Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Domestic Violence against Men

Husband Battering

I read an article about husband battering a couple of days ago and I was a little puzzled and skeptical - I know there are some violent women but since majority of men are physically stronger than women, does the woman really beat him or does he let her?

I know that most battered men will never report for fear of ridicule or their masculinity being put to question - we do tease men whose women control them and tell lots of humourous stories and jokes on that subject. But I wonder what the real statistic for this case is.

What do u think? Does it happen in the somali community? I have a real hard time believing that.

-Lily-   

^^^LoL

Yes there are some violent men & women. I'm sure some tough Somali women exist, the type whose habar sends shivers down your spine.

Dhubad.   

Yeah, there are a lot of somali women who beat and in some cases kill their husband. There was one case happened in London where a somali women spilled a boiling water on her husband in dangering his life. So there some laba xaniinyood women out there.!

Cara.   

A man hits his wife: Battering

A woman hits her husband: Cute

icon_razz.gif

Seriously, I think violence is violence, and most of it doesn't have to do with physical strength. Intimidation and terror tactics can get you a long way.

-Lily-   

Cara sounds too knowledgable.

I don't understand why people choose to stay in violent situations.

RedSea   

I think violence could be verbal abuse too, but to mentioned that there are women who are stronger than their husbands.

I think it's some women and some guys. Not all guys or women abuse their wives and husbands.

Originally posted by Cara:

A man hits his wife: Battering

A woman hits her husband: Cute

With all due respect dear Cara, that's load of codswallop. Due to my advanced age, 65, I have accrued greater knowledge and wisdom than everyone on this board. I would think that gives me the dispensation to make a tad more informed, pertinent remarks on the topic.

I'm true believer of equality of genders on top of being unabashed egalitarian, was even at the forefront of female suffrage compaigns in early 20th century. If man hitting woman is punishable offense or even worse a felony, the other way around should be the same too. Otherwise it's reverse sexism and we're back to square one: gender inequality.

A while back I broke up with my Eskimo dwelling in Igloo gf. What was I pressume from her vantage point innucuous comment touched off incontinent conniption in me. She told me she liked me for my exquisite body, culinary skills (which I'm somewhat of a connoisseur), performance in bed etc... not for my brains, personality, sense of humour and all the that touchy-feely shid. Needless to say I was outraged, fuming at her insensitivity and lack of consideration for my tender feelings. Predictably in the spur of rage I told her to take a hike! Thus ending our brief unholy union.

I reasoned two can play the game afterall we all know women easily get chafed over similar things all the time sans even a raise of eye brow. I won't have any of it and promise to do my small part in reversing the tide of emasculation and feminization of malehood by sadistic, diabolical feminists in cahoots with Homosexuals and S. American transvestites.

My decision to ditch my insensitive, diminutive Eskimo girlfriend paid dividends in my ends. Eminently it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that not all men think with their inflatable appendage, not driven by base carnal desires and amply possess the wherewithal to make the requisite sacrifice for greater good. The emancipation of men!

Pucca   

i've heard about a woman who lived around the area awhile back who used to 'abuse' her husband. At first when i heard this i thought it was a lie but after askin my mother about the stories that were going around...she explained that the woman did infact abuse the husband, only not in the physical sense.

she had total control over him; she had him serving her and her friends food and drinks when they came over, cooking, cleaning and taking care of the children ...and at the same time working. Apprently he makes the lunch and breakfast ..changes diapers and takes kids to school and cleans before heading out to work.

sounds like a lovely husband to me...but um, i guess others see it differently.

i need a women who can abuse me! where can i find her!! hook me up!! just let her know that i dont take prisoners! its all the way fight!!

why do xalimoos just get scared of some 1 they dont even know!! anybody know why?? but then again this when u get their utmost respect!! otherwise, u get treated like a door mat!

:confused:

Maf Kees   

If a man allows his woman to smack him around and get his azz whooped by his woman, than he deserves to be smacked around and get his azz whooped.

Nura   

Greetings

No.1 Dhubad

I think your story about a Somali woman pouring hot water over her hubby sounds far fetched, I live in London and I have never heard about this. If it is true when and where did this incident take place exactly?

And as for the part about Somali women killing their husbands…again extreme. However, there are two possible explanations 1. Workings of the devil

2. he somehow brought it on himself…I say this because it is not in a woman’s nature to perform such an act….it can only be forced on her. Unfortunately as much as I hate to admit it women can be over emotional this being a good and bad thing and we are all a product of our environment. These women are only responding to everything being thrown at them…or they are completely insane.

No.2 Waterlily

Its easy explaining why someone would stay in abusive situations…two words

1. Fear

2. Weakness

Its self explanatory

No.3 Mr Red Sea

“there are women who are stronger than their husbands.â€

I just envision a fat halwa eating Somali woman standing over her skinny khat eating husband striking him with her very large wooden halwa stirring spoon.

I agree…. Our women can defiantly be a lot stronger than their husbands, mentally as well as physically.

No.4 Pucca

I agree with you…..that does sound like a lovely husband

Women have been running those duties throughout history and all of a sudden when a man employs those exact duties it is considered emotional abuse…double standards or what.

^^ We are not that bad or are we??? We are cool bunch. Although I have heard ( only heard) of some semi-serious situations ( like a pair of dacas flying across the room). Never seen anything over the board.