Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Shopaholics Anonymous

Hi My name is GuinaVere and am a Shopholic..

I love to buy products for my pets....FIsh, cats, Hamsters, Parrot and my Reptiles....

I spend all my money on food and accesories for them... My Babies ;)

nafta   

Like :eek: @ GiunaVere

That's a nice selection of Pets...besides so lovely the way u introduced urself

Welcome to SOL...hope u enjoy ur stay

List of people to avoid :D :

FemmeFatale (resident psychopath of SOL)

Qac Qaac (name speaks for itself)

Garab Tuujiye (grumpy old man)

Nuune (lost in his own world)

Wiilo (Acclaimed Tom Boy)

Jacaylbaro (thinks he is ultimate loverboy and then some :rolleyes: icon_razz.gif )

:D:D

Will add some more on request

Nafta if you know whats good for you (and since your not DUMB..I assume you do) you will take back your slanderouus, hurtful words.

I know where you live..MUahahahahah *cough cough* axem axem...I really do :mad: :mad:

nafta   

^^ trust u to come up with a murder plot soon after ur exposed icon_razz.gif

u don't fool me with ur macho psycho talk sugar, i know deep down ur a kitten :D;)

^^There is nothing deep about me.. IN fact Im as shallow as a puddle.

That, my dear, makes me dangerous. FERI DANJERUS.

So IM warning you...you best be careful eh?

You dont want this "pychopath" on your back...trust me sweets :D

P.S. Yes "deep down" I am a kitten:

badkitty.jpg

Xoogsade   

Classique, I admire your unrestrained enthusiasm for books. I picked up the habit of reading as a kid seeing my father's preference and love for books. I can still see in my mind vividly images of him sitting on his bed reading with serenity for hours. I also liked to be told stories, so the natural thing for me was too seek the untiring, ever the willing obidient sources that wouldn't object or give me excuses to not tell a story or two. And only books fit that profile. It is always nice to have a good book at your disposal. I don't have too much time on my hands nowadays to read other than the required text books though I still buy books of interest and keep them in my collection.

P.S I wish I could master the Arabic like you do to widen my sources.

Salma   

Originally posted by Classique:

quote:Originally posted by Xoogsade:

I picked up the habit of reading as a kid seeing my father's preference and love for books. I can still see in my mind vividly images of him sitting on his bed reading with serenity for hours

P.S I wish I could master the Arabic like you do to widen my sources.
I wish I could master the English (like u and some fluent nomads here) to widen my sources smile.gif

It’s really great to know that you had learned this wonderful habit from your dad. “His Majesty†my beloved father still believe that reading too much spoils the eyes.

Note: Too much in my father’s dictionary means: Half an hour LOL, while in my dictionary it doesn’t exist when it comes to reading.

Another great thing in Book’s world is: The Books Discussion Groups, where you can not read books only, but review & discuss them. It’s wonderful to know the other readers’ opinions about the same book you read. If u tried them you’ll never quit :rolleyes:

I know this is not related to the Shopaholics (No hijacking for sure) but I wonder why the most of people see that the “Avid Readers/Bookworms†are freak geeks while the rest of da Maniacs/holics are not geeks.. like the Cinema Maniacs, Stamp Maniacs , Chocoholics, Shopaholics,Food Maniacs, Workaholics,Music Maniacs...etc

Thanx Xoogsade

Salam

Xoogsade   

Classique, Should you decide to form a Geek-Squad in SOL, I am your backup, or rather, will be part of that group and a follower to you ;) I am not that committed to books as you obviously are. Woow! such dedication!! Did you ever sit with discussion groups and reviewed some books with others? Or you were speaking in the abstract?

Btw, thanks but I don't write eloquently. You are too nice Sis. And you do WRITE perfect english.

As for why some consider the bookworms/avid readers to be geeks, I have no idea. May be the bookworms are doing what those who name them names have wished to do but couldn't for some reason.

P.S We haven't hijacked this thread so let us carry on Classical-Woman LOL.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

May be the bookworms are doing what those who name them names have wished to do but couldn't for some reason.

They don't have the patience to read. When we were about 12, I encouraged a friend to read a book I had just finished. She didn't see the point. I put it in her hand and said, 'Just read it'. She did and was hooked. Now all these donkeys years later, she looks at me when she has spent yet more money on a book and says, 'It's your fault!' smile.gif

Can I be the Treasurer of the Geek Club? I would love to have control of the purse strings. ;)

Hijack away.

Tuujiye   

Nafta kaalay adna oday aa iigu yeeree gabdhaha cusub oo baceesana suuqa aa iigaga xiree..xasad sanidaa xaarka hakugudhago anaheenee... :mad:

Hey since we are talking about shopping, I have bought some "sick" (in a good way for you carabs and UK pp) Basketball kaboooooooo..lol..the new TMAC..Tmac4..and the new f50's soccer boots..lol..costed lots of money but I had to have it...

wareer badanaa!!!

Kool_Kat   

I am so addicted to shopping, I am thinking of changing my name to Shopping...Seriously, it is unbelievable...Especially shoes and handbags...

Don't even get me started...They should have organizations for ppl like me, to help us with our addiction...It is serious... :confused:

**scratches her head, looks in her wallet, Friday = Payday = Shopping Time** ;)

any new addcits in the house? any recovering?

My addiction has deepened. Books are my new obsession. Also when non-Muslims ask in wonder, 'how many scarves do you have?' or stop to say, 'your scarf is nice, where did you get it' you know you're an addict. :D