Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

A bridge that will link up two continents!

NGONGE   

^^^ I see you're still digging, son. Tell me when you're done so that I can ask you again if $1.000.0000.000 is a dollar or a billion in America. :D

Now, now, don't jump in straight away like you always do. This is your last chance to really think the matter over and give me a final answer. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ I see you're still digging, son. Tell me when you're done so that I can ask you again if
$1.000.0000.000
is a dollar or a billion in America.
:D

Now, now, don't jump in straight away like you always do. This is your last chance to really think the matter over and give me a final answer.

You've got one too many zeros there buddy.

STOIC   

Remember stoic:

1.000.000.000 = 1000 millions = 1 billion

BTW would you mind sharing with the gallery here what is on discussion?

I hardly doubt it, that you're even aware or alert enough what is being discussed here and I don't mean it in a bad way, but you're not in my league.

p.s. take your comic depiction to where they belong to e.g. to the dustbin of history. Don't be mad at me.

Maybe I was slow when kids of my age were learning how to decode words, comprehend sentences and make infrences about what paragraphs mean.From every line there peers out at me the mischievous face of a gifted son of the world.Would you kindly MR. Yonis help me read about dots and commas on a number? You surely seem to be basking in your own grandiose dreams.And here I thought every creature that crawled on this earth has brain.

PS Would you help me how to write this in numbers MR Smarty, Nine Billion twenty million eight hundred forty- four thousand eight hundred four :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^

It's the effect of being in the presence of a mastermind like MK that makes me commit such silly mistakes.

In your snickerish laughter, I sense a duel of equality, a man who stands up to the legendary 'NGONGE'. I think he is pushing your shakesperean vernacular, which to me means, NGONGE IS FEELING THE HEAT. :D Using laymen terms is being pushed upto crazy oxfordian english. MKA YOONIS is scary, VERY SCARY. icon_razz.gif

$1,000,000,000.00 is a billion dollars in the English speaking world and is the standard international currency format.

$1.000.000.000,00 is a billion dollars in Germany and some other EU members

$1 000 000 000,00 is a billion dollars in France and some other EU members

How do I know? Click on Control Panel>> Regional & Language option icon. :D

The posts of Ngonge get lamer and lamer every time he goes on. I provided the gallery with conclusive evidence in the table and example I posted, but that didn’t deter him pursuing the shallow cause he has dedicated to himself.

I provide conclusive evidence and taught him that in financial and money terms the following $1.000.000.000,00 indeed means a billion US-Dollars. However he wants us to believe that the depicted sum and amount is a mere $1.00 Dollar.

I also taught the gallery that the majority of Europe (as can be seen from the two table below) such as France, Italy and Germany a billion has 12 zeros and it is indeed represented and depicted as the following:

1.000.000.000.000,00 or in French format 1 000 000 000 000,00 (they use a comma to depict the decimal and use it as a decimal separator) which is legitimate and perfectly valid according to International system (SI). They use the Chuquet-Peletier system know as the long-scale, where as in the US and in the UK (only from the sixties onwards) they use the short-scale system, where a billion only has 9 zeros. That is another undeniable fact.

The table below compares some real and artificial numeral systems with superbases 1000 and 1000000.

*First table has been removed for convenience and in order to make it easier for the reader as the table took up to much space, that's why I'm going to repost a link to the in my following post inshallah.

*My second table is not allowed but you can find it at: Table depicting Chuquet-Peletier long-scale numeric system in comparions to US and UK short-scale system.

We can see from the two above represented table, that they use in Europe the long-scale Peletier system, where as in the US they use the short-scale system. Britain used to have the Peletier system as well but in the sixties all changed and they converted to the US short-scale system as well, which meant that their billion was from now on represented with only 9 zeros instead of the traditional 12 zeros.

I gave in my long post conclusive evidence and real knowledge regarding that matter. However when two people are engaged in a debate, we have to establish what actually is on contention and what people are really arguing about.

We can see from Ngonge’s posts that he has nothing on me and that he couldn’t raise up to the challenge I provided him with because he didn’t refute anything I said, whereas I have pointed out quite rightly his ludicrous and absurd claim of $1.000.000.000,00 meaning a mere $1.00 US dollar.

I said that in financial and money terms $1.000.000.000,00 can be used to depict a billion US dollars and I brought evidence and examples of its use as well. But Ngonge couldn’t challenge any of my posts, except for asking self-explanatory questions that aren’t even on contention, I believe someone is feeling the heat.

