Sign in to follow this  
Zafir

Tell us, things that drive you bananas!

Zafir   

At work, at home, while you're on the road, even right here in somaliaonline. :D let it out folks, let it out.

a) I find really annoying, when some Somali dude you just ran into, starts talking to you in this weird broken a$$ English with heavy accent, even though you’re responding in Somali to every question. :mad:

b) When you go for a visit to relative house, and soon as you’re about to leave, they tell you “can you please drop off this eedo, (you never met before today) she lives on the way†and you pretend to be polite and say “sureâ€. To only find out she lives way out of way and not only that. She asks you to stop by three hilib xalaals still; inside you’re saying “the nerve†:mad:

Katrina   

Lol @ #a, I thought it was only me, glad to know it happens to others. smile.gif It drove me nuts for yrs now I just ask them, can't you speak somali? They huff puff then turn blue & green. hehe

J.Lee   

I. show offs-intellectual prostitutes that pimp their mouth in order to get a compliment from a teacher (any intelligence you have should show through your work)

II. Insecure people-those that want you to put rockets in their personality to boost their confidence (I'm not your mother.)

III. People who use ignorance as an excuse (I didn't know is not an excuse, especially when faced with the consequences: cover your tracks)

IV. Somali men that use "ma" or "breezy" instead of walaal ama abaayo (inaba caadhi mo'oho)

V. People who consider me a tomboy (get over it, I did.)

VI. My brothers (the bane of my existence)

VII. Slow drivers on the Freeway (You guys are the reason I get infractions.)

VIII. Limits (on some things :D )

IX. People in general (Some people aren't fit to draw breath walee)

X. People who pretend to be something they are not: two faced (a!sholes)

Ibtisam   

1) people who constantly speak/ write to you in Somali when they can clearly see you are having difficulties, making you say it and then give you a lecture (i have heard it all before, leave it alone)

2) Religious guys who preach you (if you are so religious you should not be talking to me, my mahram is not here)

3) guys that try and chat you up and start with "salaam" (talking about making you feel guilty)

4) Close minded people; its there way or no way

5) Old ayeeos, i can't stand them, hate them with passion

6) Somali women who act so religious but gossip and talk behind peoples back all day,

7) People who go and tell your parents they saw you (soo what i am aloud out!! and my family know i was out because i was not home, regardless of the time) :mad:

i'm gonna stop before i have a heart attack :D

b) When you go for a visit to relative house, and soon as you’re about to leave, they tell you “can you please drop off this eedo, (you never met before today) she lives on the way†and you pretend to be polite and say “sureâ€.

Loooooooool true true. Not while ago, I went to a funeral. My best friend's father died and I went to visit their house. Imagine how heart-broken my friend is and am there comforting her. I wasnt even there for 20minutes when I heard my name being chanted in the next door. Then this lady busts in and she is like Eedo am so glad u r here. come drop me off to my house I'm tired. My friend is like, Edo she just got here plz let here catch her breath and she is looking at me like "dont u dare go" but then her mother busted in and she is like, Mom she is your Edo take her :mad: . Just to find out that she lives in the other side of the town and doesnt know exactly know where :mad:

Jafarel.   

^ If ur best friend's father was a muslim, may Allah shower him with His mercy and give him the highest abode. Ameen..

and you pretend to be polite and say “sureâ€

I believe thats hypocracy....

My advise:

Speak the truth no matter how much it'll hurt...

The thing that pisses me off the most is those who defend the religion and belief things they don’t’ practice – who commit sins – the perception is wrong – but they have the right to correct yours.

People who doubletalk. Girls who seem nice, but they mistreat you for the sake of it. Hijabis who wear tight clothes – just take the hijab off if your going to show me your belly.

Parents who say your degree is worthless unless you’re an Engineer or doctor, or have something to do with computers – like computer science.

Nephissa   

My family! Dysfunctional at its worst.

I have two gangster cousins.

A junky/alchoholic 50yr old step brother.

An uncle that has been dying since 1988.

A Habaryar that is the definition of cougar (married 5 times.) I could go on.

Ya Rabbi!

If ur best friend's father was a muslim, may Allah shower him with His mercy and give him the highest abode. Ameen..

Ofcourse he was moslim. Aamiin, ya allah! What a kind heart and kind words to say! Your comforting words reminded of how decent and kind he was to us when we were little. My eyes are just swelling up walahida :( , Thank you!

------------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

My family!

For me, its my 17yr old sister. She is loud and abnoxious and her aim in life is to annoy me. As I type this, she is in the next room blasting the music.

*Stay CW...Stay...* :mad:

Geee! Yall gat issues fo real. Take a chill pill folks. Whatever ppl do (show off ,ismacnees et al) thats their bizness, beenta haa isku qufaan. Xaa iga galay?

Wanna brag? Mouth away dude. Just back it up when i ask for evidence. Wanna show off? be my guest. Let me see it.

Brown<< ismalure isma dhibe. I have no time to go bananas on someone else's issues.

Arawella   

*People who are insensitive to others feelings and who care naught but for themselves

*Somalis calling other black people “Adon†when we are all servants of Allah

*Men or women who abuse their spouse or children

*Pedophiles, killers, rapists, hypocrites and their akin

*Banks for their similar open and lunch hrs to office hrs, forcing anti-e-bankers to queue as if we have nothing better to do in our minimal lunch breaks :mad:

*Taxman, hate them with passion for milking me of my meager earnings :mad:

*People who take things to heart, learn to forgive if not forget

*Media and politicians both the devil’s shield and spear

^^Aniga iyo FaraxBrown baa isku koox ah :D .

Dadka kale layskuma shiddeeyo layskumana luro. do what you can do for them, but try to stay cool. Haddaad ka harsanweydid qax :D , i say.