Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Somalis in Somalia are the best!!

Originally posted by Pi:

Originally posted by The Flipmode:

Modesty<<<<So u left Dubai??? :rolleyes: rolleyes:

Did she turn down your overly eager offer of help, Arab-boy.
:D

Cajab.. two brief questions

1. Did I request for a different offer anyways.. or was it a normal HALB(help)..Cheeky

2. What if I made a different offer..am I not eligible.. ..getting crazzzzzy ;)

Rahima   

God the forum has become so full of negativity maalmahaan :confused: .

Modesty, girlfriend enjoy your stay ;) . Have the time of your life as I did and ignore the hateful comments.

Paragon   

Good health service; top class education; an economy that provides jobs; and the lot, may be the things to which we have gained access, but who are we kidding, soo wax aan baryo gacmo-hoorsi iyo dawarsi ku helney ma ahan! Ma wax lagu faanaa, talow. I guess if one's beggar's bowl is full with pity-proceeds, he or she would one day stand erect, only to mistranslate what he/she has come to feed on.

Modesty   

smile.gif No, I'm not in Mogadishu, I love my life to not go there. Most people live in houses, and we have satelite television,I watch oprah :D here! I mean some people in America don't even have that lol. I'm not really talking about the technological crap, but being in my native country is the best feeling.It's really peaceful here, no one even looks at you.

p.s. Yes, I will post the pictures when I develop them insha'Allah.

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Not really. I think she's talking about a different type of darkness:

-The millions of babies killed every year. I think the enlightened call it abortion.

Infinitely more babies die in lands where abortion is illegal. And infinitely more abortions occur NATURALLY -- called spontaneous miscarriages. What's your point?

-rapes, homicides, and armed robbery that happen
by the second

It is true that rapes (widely under reported -- everywhere actually) occur in an unacceptable density in the West, same for homicides and armed robberies. It is also true that no culture, religion or race is impervious to pernicious outcomes of rapes, homocides and armed robberies. They're common to all humans. But here is the deal. The West has independent, functioning and competent Judicial system that punishes rapists, murderers and armed robbers. To lesser or greater degree, the same can not be said for much of the Non-Western world.

-economy that obscenely enriches the rich; The poor move upwardly into the dirt poor category.

Not entirely true. The rich always have a head start. So its not fair race from the get go. Are you familiar with Zeno's paradox (I know it's logical fallacy but for arguendo lets assume it to hold). Wealth is infinite (and relative)... the rich having a head start will always and inexorably get richer and richer. If they are competent and attentive they can stay ahead of the curve for good. The poor starting at a point further behind has the insuperable hurdle of overcoming not only the sum difference in wealth between he and the rich but also wealth concurrently accumulated by the rich while the poor was also getting richer. Of course this doens't mean the poor won't catch up to the rich, it's very possible. But it's unreasonable to expect the rich not to keep on getting richer and richer.

Having said there is unparalleled oppurtunities in the West for the poor and disenfranchised for social mobility. I know of Somalis who came to Canada 10 or 15 years ago with nothing but the clothes on their backs and now own their businesses and $300k homes. You know the best part of it all? They achieveed all that based not on their religion, status or race/clan/tribe but based on their hardwork. THAT my friend is as good as it gets!

-The trinity of drugs, alcohol, and hookers(and their pimps).

Ah! The ubiquituous Western lasciviousness and moral decadence moan. I have a deal for you. Find me a land that provides what the morally, spiritually inferior West provides me -- personal freedoms, social mobility, peace, free health care etc -- minus of course drugs, alcohol, hookers and I'll move there in a heartbeat and sing its praises. Do we have a deal?

Khalaf   

Asslaamu Alaykum,

Brothers, the sister was just informing of us about her trip and sharing her views, the least we can do is wish her a happy and safe trip instead of argue about the morality of west and east. Ill pattern, I see. Best to you abayo.

--------------------

“I testify that there is no god but Allah, Alone, Who has no partner and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger! O Allah, make me of those who return to You often in repentance and make me of those who remain clean and pure.’"

