Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

Muslim Matching Network!!!

Sophist   

Do people graduate from college at 18 in the states?

I am just asking! 22 PHD? is that the normal age one can obtain his doctorate?

Abdinuur   

Exactly!!! I said the same thing! This illustrates your ability to accomplish all of that in a short period of time. Seriously, if you ask me, I'd say this is something extraordinary. It's easy for some folks and hard for others. It's something oo Ilaahi kusiinkaro if you ask me, and also, it all depends on the person. You can go fast or slow at your own comfortable level.

Have you heard about that one kid who had 15 degrees (not too sure, but a whole bunch)?! NOT EVEN 18 YET! And he wants to have at least 8 more Doctorate Degrees! He was in the news little while ago.

Haneefah   

PhD at 22? What state is it that you guys live by the way...cuz I might wanna do my studies there, lol. Seriously though, Masha'Allah...he must be very blessed, it usually takes ppl 5+ years to work on their thesis.

About your search, I wish I could help you more but I guess his best bet would be to become a member of any MSA...almost all of the North American Universities have one, even if the Muslim population is small...It's usually an effective way to meet Muslims.

Abdinuur   

Xiddig, it's not even about that bro. It's all about connections and what not. It's totally different concept sxb. It's easy for you to say that, but in reality, it's totally different.

Nafisa, we are all members of MSA. In fact, he's the Vice-President, and he's involved with a lot of programs on campus. But it's very small community and mostly guys and family members.

Thanks.

Please keep it coming. I hope many of you are emailing him and trying to hook him up.

Please be serious and be intentional as well. With an open-heart and open-mind, we can all contribute and actually accomplish something worthwhile. Thanks again.

Masha'allah if he has a PHD at 22!. Finding a sister that is descent is ten times harder than his education so he might as well do a little pilgrimage around the planet!.

W/Salam

C.B

P.S Did you know that rogue africans from africa tend to buy education papers?..LOL

Abdinuur   

C.B., "Did you know that rogue africans from africa tend to buy education papers?..LOL"

Where you get that from? Does that include Somalis? Anyway, if someone is trying to advance his life to something special and to something worthwhile & positive, does that make her/him rogue sxb? Think about it.

Anyway, if you're implying that my friends or anyone I know does these things, they're not. Hope that clarified things.

Rokko   

First of all it's pleasant to see a young Muslim bro doing his thing at early age..secondly, I realize you trying to help him out but I believe it would be better to have him post messages and interrelate with other members here @ SOL. Subsequently a number of Nomad might feel more comfortable and definitely welcome him..etc.

Macalin   

True sophist..that would be very helpful

Laakin Kaafi check this out, a freind of mine was telling abt this place somewhere in chicago,where the muslim/arab population is high...so am told this is how it goes...you go to a designated place(islamic community), and the gals come in,and their shoes are registered(numberd)and the guys come in and choose..later they meet!...and voila husband and wife...heres the good thing, if one spouse makes more money, he/she pays the rent...and the rest is history.

Now, what does this have to do with my bro here?..one might ask...i know the guy who told me abt ths place, and i will get morre info...pm me kaafi..and i will be able to do wats i can do(if hes willing to go there!)...

May he Find!

Abdinuur   

That's something to look into Lakkad. Thanks sxb! I'll let him know insha-Allah.

Off the topic:

I was thinking about this Muslim Match Network thing. We can expand this and design our own site and SOL and its supporters could sponsor this.

What do you guys think about this idea? Because there are millions of people who would LOVE to have this sort of connection and access.

We should look into this in the future. Could be something worthwhile!

Thanks again.