Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Somalis in Somalia are the best!!

Originally posted by naden:

No she wasn't. She was proselytizing about the purity and wonders of Somalia when everyone knows the hundreds of thousands who ran with their tail between their legs know how desolate it is.

[/QB]

still brag of all shit when you don't even own a single hoori in Somalia.does feeling being in your own country without toilets the same as being in hoods and doldrums better?

If atleast you knew something about tourism..Why do they come for tourism to AFRICA...while they know there are no toilets.. smile.gifsmile.gif ..fresh air, cool beaches and rest(Why Rest?)

If only

-the free universal health care system

-top class education system

-state of the art and modern infrastructure

-economy that provides jobs, invents and innovates.

-social mobility

were yours(by your country) :D:D:D

Baashi   

Ungrateful bunch.

As much as I love Somalia I wouldn't take my family back until the normalcy returns and the law and order reigns supreme.

West has given us a lot and I for one am grateful the generousity and humanity these folks have shown us. Don't get me wrong west is far from perfect but it is way better than Somalia today. At least concede that much and don't be ungrateful bunch plz.

Somalia is a beautiful country but today it is not an ideal place to raise a family. I would love to take my kids back and show them around but it is not possible for Kismayo is not safe for me. That is sad.

Lucky you Modesty that you enjoyed your stay. Good for you.

ElPunto   

Been away for a while - so let me take a stab at a rebuttal here.

Originally posted by naden:

No she wasn't. She was proselytizing about the purity and wonders of Somalia when everyone knows the hundreds of thousands who ran with their tail between their legs know how desolate it is.

Proselytizing? Exaggeration much! She was giving her opinion on how people deal with their (sad) lot in life on the basis of their faith. Because thousands ran away from Somalia - it is a hell-hole with no redeeming points about it? Hardly. Thousands flee Mexico risking their lives to enter the US - I would hardly call Mexico a hellhole.

life here is so stress free, you see people who might not even have anything to eat but they never frown or get depressed, people here have strong faith and trust in Allah, their culture and faith is so untainted by kafirism.

What the hell is that all about? Coming from someone who probably has both the passport and the money to go for this rapturous excursion and then run back to the west. No one wants to be hungry and the looks on their faces are not peace but resignation to agony. A stress free life leads only to people being hungry, faith alone doesn't build hospitals and schools.

Your first statement is a cynical insult that illuminates nothing. Of course no one wants to hungry but the question is - when faced with that how do you deal with it? Do you persevere, remain stoic and put your faith in God and do your very best? Or do you collapse morally and commit suicide or engage in mass robbery etc? The point here is the basis of the faith in Islam and God gives Somalis sustenance that the average Westerner is unable to tap into in troubled times - unless they are a committed Christian or Jew.

it seems the ones in the west take the western individualistic culture, but the ones here masha'Allah it makes me so proud of my country

I said it earlier in the thread and I will say it again. Anyone who gets all excited about this return to the earth crap, give your kafir/western passport to someone your age in Somalia and stay there enjoying the caano geel and no one would be the wiser.

What is a 'return to earth crap'? Not quite sure what such a subjective statement really tells one. So she mentions positive aspects of somalia - she automatically has to give up her western passport and live there? This is hyperbolic nonsense. You may as well say - 'oh you don't like it here in the West because you're protesting Guantanamo Bay etc - Give up your passport and go back home'. This is BS - and this argument is moronic and generally used by bigots. It's interesting that a Somali is using the inverse of this latter argument.

At the end of the day, I think the poster was getting to an important and valid point - that no matter the physical poverty and lack of order - spirtual and moral order rooted in Islam(the latter does not appear in all areas of the country) can create personal and communal harmony that allows you to survive/learn from the inevitable difficulties and tribulations of life. This kind of moral armour is something few in the West have.

Khayr   

Posted by ThePoint:

What is a 'return to earth crap'? Not quite sure what such a subjective statement really tells one.
So she mentions positive aspects of somalia - she automatically has to give up her western passport and live there? This is hyperbolic nonsense. You may as well say - 'oh you don't like it here in the West because you're protesting Guantanamo Bay etc - Give up your passport and go back home'. This is BS - and this argument is moronic and generally used by bigots. It's interesting that a Somali is using the inverse of this latter argument.

Excellent Points!

Castro   

^ I agree and finally some substantive rebuttal. Let's see what naden has to say. This should be interesting. And please refrain from the cheerleading. Only I am allowed to do that around here. :D

Modesty, I understand that love for one's people and longing for their country can overwhelm them, but showing your love and appreciation doesn't mean you have to be ungrateful for the country that has given you freedom and opportunities not available in Somalia. It's not wise to insult and distance yourself from a country that has given you so much ---- does not matter whether it is christian or muslim country. Ungratefulness begets arrogance; and arrogance and pride are 2 faces on the same coin. Alhamdulliah, dheh and I can only hope that seeing somalia has given you appreciation for all the blessings that Allah has given you in the Western country you reside in.

Having said that, have a fantastic time and looking 4ward to the pics, inshallah.

