Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

wHaT dO yOu GuYs ThInK oF iNtEr-RaCiAl ReLaTiOnShIpS?

LuCkY   

to Tamina: i like your quote, that is very true. and if only some of us would take the time to review what we have learned through our religion we would not stand where we are today. and our religion very well says not to judge or prejudice against any of allah's creatures, but than again some of us that stubborn or ignornant and don't want any changes.

peace

Hibaad   

For me personally i wldn't go there,But if someone else does it i don't see it as big deal as long as its a Muslim person.

khadar01   

Me personally i would prefer someone from my own country, cause i want my children to speak my mother tongue.i want my kids to communicate with my mom and grandma,you can't put prize on that,however i watch my self not to be labeled a racist, so i say if i can not have what i desire,cause it's takes long time and it's difficult to find that someone,then so be it, so i say, if you find someone you realy connect,"isfahantaan" stop pursuing what you can't have, and start reaching what you have.in that case then race should be secondary.

Poeple are worried about political correctness..lol

anyway i personally don't mind it and really don't care about it since the decision ain't mine.I guess it depends why do yu wanna marry outside your culture.Some people do it coz of genuine love, some of coz self-hatred(i hate somalis people lol", and some coz of circumstances.I think a Somali male/female should first give his kind a chance before moving on....it is only fair...that's neither racist nor an un-Islamic....as being part of community,you have an obligation to your people.

One should also consider the consequences of being married to non-somali in the west,Divorces are as common as the next starbucks or walmart.The chances of losing your kids are high.

Anyway i guess at end, it all depends on the person.

P.s could plz stop somalis are judgemental or racist crap!....every human is more or less the same, Think about it if you were a somali person marrying a white or hispanic mate, Would the family of your mate react to you?

Baashi   

I wouldn't mine who other ppl mary...marriage is always good.

If u were my sister(blood)though and come to me for advice I would say NO! don't do it! But if u r just telling me ur decision I would support u (financialy, emotionally,..100%).

But I can understand why ur close relatives would not like to see u getting involved in that type of relationship. Many parents just can't relate to other non-Somali in-laws plus the language barrier and wat not. What u think about the kids and thier grannies that cannot understand each other?

Dating = social engagement with a connataion!

Dating...negative and unnecessary! On this side of the globe Dating is not like shukaansi or akhris as we know it! It is more fun and Baashaal and all kinda qooto if u know what i mean! For Lazygirl to come out and brag about the dating as it is OK..is really very telling.... ASSIMILATION...all the the nomads who r wannabees...good luck!

Don't get me wrong just a thought!

3zma1L   

To me, understanding is a big issue. I might be understanding a foriegn Moslim gurl now, but maybe, things would not be the same later.

What if we marry each other and then, things get messed up.. and I will not be able to know the where abouts of my kids?

LuCkY   

hey nomads thanks for all of your replies. i personally brought this topic into discussion because i know some people that are in this type of situation and i thought "why not share it with the rest of the nomads here?" so basically i just wanted to get some insight and feedback from you nomads out there.(EvErYoNe Is EnTiTlEd To ThEiR oPiNiOn!) peace!!!

Mujahida   

Be Wise And Rise try to see through the hate

Lucky, I don't see anything wrong with Intermarrying different races. I personaly come from a mixed

Ancestry. I believe that being a Muslim is more important to me than anything else in me. In the End the only thing that will Stand beside me, in my lonely grave Is my faith,so how more grateful could I be if my 2 Blessed Parents Were the first Reason I even got that faith... Alhamdulilah, but brothas and Sistas the point I'm trying to make here is> My parent's are Muslims.... There is nothing wrong with Marrying a Muslim... if he be Black -white-chinese-Arab or Blue Don't worry Allah Made it Halal for u.

Marriage is considered an 'ibaadah, an act that is pleasing to Allah SWT. It is in accordance with His commandments that husbands and wives love each other and help one another to rear their children as true servants of Allah SWT & if that can be attained through 2 Muslims with 2different races the only thing that is ahead of them is Beauty and blessingz.