Furthermore he said in one of his posts that my long post known as the ‘One billion demolition’, was a mere ‘drivel’ but he goes on to say that it agreed with it in its entirety. Can you see the contradiction? He’s saying one time that it was ‘drivel’ and at the same time that ‘it agrees with his stance’. Either he doesn’t know what the word ‘drivel’ is means or he confuses my scientific arguing with his drivel, the call is yours.

I also said in my long post that:

1.000.000.000 = 1000 millions = 1 billion

And that:

1.000.000.000,00 indeed means One billion US dollars and that is what I said in my first post and all along. One billion US = 1,000,000,000 = 1.000.000.000 essentially has the same meaning and amount, but Ngonge disputes that as it is for him a mere one US dollar.

I also said:

1. There are four ways in which sums can be depicted in different writing styles in financial terms. One can use a dot or even a comma to use as a decimal separator.

For example in financial terms the following have the same meaning and amount:

1.$1.250.000.000,00 (as written in the table indeed means one billion and two-hundred and fifty millions or 1.25 billion)! Can also be written 1.250.000.000

However

2. 1,250,000,000.00 also means the same as the above. Can also be written 1,250,000,000

3. 1 250 000 000,00 also means the same as the above.

4. 1 250 000 000.00 also means the same as the above.

All the figures/sums/amounts above are ‘billions'. But the brother still maintains the following and I quote:

But Ngonge still maintains:

Originally by Ngonge: Northerner was correct in asking you if what you wrote meant $1.00 (note the place of the radix point).

And I wrote:

‘Ha ha, don’t make me laugh adeer. Now would you be kind enough to tell the gallery here that the amount traded at the Luxembourg stock exchange of 1.250.000.000,00 is indeed anything else than a billion as you like us to believe and so whole-heartedly and foolishly believe and claim?

And please don’t hide again or try to divert the issue.

You’ve been found out to be quite a comical charlatan that talked of things that he didn’t know about. Although I gave him a helping hand but still he maintains in his latest posts the same lameness and I can see him getting even more desperate and lamer as he goes on.

I gave him concrete evidence but unfortunately for him he could not deal with it very effectively or no-where near enough my satisfaction.

1.000.000.000,00 indeed means One billion US dollars and that what I said in my first post and all along. One billion US = 1,000,000,000 = 1.000.000.000 essentially has the same meaning and amount, but Ngonge disputes that as it is for him a mere one US dollar.’

No one can help Ngonge here, he’s stranded and beyond help, so I kindly ask the gallery to accept that fact. I highlighted many things and how sums/amounts are depicted in different countries and how the comma’s and decimal points are used interchangeably and that both are legitimate in their own rights as decimal separators.

However Ngonge still goes on and wants us to believe that $1.000.000.000,00 is a mere $1.00 US-Dollar. My depiction of 1.000.000.000,00 was right to suggest that it was a billion dollars and his arguments were all sadly in vain. He was saying that the comma cannot be used as a decimal separator but I caught him out and destroyed him on that as well! It made him veer and there was simply no where in my posts, where common and poor Ngonge could take a grasp or challenge, he was simply out-manoeuvred and soon he was challenging my authority and good judgement without real afford to counter my posts as could be seen and observed from his half-hearted posts of late. I kindly ask the gallery to show me where he raised anything that he disagreed with me in my posts, simply there’s none. Ngonge has been outplayed and out-smarted by MKA.

Evidence is that he did not raise anything in my posts which he disagreed with and showed the gallery with conclusive evidence that it was wrong with sufficient explanation and commentary. All he did was take a quote with no commentary. Furthermore he said in one of his posts, that mine long post was drivel and at the same time as well that it agreed with him, simply no room for him to oppose me in anything I wrote or said.

But on the other hand, I raised many things he said and countered, challenged and refuted them with sufficient and efficient evidence and showed him the way, which left him speechless and to look for an exist door. It’s simple, the tide has turned and it is in favour of MKA.

If you don’t like it then tough join Ngonge and company. MKA is the new champ and Sol’s most competent, able and eloquent debater, no wonder why some people are feeling the heat.

In conclusion to this momentous and victorious post I’d like for NG to answer me two questions (atleast if one of the question is answered the second would become ‘self-answerable‘.)

Firstly: Was I right to say that $1.000.000.000,00 indeed means a billion US-dollars?

And secondly: Were you wrong to say that $1.000.000.000, 00 means $1.00 USD?