Naden   

No she wasn't. She was proselytizing about the purity and wonders of Somalia when everyone knows the hundreds of thousands who ran with their tail between their legs know how desolate it is.

life here is so stress free, you see people who might not even have anything to eat but they never frown or get depressed, people here have strong faith and trust in Allah, their culture and faith is so untainted by kafirism.

What the hell is that all about? Coming from someone who probably has both the passport and the money to go for this rapturous excursion and then run back to the west. No one wants to be hungry and the looks on their faces are not peace but resignation to agony. A stress free life leads only to people being hungry, faith alone doesn't build hospitals and schools.

it seems the ones in the west take the western individualistic culture, but the ones here masha'Allah it makes me so proud of my country

I said it earlier in the thread and I will say it again. Anyone who gets all excited about this return to the earth crap, give your kafir/western passport to someone your age in Somalia and stay there enjoying the caano geel and no one would be the wiser.

Originally posted by Abdu

lNoor:

Asslaamu Alaykum,

Brothers, the sister was just informing of us about her trip and sharing her views, the least we can do is wish her a happy and safe trip instead of argue about the morality of west and east.

Khayr   

Originally posted by naden:

No she wasn't. She was proselytizing about the purity and wonders of Somalia when everyone knows the hundreds of thousands who ran with their tail between their legs know how desolate it is.

life here is so stress free, you see people who might not even have anything to eat but they never frown or get depressed, people here have strong faith and trust in Allah, their culture and faith is so untainted by kafirism.

What the hell is that all about? Coming from someone who probably has both the passport and the money to go for this rapturous excursion and then run back to the west. No one wants to be hungry and the looks on their faces are not peace but resignation to agony. A stress free life leads only to people being hungry, faith alone doesn't build hospitals and schools.

it seems the ones in the west take the western individualistic culture, but the ones here masha'Allah it makes me so proud of my country

I said it earlier in the thread and I will say it again. Anyone who gets all excited about this return to the earth crap, give your kafir/western passport to someone your age in Somalia and stay there enjoying the caano geel and no one would be the wiser.

Originally posted by Abdu

lNoor:

[qb] Asslaamu Alaykum,

Brothers, the sister was just informing of us about her trip and sharing her views, the least we can do is wish her a happy and safe trip instead of argue about the morality of west and east.

[/quote

Somehow u remind me of Opinionated/D.A.. :D

Castro   

^ Do you, or anyone else, have anything of value to say in rebuttal to naden's poignantly truthful points? Anything?

Modesty, abaayo may you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Tell our brothers and sisters there that we've failed them and on judgement day we will pay for our apathy and impotence.

Khalaf   

Ah! The ubiquituous Western lasciviousness and moral decadence moan. I have a deal for you. Find me a land that provides what the morally, spiritually inferior West provides me -- personal freedoms, social mobility, peace, free health care etc -- minus of course drugs, alcohol, hookers and I'll move there in a heartbeat and sing its praises. Do we have a deal?

Jannah, so start preparing and ask for death. smile.gif

--------------------

“I testify that there is no god but Allah, Alone, Who has no partner and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger! O Allah, make me of those who return to You often in repentance and make me of those who remain clean and pure.’"

Naden   

Somehow u remind me of Opinionated/D.A..

Brother Khayr, go away or I will get my biff-baff :D .

Do you, or anyone else, have anything of value to say in rebuttal to naden's poignantly truthful points? Anything?

Castro, I have yet to get Khayr to provide a single rebuttal.

Katrina   

Naden, don't hold your breath. BTW, I'm betting with me, myself and I on how long you'll be around. :D Nooooo, this isn't a mafiyoso threat.

Castro   

^ LOL. Katrina, I think you need some industrial strength biif baaf yourself. :D

We need more nadens not less.

Naden   

Originally posted by Castro:

We need more nadens not less.

Thanks, Castro.

BTW, I'm betting with me, myself and I on how long you'll be around. Nooooo, this isn't a mafiyoso threat.

Katrina, I have my Raid for this thread and Mace for another thread and a whole lot of Sopranos under my wings. They can't do nothin' to me ;) .