Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Shopaholics Anonymous

posted by FF

sooooooooo Checkmate...what do u spend ur hard earned mulah carelessly on? I can only guess

I don't make that decision walaalo :( but thaanks for asking

asxantu

But seriously I had work experience placement at a Chapters branch...and while I was working there they decided to remove all the chairs and couches from the stores

What Chapters branch is this? I have not been to any Chapters bookstore in a month. I hope this is not the case with all the Chapters stores, because I have read many a book, and oh how many, without purchasing it. :D

OG Moti   

Easy come easy GO

nin maskiin baa soo shaqeen habeen iyo maalin, markaa baa ladhici, kadib of course shopping.. and people wonder why women like shopping, because they spend someone else's money smile.gif runtey? ;)

Allah kariim

Peace

nafta   

^^^ Only because you men havent got any use for it. :D ...Money isnt earned to sit idly in bank accounts

Laakin Shopping miyaad dhahday...OH MY GOD...My mom is considering to offer 'some' of my shoes to the salvation army :eek: ...I've bought these camouflage thingy's to cover them, that will buy me some time at least :D

OR...i mgith sell them on ebay and the profit i make would come in handy to buy some new ones... starts to dream about all the possibilities

Salma   

Me too obssessed with books. Thanx god I quit buying magazines (Good 4 me ) and I gave away all the magazines I had to my friends.

I believe Books are not a waste at all, they are good friends and precious fortune for the person.

So BooksWORMS: keep buying books and get the benefit from them.

Salam

Xoogsade   

I shop for books. I have a variety of books in my collection relating to Astronomy, Religion, Politics, History, And English. If I hear a good book being referenced on the public radio or quoted in an online source, and I like the subject, I go buy it. Mostly educational books. I read novels only at summer time when I am off from school always and even if I buy one not in summer, it sits in my small library in my bedroom untill I get to it. I bought the "Devinci Code" last year and still didn't get a chance to finish it.

I also shop for nice clothes. Nothing beats nice clothes.

Salma   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

I shop for books. I have a variety of books in my collection relating to Astronomy, Religion, Politics, History, And English. If I hear a good book being referenced on the public radio or quoted in an online source, and I like the subject, I go buy it. Mostly educational books.

Fery fery Interesting :D

You know what I love books so much, Iam so attached to them. Sometimes I feel books have souls too and they need to be handled with care and respect. But unfortunately, most of the ppl around me are barabarians,uncivilised and criminals when it comes to Books :mad:

And my best places are the Libraries and bookshops. My greatest festivals are the Books Fairs and the 2nd Hand books Fairs (I'd never sold a book ever). Why Iam working in the IT Department, I have to change my job to a Librarian. My ultimate pleasure is in books

Maybe I love them more than anything. Do I have to see a shrink, nah I don't think so :D

Salam

nafta   

^^ LoL...sounds like a healthy addiction luvvie

I got a friend who works at WHsmith...it's partly a bookstore for those who are not familiar with it.

I always get freebies like free gift-coupons, books, magazines blablabla

Sooooo...people place your orders...PP starts at £200 icon_razz.gif:D

Salma   

Originally posted by nafta:

^^ LoL...sounds like a healthy addiction luvvie

like free gift-coupons, books, magazines blablabla

Sooooo...people place your orders...PP starts at £200
icon_razz.gif:D

^^^ Temptation, wayo walalo wayo??!! :(

Posted by Mutakalim:

What Chapters branch is this? I have not been to any Chapters bookstore in a month. I hope this is not the case with all the Chapters stores, because I have read many a book, and oh how many, without purchasing it.

The Burnaby, BC branch. Dont worry too much Mutakalim...you can still read ur books in comfort. :D

Since they removed all the chairs and couches from the store...people have come up with interesting ways of continuing to rip off the store. Theyd sit on the floor, lean against th shelves, squat down for hours until they finish the book.

SO now, the store has their employees make rounds of the store, telling people to get up. LOL.

Books? Bah Humbug! :rolleyes: . I like reading magazines n newspapers but dont go out of my way to get them.

I spend money on services - cinemas, eating out (major buck here :( .. and unfortunately I've nothing to show for it - skinny as a pole),trips. I buy clothes and accessories too.

Curly   

I love wasting my money on clothes! Who doesn’t but I thought I’d tell you all about a new shop thats opened, attached to the new section of the East London Mosque. It’s called ‘Arabian Nights’ and that shop is to die for!

The only problem is none of their cabya fit me because I’m too tall apparently, Ha! what a joke… I’m only 5ft7! It’s funny because I don’t go around wearing them all the time but I just adore them.

However, their scarves are just so lovely! The woman who owns the shop is just so friendly and she assured me they get some nice ones in for my height, inshallah.

But I spent most of the time just admiring the shop, pity the decor is not for sale, I just loved those little trinkets. smile.gif

Bess.   

im assuming all these book stores are located in europe.....lol.....the place to buy books in the us...is the good old barnes and noble....its also a great coffee shop.....although the best places are the out of the way small book stores ...u find the best books there...they might be used...but they are well preserved.... :D:D ....and u meet the most strange and funny ppl in those places.... ;)