Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Share your thoughts

MZanzi   

Paragon

Feminism has over the years become so associated with values of independence, financial self-sufficiency, the wholehearted promotion of a woman’s right to work and equal pay

What if juggling a career and a family is either not desirable or, in my case, too much for you to handle? What if you need to be taken care of?

Castro   

Originally posted by Afromantic GirL:

What if juggling a career and a family is either not desirable or, in my case, too much for you to handle? What if you need to be taken care of?

You have to fulfill certain criteria to be "taken care of". Not every Xaliimo will be taken care of.

So at the risk of failing to qualify for being "taken care of", get an education and later, a job.

Ibtisam   

I don't think any one needs to be taken care of; unless you are not fully able or still a child*. :cool:

*Castro, so do you understand the difference? Or did you miss my rant on page 8? :D

MZanzi   

Castro

I suppose I'm old fashioned, still enjoying when a man holds the door for a lady and love to be a house wife.

Castro   

^^^ You could still get all of those while working. It's not one or the other.

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

*Castro, so do you understand the difference? Or did you miss my rant on page 8?
:D

Yes, but you confused yourself (and me in the process) earlier.

Paragon   

Loooooool@Castro. Illeen geed baad ku gabbaneysey adeer lol.

Afro, you are right actually. Kaftan and idle talk aside, I think the practical hardships you have mentioned need serious consideration. I guess it's up to those women who 'juggle' work and family life to come to their own conclussions. This is not about one's self being beyond the restraints of archaic gender expections, but about choices that either add to one's enjoyment or troubles of life.

Some sisters might seriously think that they must do this and that to prove a point. But that shouldn't be the case really. After all it's your life and how you choose to live it is your business. I must emphasize the men who some of the sisters quote as being in opposition to their choices, might have already, almost certainly, made their decisions to go and find brides they find suitable to marry. I am yet to see a brother sweating about these issues.

Here's how it is for (the educated average) faraxs: she who is willing gets to be the wife, and there are many sisters who are willing. No sweat at all.

PS: The strange thing is the defiant girls happen to the averagely educated Xalimos. The number of enlightened Phd holding single Xalimos I know points to something else. Little education perhaps? smile.gif

MZanzi   

***Castro I'm wondering when it became a horrible thing to be a housewife? I'm wondering why we aren't applauded for deciding to sacrifice so that our children are raised by, you know, their parent(s)? Instead of evil day-care people?

MZanzi   

LooooooooooL Paragon somali ilbaxday maxaad ka sugeysay hade ....

PS.wali ma aragtay somali gacanta ineey wax ku cunoon ka faanaayo ..sidi chines qoryo wax kucunaayo

Paragon   

^Horta qoryaha ma is ku deyday inaad wax ku cunto marna? Dhargiba maysid! Hadaanan masas iyo rax lagu cunsiin ayaad nasiib leedahay, Afro.

The strange thing is the defiant girls happen to the averagely educated Xalimos. The number of enlightened Phd holding single Xalimos I know points to something else. Little education perhaps?

Since you had to go there, let me ask inta gabdho oo adiga taqaano or have come across who fit the "averagely educated" category, take away the inanyaasha oo "PHD" hold gareeyo, and then add that to a 1, and please share your answer markaas?

My point is that you can't possibly know more than 10-20(MAYBE A LITTLE MORE) girls who hold city college diplomas or university degree's(somalida hada), and you can't possibly know inanyaal who hold phd oo dhameyn 2-3, top maybe 5. That said, you happen to know more the average type than the phd elites, and that doesn't make a good judgement on your part ya paragon.(the numbers have to agree with u, which in this case it just isn't adding up)

Next time, I want you to try your best to think about waxa aad qoreyso before aad so hit gareeso the send button. ;)

PS:The poster tried generalizing my sisters and she didn't succeed. Adiga oo nin eh will even attempt to try, much less succeed, eee guess again sonny boy.

i guess bella wants to marry a taliban!! she just wants to sit home and grow and grow like current xalimos in the diaspora...

The other day...this xalimo want to the see a chinese doctor...true story! here is what happened... The chinese dr goes hi...waaaas yo name.. haa i am asha, she says. DR say, u 2 faat! u goaa a boy-friend?? u need a boy-friend...now.

asha came out running yelling curses on him..!