Blessed   

Glad your enjoying yourself Modesty.. smile.gif

I agree Kooleey! For me, England has treated me better than my 'brethren' be they Somali or Saudi. London will always be my beloved but I don't like the life-style. My child deserves better.

I fail, to understand why people are being called ungrateful for wanting to be in a land that is conducive to their believe and identity or for wanting to live a better quality of life.

There's no need to get one dimesional about these things.

^ I never said that; I meant by 'ungrateful' that you don't have to disgard the blessing you have meesha joogtid. Acknowlege that too -- waa lagu xisaabaa.

[Edit] Misunderstanding cherie. :D

Castro   

Blessed, this is what the gripe is all about:

Originally posted by Modesty:

Everyone who lives in the darkness of kafir lands should visit a muslim country,............ you see people who might not even have anything to eat but they never frown or get depressed, people here have strong faith and trust in Allah, their culture and faith is so untainted by kafirism.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Kooleey:

^ I never said that; I meant by 'ungrateful' that you don't have to disgard the blessing you have meesha joogtid. Acknowlege that too -- waa lagu xisaabaa.

I wasn't directing that at you K. We posted at the same time and I've edited mine for clarity, after I've seen your post.

ScarFace   

smile.gif
No, I'm not in Mogadishu, I love my life to not go there. Most people live in houses, and we have satelite television,I watch oprah
:D
here! I mean some people in America don't even have that lol. I'm not really talking about the technological crap, but being in my native country is the best feeling.It's really peaceful here, no one even looks at you.

p.s. Yes, I will post the pictures when I develop them insha'Allah.

modesty have you noticed how opra comes on like 5 or 6 times a day. the people were saying war tan maalin walba maxay tiifiika u saarantahay. i was cracking up with laughter. somalia is our motherland and we love it... but the place is full of bad things... y*************** ************* ********* ..... walaahi i was shocked...... the people are so hungary that if you eat you have to feed them too...

modesty your dreaming gurl about no one looks at you. they stare at you like your from another planet.. :mad: :mad: people the place is not like it used to be.... :mad:

... OUR MOTHERLAND IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE.changed a lot...

oh yeah did i forget about a Estupid ciyaal suuq actually taking your life for no reason.. a little argument and ................. YOUR GONE

p.s

hope i dont offend anyone it is what i have seen with my own eyes...modesty enjoy your stay I know I DID :D:DEdit ** SCARFACE DON'T POST THIS AGAIN. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I EDITED. I DID IT FOR A REASON. STOP REPOSTING IT. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TAKE IT WITH THE ADMIN****

[ March 06, 2006, 13:08: Message edited by: Kooleey ]

Blessed   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

Everyone who lives in the darkness of kafir lands should visit a muslim country,............ you see people who might not even have anything to eat but they never frown or get depressed, people here have strong faith and trust in Allah, their culture and faith is so untainted by kafirism.

I know, love.

I agree with Naden on the fact that people (praticulary the young) sensationalize life in Somalia but never stay, it's something that I always question.

And, yet, I also agree with Modesty and The Point on the impact of faith in a persons attitude. Despite all that hardship, their faith and sanity remain in tact; I love that about our people. smile.gif

And in the great scheme of things, Allah will reward them greatly for it, insha Allah. I tend to look at things from all angles, which usually puts me on the fence. I’m just going to sit it out. *gets pop corn*

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Blessed:

quote:Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

I know, love.

I agree with Naden on the fact that people (praticulary the young) sensationalize life in Somalia but never stay, it's something that I always question.

And, yet, I also agree with Modesty and The Point on the impact of faith in a persons attitude. Despite all that hardship, they're faith and sanity remain in tact; I love that about our people. And in the great scheme of things, Allah will reward them greatly for it, insha Allah. I tend to look at things from all angles, which usually puts me on the fence, so I’m just going to sit it out. *gets pop corn*
I DEFINITELY don't think life is sensational in Somalia!!!!!!!!! But I refuse to take as credible arguments that it is an irredeemible hellhole etc etc. The biggest strength Somalis have going for themselves is Islam. And the reference by Modesty to that strength is something I can fully understand. That said - I will not be relocating to Somalia anytime soon. icon_razz.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

And the reference by Modesty to that strength is something I can fully understand.
That said - I will not be relocating to Somalia anytime soon.
icon_razz.gif

I see that you got your nice little disclaimer at the end. But only after huffing and puffing for a bit. That's cool. We're all on the same page but not the same paragraphs. Blessed got it right. Naden is just angry and I didn't think anyone could be angrier than I am. That's cool too. But sister Modesty is glossing over stuff. It ain't all caano geel iyo shaax. It's death, destruction and devestation with some caano geel and shaax. That point about the passports is not racist. If you continually call the people who took you in kaafirs and lowlives, the very least you can do is not parade their passports all over the world.

I won't move to Somalia until my girls have grown up and have become independent inshaAllah. Then I'll go back to spend my last years there. I'll then help wherever I can and get me a minyar or two. :D