Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

The Art Of Cooking

Originally posted by Viking:

quote:Originally posted by Amelia:

Do the nomads consider cooking a special meal personally satisfying?

Quite satisfying. Most meals can be special, as long as you know how to get the best out of the ingredients you have.

Originally posted by Amelia:

And have you ever cooked for a special someone and what did you make?

Depends on the mood, season and/or ingredients available at the time.

- Grilled salmon, boiled potatoes, lobster sauce, veggies and a good sallad

- Trade-mark lasagne with a fusion of ingredients

- pancakes, using milk (instead of water) and a nice saucy side-dish

-
(a type of bariis isku daxkaris) with chicken and prawns

...etc etc.
So where can I find a clone of you Viking???

I cant cook will my future husband be satified with burned toast?? :D

^ LoL... You don't have much to worry about. If Amelia could learn, anybody can!

Glad to be back to cooking.

Tomorrow is going be pretty hot, from what I hear. Methinks the best way to enjoy the games and the weather would be a semi-BBQ (on the grill yacni).

Chicken Satay on skewers, greek salad, fruit cocktail and strawberry smoothies.

Should be nice I'A. Maybe I will take some pics and post them, ala Zii. :D

Originally posted by WILDCAT:

Amelia
certainly made you loose your clean mouth didn't she? That is, if you ever possesed one in the first place...

After repeated entreaties, I'm relieved and glad to say (hope?) WILDY won't plug me with her squirt gun.

phew!!!!

Was in abject fear for a while.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

....calaf-seeking ....
Guri carfoon iyo cunto macaan

One must lead a sorry existance to look forward to that calaf, I say.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

^ LoL... You don't have much to worry about. If
Amelia
could learn, anybody can!

I would be offended if my self-confidence wasn't sky-high. But it is. icon_razz.gif

The cooking bug has been cured for the time being. Too hot to cook.

quote:Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

....calaf-seeking ....
Guri carfoon iyo cunto macaan

One must lead a sorry existance to look forward to that calaf, I say.

Waligaaba, wayse ku sugi haddaad noolaato IA! Get with the program yaa Amelia, I say. icon_razz.gif

^ Well, maybe if I get it on with oday markuu kaco lafihiisu shanqadhayaan. Otherwise, his god-given limbs should do the trick.

Cara.   

^ Well, maybe if I get it on with oday markuu kaco lafihiisu shanqadhayaan.

Don't forget a dash of arsenic to season his muushaali. Clearly you'll just be after his money icon_razz.gif

Baashi   

^You mean kill the senile old fart and run all the way to the bank ala gold-digger style :D . That’s some plan!

Amelia Amelia what is this? Common dudette! You know too well that each and every cyber nick in this forum has an online persona. With over 2300 posts to your credit, your cyber persona lay bare for all to see. Oh yes! I can’t help but keep noticing a trend here :D .

To call a spade spade is not a childish. The Chinese have a saying that goes like this…to call things by their right name is half of wisdom. I tell ya what is childish. What is childish is to hear/read “women without cooking skills have shortcomings†and go ballistic. What you should have done is say I disagree and here is why. The doc-ka-yeer friends that showed up when I made that comment should have done the same.

Wildy awoowe any success with those “lower in the food chain†skipping your naval and hitting downtown all the way! Talk about trashy drama queens! Keep projecting these cyber images and rest assured the oldies will keep calling urs what it really is – TRASH. No disgracing about that.

Btw when are you gonna stop using “we are young†line. You are either adult or you are not. Ahem I’m oldy too! Kids should behave around me :D

Have a nice wkend.

Pi   

^LOL. Baashi aint gonna let the women have the final say. Looks like this will drag on for a few more pages.

Isnt old Baashi in his thirties (confession available upon request) and arent most of the "kids" in their twenties. Huge age gap, eh?

Yo, Baashi, I think you should learn a thing or two from xiinfaniin, a smart duq. He was able to smoothly make his point while sustaining the least amount of scratches. But to each his own, I guess. :D

WILDCAT   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Wildy awoowe any success with those “lower in the food chain†skipping your naval and hitting downtown all the way! Talk about trashy drama queens! Keep projecting these cyber images and rest assured the oldies will keep calling urs what it really is – TRASH. No disgracing about that.

That you resort to name-calling proves your own point against you... "trash" are we? ninka sheega ma'dhaafto... you need to cool down dude. Perhaps giving that wife some attention ( smile.gif ) might do the trick for you... you are obviously under a lot of stress... there are things you can do to improve your condition. I wish you all the best.

Zafir   

Ahura, I have been meaning to ask you, why did the above (^) lady call me fogie? Meel laiga saro maleh I am shielded with cheap metal. :mad:

Baashi   

That's very nice of you giving me some pointers :D and wishing me all the best. I'm as cool as any1 can be Wildy. No stress...none!

One thing that can improve the cyber discussion though is if you disagree with what's been said on any subject just say so without making a scene. And if u do make a scene well then just get a thick skin and get ready for a reality check.

Case closed :D

Zafir   

Ahura, Thanks for clarifying that, phew. :D

You see, Baashi is big on the woman must have cooking skills and all, I consider that completely trivial. Heck, I’ll even put on my dusty apron and cook if she doesn’t know, but I won't wash the dishes though. Anyway, what I am really big on is the clipping of the nails. I truly like, what am I saying, love getting my nails (hands and legs) clipped by no other than the woman I share bed with. All I ask is my nails to be clipped after every 5 days as appose to cooking everyday for me, which I think is absolutely ludicrous (no offence Baashi). Some might say I am tad bit unorthodox. smile.gif