Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

The Art Of Cooking

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Maruu xuurto bastii la yahay baa Amelia su'aal kadaba tuurtay; Xiin could you cook? Anything? I mean seriously
:D
Suu ye: Nope! Layma barin

LoooL..Suu ye layma barin...waaar tanoo kale...

Haddey Ameliana oran "Kaa daroo dibi dhal, anna layma barine"

Cheers

Baashi   

^Here he comes again :D That is one possible reason. The other reason could be that what old Baashi calls cyber "drama queens" have let their emotional restraint run amok. Different viewpoint beyond their narrow-minded world outlook which happened to be the case with the old geezer is simply unacceptable. Amelia is cut-above the rest of the frustrated mob. Her friends kinda lost it to the point where instructions of what to read and not to read have been posted. Talk about self-restraint

Wildy are you by any chance pulling the age card on me huh? True true that and I admit I’m oldy (how many times should I do this I wonder). What you don’t know baby child is this forum is not for the underage toddlers. This one is for adults girly girl.

Ah! How do I find time for this sort of exchanges? A husband, dad, responsible civil servant, a bread winner, a man with ambition surely don’t have time for this gibberish stuff least of all with self-declared toddler in her twenties! True dat again! The thing is I’m blessed to have a job where the deliverables constitute monthly product sometimes weekly. Alhamdulilaah I don’t have to look over my shoulders in order to surf the web. I surf while I’m at office. Rarely do I log from home madam. Envy me now!

Now who picks on who? I’m married with kids and def I’m not interested. Or that is not what you meant. If discussion with my fellow Somalis of all ages is where you’v been aiming at your sorry posts then no more comment on that score other than what I’ve already said in the above paragraph.

C’mon wildy you must be a lion in the cyber jungle I thought and look at ya now qasaaro. After all the time you have been grooming yourself as a helluva nail you have fallen too short a ah way too short from the wildy mark. Dang!

Xiinoow,

As I u can see I’m bit defensive. The target is for another more important audience (hi honey). She’s been reading ya know ;)

A husband, dad, responsible civil servant, a bread winner, a man with ambition …I’m married with kids …

This looks like an add for the desperately seeking polygamy section. Perhaps you should move over there as this is a thread about cooking.

What is this anyway? Have you been reduced to bigging yourself up at another person's expense? I can tell you it’s a very ugly quality. And so are underhanded insults in the guise of “oh shucks, I'm joking you knowâ€.

Emotional…Narrow-minded…’drama queens'...frustrated mob? Who are these people exactly? My friends? Sheh and Wildy? Others? Why don't you make it more clear? And why have you decided to target Wildy (Cyber aggressive, control freak tomboy, toddler..)? She hasn't even been around the last few years, so what’s with the personal attacks? You really should try and get rid of whatever grudge you're holding. It’s really unbecoming.

Another thing is what your job, income and marital status have to do with anything here? The ‘I am a busy man with a responsible job, income and wife’ posturing is certainly amusing, but quite unnecessary. Who asked for all this useless information? :confused: . I doubt if anybody cares about your personal life or comparing lives with insisible nicks on SOL.

There’s light humour and then there’s unprovoked, outlandish insults. If you want to use the ‘emotional’ women tact, why don’t you reread what you have posted so far? You could give any vindictive battle-ax Islaan a run for her money, I assure you.

As for a narrow-minded outlooks, why don’t you start with yours? What was again? Oh yeah…

“qallanjo with no skills in the cooking department is a half woman . Full stop, dot, and periodâ€

&

“if the lady can’t prepare an edible dish for such occasions she sure has a major shortcoming in my book.â€

Grow up, please.

*Says ‘Hello’ to the Honey* ;)

Amelia, curling water, flowing water, zamzam water, athena, kimberly, poison ivy or whatever you go by:

xishood baa kaa dhumay... gabar nin ka weyn la aflagaadameysa wili la ma'arkin... waa lagu khasaaray.

uskug foqol uskug!

Baashi   

It is very simple Amelia.

I'm not bragging and certainly not on any body's expenses. Likewise there is no personal insults in my remarks at least the way I see it.

You see I stand accused of all sorts of mishaps and these accusations stem from airing mere cyber opinion. I happened to take the stand that in the family biz least of all our kind of family environment the cooking biz is handled by the lady of the house.

I made the comments that if the mother the wife the manager of the house is incompetent in performing some of the essential choirs in the house, she has a shortcoming. Same can be said about the husband. I readily admitted that I'm guilt of this shortcoming. I stand by that comment.

The fact that I simply made such comment aroused all sort of emotional tantarums in some segment of women folk. This is not the first time this happened. It was too much for them to exercise restraint and all the hell broke loose. Doesn't bother me really but I felt their forum inputs required a response from me.

