Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Share your thoughts

MZanzi   

I’m not sure it is.. Men can have kids and successful careers, but does that mean he’s a good father or that he’s there for his kids? Many richer couples send their children to boarding school, so for most of the year the parents don’t have to deal with their kids on a daily basis, or they hire a nanny who does the dirty work.

Behind a lot of successful men who have children is either a hard working mother, nanny or an expensive boarding school.

There’s no shame in wanting a career and children but you have to plan ahead. It’s possible for women as well as men, but you’ll be a different type of parent to the mother or father who was at home to have dinner with the kids and didn’t have to leave for the office so early that the kids are still asleep when they leave. It doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be bad mother, just a busy professional mother

Miriam1   

I love watching period dramas from every culture; British, Indian, Egyptian, Syrian etc.

your whole stance reminds me of the storyline from Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility". The Dashwood sisters depended on thier father who later died, suffered under the cruel hands of thier half brother and finally found wealthy rich husbands to "take" care of them.

Wonder what happens afterward? What if Colonel Brandon dies or even the weird Edward?

But Jane didn't worry about that, she always wanted a happy ending.

Reality sucks big time. Get a job and an education.

I'm pro sitting on my *** and painting my nails....so yupp no arguement from me:)

.........THEN again...i've gotten use to working and doing something with my time. So--personally--i'd still like to work on a part-time casual basis after marriage. However, if there's kids involved...then my family would have primary focus.

But yeah---yaaay to staying home!!

Paragon   

^ :D You might learn something.

Xalimo Sacdiyo, welcome sister. You are another fresh of breath air in this forum.

Blessed   

^LOL..Ma ila aragtaa.. they just can't help being offencive. Goodness!

Paragon,

LOL. I've been wrongly schooled, wallee. Hooyo canaan lasoo dhichi-eh bal sug!

MZanzi   

I hear more women than men talk about getting married as a goal

Ama jaamac kaso bax ama PHD wado ..GURI tirtirow ban ini wada dambeen

Offensive to whom exactly? And, what's wrong with me wanting to sit at home...and paint my nails?

I scrolled up to go re-read my post and there's no place where i stated that ths is what "all women who stay home do".....

You probably felt like getting offended...for the sake of being offended. <---NOW THIS is something you can get offended at.

Paragon   

MsDD :D It must be the summer breeze wafting under the cool shades of tranquility, which has now blown twice across the plains of my baldness! It's a good feeling, a breath of fresh air...

PS: Haddii la ii gabado xitaa anu cantuugada horaa igu filan walaal ;)

Originally posted by Afromantic GirL:

I hear more women than men talk about getting married as a goal

Ama jaamac kaso bax ama PHD wado ..GURI tirtirow ban ini wada dambeen

Afro, walaaleey ka daa gabdhaha yeey naga didan hadana 'e :D .

Blessed   

Hehhehe..: Haneefa.. dee which way shall I go.. I'm so confused. LOL.

Xalimo,

I'm talking about the general trend in this thread to bash or paint women who choose an alternative lifestyle as weirdos as offensive. A woman who works is a western, jaahil blah, blah... Housewives are lazy (painting your nails all day is), don't know their rights and a let down to to 'those great women who paved the way'.

Errm.. People make life choices on the basis of what works for their situation, why can't you just live it your way, without having to put others down?

Ibtio,

If I did, ma ciil baan qabi lahaa?