The halal is that which Allah has made lawful in His Book and haram is that which He has forbidden, and that concerning which He is silent He has permitted as a favour to you.

(Reported in Al-Hakim, classified as sahih (sound), and quoted by al-Bazzar).(Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah).

hope it'll be beneficial

Allah hafiz all

-KIWI   

Asalaamu calaykum

My honest opinion is no no to interracial marriages,love doesnt account for cultural differences, i have seen may marriages go down the drain due to the lack of not comprehending eachothers cultures so as far iam concern

cultural clashes will be present at all times

so to my kiwi sister i have to disagree with you

along with anyone who posses such views.

Somali with somali chinise with chinise simple formula.

IAM NOT A NARROW VIEW MINDED. :D

Gediid   

Every race on earth want a homogeneous society whether they be white, black, yellow or red and inter marriages outside your race will shunned by everyone.Don't make this sound like its a problem confined to Somalis only.ITS A UNIVERSAL THING.

Thank you.

Mujahida   

Salam

Sista Naziha hey I respect ur Opinion "Different People have different ways of seeing things Differently ;) Still plz do not over look the fact that I was speaking from my own experience & background and the fact that I was Quoting Islam! It doesn't really matter what you think or what I think " what matters is only what Islam says about this" and from what I've been taught Its right & that's what I follow, Not my somali culture or Any other history! Sista don't feel free to walk with me ;) !

Fi-amanaAllah

shyhem   

Somalia is the most homogeneous nation on earth, and i think its time some somalis tried new stuff like muslim pple from other nations.I have no problem as longer as their are not related to me.

As for Shyhem i think i'm used to a circumcised sister,no need for a white girl atleast for now,i don't date blacks or Asians.

as far as i'm concerned i never dated a non-somali

female and i never want to let alone marry and i won't lie when i say it's ok with me come on guys you know how possesive we're about our ladies i mean do u think i'm gonna believe you when you say forexample you saw this fine looking somali sister with this non-somali guy you mean you won't be bothered even an inch i think whoever says is not bothered is not telling the truth. hell yeah i'll be bothered but i won't be my nomadic best like going over to them and giving them peace of my mind :mad: and my sisters i know you feel the same way when you see a good looking somali brother with non-somali female come on let's not be hypocrites and be honest for a minute here.

anyway my somali sisters if you happen to be in relationship with non-somali i don't care wether he muslim or not please keep 'em away from our sights and when i say that it doesn't mean we disrespect you or something like that it's out of love coz you're our strongest resources and we trade our lives to make sure you remain amongst ourselves coz after all we made for each other.

i'm sorry if i sound old fashioned but atleast i'm being honest here and I LOVE MY SOMALI QUEENS to death anyone who has a problem with that HALAQO SAKIIN. icon_razz.gif

lucky you asked a nice question but i believe very few ppl gave you an honest answer anyway here is what i think.

i'm totally against it and the reason being i just can't picture a somali queen being with non-somali i mean come on let's be honest here lucky what would you do and how would you feel if you saw this very good looking brother with non-somali girl? woudln't you feel like WHAT IS HE DOING WITH THAT WHEN HE COULD HAVE THIS? i know my own NOMAD and we're possesive when it comes to our somali queens so hell yeah i'll be bothered if i see a somali lady with non-somali i don't care wether he muslim or not but i won't be at my nomadic best behaviour and go over to them and give peace of my nomadic mind but however i'll be deeply disturbed because i just simply LOVE MY SOMALI QUEENS TO DEATH and that's why i never been with non-somali before and never will be because i don't need anyother woman who would when you have TRUE QUEEN IN SOMALI HONEYZ.

if i sound old fashioned then be it but atleast i'm being honset here and i don't know how to be a hypocrite that is what i think of inter-racial relationship. IT SUXPERIOD. :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: