Sign in to follow this  
IL CAPO

HE PROMISED TO MARRY ME.

IL CAPO   

Sidai - A pregnant Nigerian teenager will appear before an Islamic court on Wednesday to plead for her life after she was convicted of adultery and sentenced to be stoned to death.

"I swear by the Holy Koran I never slept with any man but Dauda and He promised to marry me," a terrified 18-year-old Hajara Ibrahim said, choking back tears running down her cheeks scarred with Fulani tribal marks.

Hajara is the latest young woman to be swept up into northern Nigeria's stumbling five-year-old attempt gradually to replace the vast region's poorly administered secular criminal justice system with Islam's strict Sharia law.

Nobody has yet been stoned, but dozens have been sentenced to death, and in Hajara's native Bauchi State alone five men and women convicted of various sexual offences are waiting for a chance to appeal their punishment.

Marriage was never consummated:

Hajara's case has been taken up by human rights lawyers and she has plausible grounds for appeal since her marriage was never consummated, her relationship with her boyfriend Dauda ought not to be considered adultery.

The appeal has given Hajara more hope, but the tears still flowed as she told how she came to lose her husband and her boyfriend and end up back home, seven months pregnant and with a death sentence over her head.

She was promised to a man in a city two states and 220km away, but instead fell for a local boy, Dauda Sani.

"I was married to a man in Lafia, but before I moved into his house Dauda came with the promise to marry me which made me insist on dissolving the marriage," Ibrahim said, dabbing her eyes with the edge of her veil.

"After he promised to marry me, I submitted myself to him and this is the result," she explained, patting her womb, the heavy bulge clear through her modest robe because of her short stature.

It could be the sad story of an unexpected teenage pregnancy anywhere in the world, but in northern Nigeria the sequence of events is crucial.

Conviction of fornication is better:

If the court decides that Hajara had been married to the man from Lafia before she had sex with Dauda - irrespective whether or not she was divorced - then she is guilty of adultery and must be stoned to death.

If, on the other hand, she can be considered an unmarried virgin then she is guilty simply of fornication and could escape with 100 lashes of a cane.

"Being married is not enough. The marriage has to be consummated before an extra-marital affair becomes adultery. That is what Islam prescribes," said Hajara's 44-year-old father, Ibrahim Auta Iman, an Arabic teacher.

Whatever Hajara's eventual fate, her former lover has nothing to fear but his conscience. When he was accused of being the father of the young woman's child Dauda denied ever having had relations with her.

P.S May the Good Lord Guide Us All Through The Right Path. Aamiin Ya Allah.

Salma   

Amiin ya rab.

God is great and merciful: If she is innocent and telling the truth its enough that Almighty Allah will support and defend her, if not in this life then the After-Life. But if she is guilty then its better to be punished in this life rather than being punished after death.

I hope that Allah forgive her and make this trial easy on her.

NO one ever pays attention to the third option: IF it is proven beyond reasonable doubt (not talking about this case...but a pregnant unwed woman) that she commited fornication...or adultry..(and was not RAPED)..SHE CAN ASK FOR FORGIVENESS...PROMISE TO CHANGE HER WAYS..and be spared the punishment.

People shouldnt be so hasty to judge or condemn.Allah is merciful and loves mercy.

***May Allah forgive me IF what I said is wrong***

I have a problem usually discussing religion with people...they usually offer their opinions rather than having concrete evidence..

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

Yes she admits she commited fornication...The Shariah Law exists for a reason and people cant hide behind flimsy exucuses.

Nacala talaaa calayk yaaa DAUDA......The unjust in this world....may alaah have his mercy on her and the baby in her womb...

Whatever Hajara's eventual fate, her former lover has nothing to fear but his conscience. When he was accused of being the father of the young woman's child Dauda denied ever having had relations with her.

asxantu

x_quizit   

As usual...a country tryin to institute full shariah with only chosen ways to apply it...example...punishing the woman while looking the other way for the man....what type of islam are they following? Thats' why im a big advocate of let ppl be judged by God, not mere humans who are not always objective and who cannot always use religion the way its suppose to....also institute their own cultural values rather than embracing ALL that islam entails..which is, punish both if found at fault, not just the one that their "shame" becomes known...

Free the poor soul..

Changed   

She was not married therefore Islamically she can be Beaten with Karbash 90 times (not sure if number is correct) but they cant put a death sentence on her Ya Allah These People R Twisted Walaahi. :eek: :eek: :eek:

ALlah Cafiyo

OG_Girl   

What I just want understand is : what they are doing is legal?