Undoubtedly both answers are a ‘Yes’, unless of course you want to blind yourself.

NGONGE   

My reply to both questions, son. Is: No & No :D

The drivel part in your long posts is when you veered into arguments about 9 and 12 zeros (nobody is arguing about that point but you). Here, we are all telling you that in ENGLISH speaking countries (US & UK) a dot is used to signify a decimal place.

The first tables you have provided were European tables. Again, nobody is disputing the fact that the dizzy Europeans are different here. You know, you could have saved yourself all this trouble if you only said that you were using the European system (see the way out I'm giving you here? Take it, son, take it).

ps

My hope is that you will still come back with more drivel and wriggling. :D

Pps

A $1.00 for your current thoughts ;)

Poor really poor to say the least. Now people know what I meant with the part whereby I said NG’s posts getting lamer and lamer as they go on. :D

Simply you cannot argue with anything I said but one more time I shall make you veer again and looking for an exist, in order to not embarrass yourself any further.

Didn't I tell you?

That in financial terms $1.000.000.000,00 is indeed a billion not a mere dollar as you would like us to believe. :D

And that:

In financial and money terms the following:

$1.000.000.000 = 1000 millions = 1 billion

is indeed right and applicable.

Also I informed you on the following:

1. There are four ways in which sums can be depicted in different writing styles in financial terms. One can use a dot or even a comma to use as a decimal separator.

For example in financial terms the following have the same meaning and amount:

1.$1.250.000.000,00 (as written in the table I posted earlier indeed means one billion and two-hundred and fifty millions or 1.25 billion)! Can also be written 1.250.000.000

However

2. 1,250,000,000.00 also means the same as the above. Can also be written 1,250,000,000

3. 1 250 000 000,00 also means the same as the above.

4. 1 250 000 000.00 also means the same as the above.

All the figures/sums/amounts above are ‘billions'. But the brother still maintains the ludicrous and laughable claim that no one else entertains in here.

I told him that in financial and money terms $1.000.000.000,00 indeed means a Billion USD, but he still insists on his laughable claim of it meaning a mere $1.00 USD, which he amusingly still wants to pursue and acknowledge and pass on as some kind of 'fact' to us, although it has been dismissed by me on many occasions with concrete and efficient evidence.

Instead of pursuing a lost cause that is really absurd and ludicrous, he should have tried a couple of face-saving exercises, that will not certainly get him out of the water that is up to his neck and increasingly in danger of him drowning in it but to pursue a graceful and quiet exit, that would at least allow him to show his face around here again. And I was willing to grant him that graceful exit. However NG did not take it to his own downfall and lost of face.

Yours is a foolish claim adeer and I told you that on many times but still you want to pursue your shallow cause.

Let's see my conduct and yours in this thread, shall we? I provided you with conclusive and concrete evidence and argued quite eloquently my viewpoint across to you and I also caught you out on a few things that you said and which I disagreed with you, however you didn't raise anything nor did you argue efficiently nor bring conclusive evidence, which shows that in the first place you didn't know what you were talking about.

I told you that the comma and dot are both equal, valid and legitimate to use as a decimal separator however you still embarrassingly deny it.

I also taught you that in Europe they use the long-scale Peletier system in which a billion has 12 zeros and that the UK has switched from the Peletier system to the short-scale US system sometime in the sixties, just look on how many fronts I have schooled and educated you in. Can you deny that? No is the answer.

Furthermore I caught you out on two points. Firstly that a dot and comma are equal as decimal separators and that there's nothing wrong in depicting a comma as decimal separators according to International system (SI).

Furthermore I disagreed with the mother of all ludicrous claims in which you absurdly said that $1.000.000.000 or $1.000.000.000,00 means a mere 1.00 US-currency.

I've brought you a table in which sums/amounts of billions were depicted and also I provided you with a UK-Technology trading website that depicted a $1 billion USD in the following format: $1.000.000.000.

So my question to you was in financial and money terms, Can you say that $1.000.000.000,00 means a mere $1.00 USD? You answered in the positive which further highlights your sheer ignorance or stubbornness to acknowledge when someone has shown you that you erred and thus have been put right. Simply your ego couldn't take it and that I have to take into account as well.

You didn't have nothing one me that's why you could not disagree or challenge anything I said in my earlier posts, which just shows how stranded you're. Give it up brother you have lost it.

