted and mutilated by alleged witch doctors? Hmmm, sad story. Hope the culprits are caught. Nothing to see here really. Move on.

I carried on reading the thread, somebody was trying to awkwardly highjack it and focus on a problem closer to our hearts! Their strong feelings and opinions on the topic of FGM got the better of them and their words. Their words appeared to imply that the pain of these mutilated boys was minimal and negligible when compared to the pain of FGM; I started navel gazing for a second.

I carried on reading. An argument on who suffers the most pain ensued! I continued to read while chuckling to myself. This was going to be one of our usual emotional pillow fights. It was. In between the rants and hissy fits, someone posted some good information on the curse that is FGM.

Some of the men refused to be blamed for this bad practise and put the blame entirely on the shoulders of women. Some of the women refused to be blamed for it either and appeared to kick the blame back in the men’s direction! The game of ping-pong continued. My chuckling continued.

This thread looks like it will carry on in this vain for a while to come.

Now, new reader, you have two choices:

Are you going to talk about FGM and all the problems associated with it?

Or

Are you going to defend your gender and shift the blame?

I personally would like to hear more about FGM (my gender don’t bother me that much). :D

NGONGE   

^^^ You should know by now that I only deal with things in relation to ME. If I am not in the centre of it all then they don’t concern ME. After all, everything I write is about MY point of view. You could talk about ME. You could criticise ME. But I will talk about ME more and I will criticise ME more. I hope you liked MY summary. If you think it’s not accurate, tell ME and I will try to correct it.

I remain, sincerely, your respectful self-centred narcissist :D

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

What is becoming of the SOL ? Honestly , Im tired of seeing every topic turned into a battle between genders specially the women and general sections of the SOL. Nobody can talk anymore about any sensitive issue without pointing the fingers to each other.

Back to the topic ,chopping off boys or girls is a crime and I truly believe men and women should be educated first.Lack of knowledge can be deadly.

Dalni   

^^^ Bambina lol I think going off-topic has become the new trend! smile.gif

Even the entirety of this section is now called: Off-Topic :D .

NGONGE   

Now that we have an off-topic forum, I assume most “chitchats†and ill-thought posts will be found in this section! Where would that leave the spin-doctors in the political section? Where would that leave me? (For those raising an eyebrow just about now, read my post above).

Still, it’s an ingenious idea to “organise†our random thoughts.

See you in five hours, I’m off to bed now (wouldn’t have told you that bit of info if we were not off topic). :D

I have created a monster. :D

LOZ, in the extreme cases of FGM(15% of African ones) the FGM is tantamount to chopping off. I don't see many gasps from blokes when it comes to that. That was my point. Most guys pays lip service to the cruelty of this crime but do they know what it's really like? We rarely mention the physical and psychological consequences but go on and on about how wrong it is. Grim detail, that's what we need to shake us out of our monotonous responses.

Topics go off course all the time. Is it acceptable as long as we're being facetious? OK, here goes..

What I'm curious about is this business of moon-walking through posts. Evil. What drives a man to this?

Originally posted by iskey_baro:

maxaan ka sugaa musuwurkaas?

Iskey_baro,

Xabiibti wax musawir ahi kuma jiraaan at all,, waa sheeko keli ah.

waa maqaal lagu soo qoray wargeys oo arrinkan ka warramaya.