Do they have Authority to take "hodood Allah"?

Who gave them the authority? . Not every one just sit in place and put laws!!.

Before they punish, did they give protection for the poor girl and likes her?

Did they educate them or just jump to the punishment?.

What I know Allah protected human dignity and sent to us messegers , prophets and holy books to educate humanbeen before punishment.

I just scare any one read few books in masjid wants to abuse Islam and kill or punish whoever they want without enought evidentes!. Is really scares when some people say " we doing this to rule law of Allah" when they don't fully understand the Islam and human rights Allah gave the people before they ask their responsibilities!.

As far as I know the Hudood of Allah can only be applied under the Khilafah or under Hakim Adel... No thief can be punished without the khilafah, or fully Islamic Goverment.

Allaho A3lam.

Salam

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

What I just want understand is : what they are doing is legal?

Do they have Authority to take "hodood Allah"?

Who gave them the authority? . Not every one just sit in place and put laws!!.

Before they punish, did they give protection for the poor girl and likes her?

Did they educate them or just jump to the punishment?.

What I know Allah protected human dignity and sent to us messegers , prophets and holy books to educate humanbeen before punishment.

As far as I know the Hudood of Allah can only be applied under the Khilafah or under Hakim Adel... No thief can be punished without the khilafah, or fully Islamic Goverment.

Allaho A3lam.

Salam

Well said OG -Girl . . .

Simply These so-called sharia law courts (Without khalifah or Islamic Government) have no basis in Islam nor in the tradition of the Prophet(SAW). One has to wonder whether these courts were established to give Islam bad publicity or hurt the poor/defenseless muslims.

--------------------------------------------------

FF:

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

Yes she admits she commited fornication...The Shariah Law exists for a reason and people cant hide behind flimsy exucuses.

--------------------------------------------------

They have no right to punish her whether she admits it or not....

I wonder if these judges are even qualified Ulama or know anything about Islam. It is time, for Us Muslims, to stop these kind of misuse of the Islamic Sharia.

Aar maxaan ka yaabay kuwan haweeen ah . . arrinkooduba GUUR miyaaa.

Waan ku guursanaa la dheheee .. . bes wax kasta way dhiibayaan miyaa ??? Horta i guurso mala dhihi karo miyaaa ?? Mise waaba la suuxaa oo waa la is iloobaaa ???

War fiican waaaye,,, hadda hadii aan gabar ku dhaho abaayo waan ku guursanaa wax kasta way i siinaysaa sow maaha ???

WOOOOOW . . . .

^^^horta ma og tahay in ninka ka dambi badan yahay hadii uu gabar bikra u tago yacni dambigi labo jibaarkiisi aa helee.........Just thought I'd remind u

Horta walaahi inuusan booskeyga eheen inaan la murmo sharciga Allah. Waan la soconaa inuu Allah swt Kutaabkiisa ku sheegay the consequences of adultery (if she was married-stone her to death, not married - cane her 100x)

^^hadalka meesha oo'ba isku soo xiray

Allahu Aclam!

OG Moti   

It is sharii3a she admit she did the act.. how can she submit her self for a promise? Allah kariim, but if Allah satarhaa then they should consider that, just because she is bragnent doesnt mean she did the act, marriam (the blessed) had a child without a man .. would they do the same to her.. They should leave it to Allah...

but if she admit they should do sharii3a on her.. and the man if he admits... for that their sins inshaAllah will be omitted...

anyway they should wait till she give birth and till the baby grow.. and Allah kariim they might forget.. or they should force the man to marry her... inshaAllah Allah kariim .. dulm is the biggest sin and if she is in dulm Allah will safe her inshaAllah and give her ajar and jana..

peace

i dont this lady! i know what the homie is going through!namean! how many times was i accused of the same crime? so many times! but a good lawyer and dna, save my butt!!

i dont why they lie!! :confused:

NGONGE   

Yet another subject; yet another occasion for moral panic; yet another burst of emotion!

Would love to hear of the ideal conditions for Shariah law to be applied.

Would love to learn of the various approaches of different madhab’s of Islam in such cases.

Would love to know more about the Northern states of Nigeria and their autonomy from the predominantly Christian State.

Would love to find out the specifics of this case; the plea of the accused; the “excuse†of the accomplice; the reaction of the state; the comments of “human rights†organisations, etc.

Most of all, would love to know the source of this article and the leanings of its authors (a link will be gratefully appreciated).

*** Beats chest to fit in ***