So you still disagree with Dukascopy who said in their commission page the following:

'‘When client trades on the Interbank account with Dukascopy, the standard commission of USD 30 per one million USD traded is charged. Commissions are partially reimbursed based on the traders’ monthly volume.

Managed Accounts will be charged an additional 20 USD per 1 mio USD traded for accounting and compliance responsibilities.

Example: The total volume traded during the month of June equals to 2.500.000.000 (2.5 Billion), the commission will be charged as follows: 30 USD for the first 1.000.000.000 (1 billion), followed by 25 USD commissions charged for the volume between 1.000.000.000 and 2.000.000.000 (1 billion and 2 billion) and finally 20 USD per one million USD traded for the remaining 500.000.000 (500 million).’

^See in financial terms as I have told you so many times $1.000.000.000,00 indeed mean a billion USD. The reason is because of:

$1.000.000.000 = 1000 millions = $1 billion

Understand?

Remember we're talking here about financial terms and that if the depicted above is supposed to mean/represent a billion USD or a $1.00 USD as you would like us ludicrously to believe.

Also remember that we're talking in financial terms and keep in mind that a dot and comma in this sense are equal and both valid to act as decimal separators.

The argument was about if $1.000.000.000,00 indeed could be used to depict One billion USD and so far the majority in here agreed with my stance, acknowledging that I argued my point quite powerfully and coherent, which made you not to raise a single thing I said and challenge with legitimate and valid evidence and sufficient commentary.

The only thing open to your is to engage in damage limitation inshallah as it is quite clear that you’ve lost out on the debate seening from your latest reply in which you argue in total confusion and vain like 'You have provided European tables' and ‘nobody is disputing the fact that the dizzy Europeans are different here', which in your langauage means 'Help I'm lost and I think I have screwed up the debate', don't worry it's your personal way of admitting that there's something wrong and that you cannot debate with me effectively or successfully for that matter.

Adeer I should exercise some mercy with you as I can see that you're begging for some mercy in your latest post as can be observed from your first admission/confession although in your own way that you lost the debate.

You did not bring anything on the table other than 'European tables were used' and 'That nobody denies that dizzy Europeans are different'.

Why suddenly switch the spotlight to Europeans and call them 'dizzy'? Are you feeling the heat Ngonge? I really think that you burnt yourself this time around.

One last time I will leave you with the following:

You have to know that in financial terms $1.000.000.000,00 is indeed One billion USD and you cannot say so otherwise as I clearly told you that the comma and dot are both legitimate and valid actors as decimal separators, furthermore that in financial and money terms the above sum/amount is indeed a billion USD and not a mere $1.00 USD as you would like us to believe and I brought you some crucial evidence even from a UK based firm that trades in technology, which I provided you a link to its commission page which clearly showed that you erred and that indeed $1.000.000.000,00 means One billion USD.

P.s. I give you considerably more for your last post as it is the first time in which you showed us that you're indeed wounded. You cried foul of 'European tables being used' and 'That nobody denies that the 'dizzy' Europeans were different'. Furthermore I saw for the first time rejecting yourself by hiding behind 'we', doesn't that show that you're really in trouble. That’s not the Ngonge I used to know, why is he suddenly switching to ‘we’? Simple he has been feeling the weight and burden of late and thus want to push the responsibility of his own mistakes onto the crowd and take cover behind them. He is avoiding to be criticised on his own. Why put your name in disrepute, when you can pass on the responsibility of making a mistake to your mindless supporters without even them realising? Nice try Ngonge but as usual MKA has seen through the disguised façade of yours.

Also remember nobody talked about its use in particular countries but that the sum/amount depicted was $1.000.000.000,00 One billion USD and that it could be used quite legitimately and validly to express/represent a billion $USD.

So the conclusion would have to be that $1.000.000.000,00 indeed is one billion USD and not a mere $1.00 USD as you would like us foolishly to believe and that both comma and dot are legitimate, valid and quite appropriate way to use as decimal separators.

I will leave you with that and I hope inshallah that you satisfy yourself with the fact that I appreciate your latest admission of your hurtfulness and for that admission although in your own way I'm ready to deposit you with more than just a mere $1.00 USD. In fact I'm considering increasing the amount with an extra 20 cents inshallah.

Keep it up and avoid the little tongue slips that make you seem like really hurt and vulnerable. :D

NGONGE   

^^^ Are these your final words? :D

I don't want you come back later with a big reply full of drivel ;)

Just post a Yes or NO please. :D

ps

MC Xamar,

Vulgar language does not suit you at all, saaxib. :(