Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

Out of the net

Bambina   

Sup to all of u, ma question is: would u have agreed to meet da nomads of dis site in real-life if they were in da same city as urs?Im not talkin about datin.Bye.

Bambina...

Personally, I wouldn't put myself in that kind of predicament. Do you know how many people I've chatted with that turned out to be family? I mean close family...it's scary. And that's only the people who feel open enough with you that they will give you their family name.

So the next time you plan to meet in the coffee shop ..it could just be your long-lost second adeer!

:D

shyhem   

Originally posted by Lonely:

sure if we share lots in common

How do u know if u share lots in common,unless u call religion and culture as "lots in common"

Well in that case every somali has "lots in common" with u.U still haven't clarified as to y u think u should met strangers from the net at the local hilib halal.

Hey Bambina nice name it reminds me of something but don't know what it was right now. Let see about your question...I have gotten to know a couple of great people from here who we continue to keep in touch for a year now...And i did meet one of those member actually and had a great time...There was a member here from my state who we tried to get together but our schedule never really allowed it...So those members that i have be-friended i wouldn't mind seeing them or dropping by whenever i am in their states or country...But i would recomend that you atleast know them for couple of months or even try to speak to them on the phone, before meeting them...Because it's just depends on the "vibe" or in my case "gut feelings" you get from the people...Sorry if i rambled on i just finished a chemistry exam so i am :(:(:(:( out of it....bee bye

Kool_Kat   

Well, let me start by saying I had the pleasure of meeting some of the Nomads here, and they are really great...I am even friends with some of them...

So to answer your q, I sure wouldn't mind meeting them in person...And if we have a lot in common, that's good...If not, then we'll just head our separate wayz...Ain't no big deal about that...

ZOLA   

I SURE WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME OF THE NOMADS ONEDAY...LOL@ OPINION...SIS I FEEL U ....THAT IS HOW I FEEL 2 ...AM REALLY SACRED OF MEETING PEOPLE FROM THE NET...IT'S A RISKY BUSSINESS I TELL U.....I EVEN HAVE COUSINS HERE IN SOL ..I MEAN REALLY CLOSE COUSINS THAT I HAVE NOT MET IN REAL LIFE...I DONT MIND MEETING THEM.....DONT ASK WHO THEY R .... smile.gif .

A.A

I've already met couple people from SOL....and truly I enjoyed knowing them...actually there is one of the nomads that I always hang out with...and I see no harm in meeting the person as long as you've known them for a while or @ least talked to him/her in the phone...

boycott   

The question is not a matter of nomad or proximity or even internet, when there is a 'hooked atom' between that person and you why the hell not meeting her? except girls must be more cautious.

Interesting topic, am sure something that quite alot of the nomads might thhinkink about quite often.

Well for me its not at all important to meet any of the nomads in real life. The interactions on here si enough for me.

That said i have met some nomads and the expirence wasnt bad at all.

Iffah   

Opinionated... :D I know eh.

I haven't met anyone from SOL in person yet, other than my good friend, who I've known before becoming a member here...but I just might get the nerve to go out & meet some nomads this Summer icon_razz.gif

Senora   

I dont think I would have problem with meeting someone off the internet. We're actually in a time period that has allowed us to broaden the horizons of communication. At first i thought it was weird to hear about people meeting off the internet( in a way i still do, but its not as bad anymore). I use to say that" only weird people meet other weird ppl off the internet" , but then i thought about about it, I'm not weird( LOL :D ), so there are probably people like me on the internet that i wouldn't mind meeting.....so if they seem cool, and we share some sort of virtual chemistry, then HEY!, i wouldnt mind meeting you...