Now it is my view that the way they handled themselves fit the description I saw fit to give them. I have been careful to indicate that theirs is a cyber phenomena not personal.

Let's review one by one shall we:

1. Control freak: you and certainly wildy have shown a tendency to show your pet peeves. You like to control men in a scores. So that makes you cyber control freak No?

2. Drama Queens: you gals put a helluva show esoecially wildy in the way of picking on men Somali men in particular an exagerate their shortcomings. You pke fun at them. If some one disagrees ur take on things you literally eat them alive. All this in the cyber forum. You are full of drama hablo.

3. Tomboys: my fav wildy the tough cookie that crambles before she gets handled is case in point. She doesn't come across the screen as some1 wh have feminine qualities. She enjoys projecting the very image you mistake for insult. Let's think straight here plz.

All in all, wildy implied that I'm neglecting my manly duties and somehow hunting lil petites here on the SOL. May be she meant picking on them and engaging in arguments. Needless to say the impression is made that I'm doing something inappropriate.

I guess if fairness runs in ur blood qallanjo one someone of my stature (yes not in ur circles :D but other circles) gets pointed a finger at his direction like that one is obliged to set the record straight No?. What you think Amelia.

The irony is what you mistake for bragging and show off in my book is doing xamaali for someone just like me for the sake of survival. I prefer to own my own biz. The point I was trying to make there is that I'm not spending quality time on this gibberish. I come to the forum during the working hours.

All clear :D Now gather around cuz Cafis is in the air. Don't take it personally fellaz.

SB, are you lost, little puppy?… here is a bone, go fetch and outta my way.

Baashi,

For someone who doesn't give much credence to 'cyber' discussions/disagreements, you’re taking much to heart.

You don’t know much about any of our cyber image or what we are trying to express. Whatever you’ve conferred from our posts, are your own. Your prejudices and opinion don’t reflect on any of us, nor do we care to hear of it? Ok? I can tell you what I think of you too but it would be a waste of my time for I simply couldn’t care less. So please, spare us the tiresome insults/labelling… it’s childish.

I’ll take my leave from this …clearly this isn’t the right venue to express our views on cyber characters or vent built-up frustration of past interactions.

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

quote:Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Maruu xuurto bastii la yahay baa Amelia su'aal kadaba tuurtay; Xiin could you cook? Anything? I mean seriously
Suu ye: Nope! Layma barin

LoooL..Suu ye layma barin...waaar tanoo kale...

Haddey Ameliana oran
"Kaa daroo dibi dhal, anna layma barine"

Cheers
^^For that Xiin’s answer would readily be: in lagu baray ahayd :D ! And if she is a calaf-seeking Xalimo and lack such a home-making and critical skill she certainly needs to learn it. And General Zuuyow we know prudent Xaliimos would nod in agreement to that and start acquiring that skill. Ever heard Guri carfoon iyo cunto macaan? Adeer gabadh labadaa laga waayey maxay sheegi! Ma inay jiimka ii raacday rabtaa :D . Ibtilo, I say. What do you say yaa Generalle?

WILDCAT   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

xishood baa kaa dhumay... gabar nin ka weyn la aflagaadameysa wili la ma'arkin... waa lagu khasaaray.

uskug foqol uskug! [/QB]

*Guffaw* :eek: :eek: :eek:

Amelia certainly made you loose your clean mouth didn't she? That is, if you ever possesed one in the first place...

Since when do "bigger" men try to TRIPPLE-TEAM a young girl? Does the job really need that many "manly-men"? Has it really come to that for you guys? ...that must have been some nerve we touched... *chuckle*

Should we give out one of those apologies that you so inserely give all the time? Would that make you feel more manly, that you had won some sort of fight? A fight everyone with a reading age above 12 can see you guys had disgraced yourselves in...

Cara.   

Alrighty, then. Why am I feeling a little embarrassed?

Anyone have any more cooking tips?

Lasagna: You can skip cooking the noodles and instead make the sauce with lots of water. I find it's way less hassles that way.

Faheema.   

Sounds like a lot of nerves have been slaughtered.

SOLer have become a tad bit oversensitive nowadays. Maxaa la isla xiijinayaa "it's only words on screen" at the end of the day :confused: Have a glass of chilled Camel Milk and stop taking things so personal. :rolleyes:

Azmaya   

i am hopeless in cooking not even my tea comes out right! i admit i am spolied and have never cooked. its important to know how to cook for you and will learn for me and would cook for my baby. but he betta make me say uhhm, ohhh, ahhh, yes! namean?