Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

This I believe

The interesting bit about this discussion is that the ‘put downs’ go both ways.

Some have an issue with the overly articulate and excessive attention to vocabulary some people employ. While others have a problem with the lack of coherency in other posts.

Still, I say each to his own. I’m sure most people come here to converse with like-minded people. They shouldn’t have to upgrade or downgrade for the sake of others.

Viking   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^^
:D:D
@
when an eagle descends to mingle amongst a bunch of clucking turkeys.

Where did NGONGE's post go :confused:

NGONGE,

Perhaps it could be arranged so that a "one-liner" can contribute 118 of his 120 seconds to someone who has more to say.

Castro   

^ We have a Watergate at our hands. I believe the rationale was not to move the focus from the audio thing and into petty little side fights. It may just work.

Though this may be a case of Baashi doing the: ضربني و بكى سبقنى واشتكى

focus.

Who has recorded their first audio? The section should be ready very soon. Are you already working on your piece?

We will provide the audio upload section very soon and it will be followed by the main index site.

Baashi   

^U missed a lot. With as little as $100.00, you can read all the original exchanges in their entirety. Gossip mag has all the inside scoop...interested?

I second Lion-Teaser Jr. Focus!

How about the name of this section! Any suggestions? This I believe cannot be used for obvious reasons. What you guys think:

In their own words... or I believe in...

Well It would be interesting to have Castro deliver the first I believe in piece when the section makes its debut. I'm thinking about I believe in SOL :D ...that would be a fitting tribute to the forum! Castro awoowe can we count on you on this one :D

How about the name of this section! Any suggestions? This I believe cannot be used for obvious reasons. What you guys think

"Sideey ILatahay..."

Thank me later, and lets move on...

Bisharo, I copied it & i have it saved. Contact me smile.gif

NGONGE   

Focus indeed. Well, I suppose this is what Castro would call a 10-30.

ÙViking,

I shall not make any replies to your suggestion lest it gets misconstrued again and gets deleted. Suffice it to say, the length of the cluck is not what I question.

Enjoy.

SeeKer   

This is my I believe section.

I believe I am again at the crossroads I am all too familiar. I have no time to mince words with people because one thing I dislike more than a liar is a hypocrite. I have being a member to SOL sporadically since its birth. Each time I spend a few weeks at a time and disappear for a while because I get disappointed not to mention I begin to question people’s integrity.

This post is not about me though. This post is a stance I am taking against “moderation†on this site. Lets first off look at the meaning of this word then examine how it applies/or not apply to SOL.

Moderation is the process of eliminating or lessening extremes. It is used to ensure normality throughout the medium on which it is being conducted.

That out of the way. If we are to eliminate extremes I would expect that judgement would be utilized as a weighing scale. What judgement, pray tell, do our moderators exercise when they delete some posts and leave others alone? Aren’t you telling me that I am not smart enough to tell the difference between garbage and real content when you are denying me my right of reading all posts on an equal plane? There was once a man who said “I disapprove of what you say but, I will defend to death your right to say it.â€

We already live in a world that is already doctored and I have to live with it on a daily basis. I found a haven in this place where everyone’s opinion could be AIRED and I had the right to make the decision whether I was going to nod or shake my head at the neaderthal thought processes the person exhibited. There is no one better than the other here just by status. What sets you apart is your content and if you censor that I might as well tune to Murdoch channels and get brainwashed.

You took away my right and the rights of those posters that I love reading. Their ability to take a topic and give it their own spin even though at times they ought to be prosecuted for it. redface.gif If this is moderation what living hell is Extremisim? Probably this post will be deleted but you can’t silence the will of the people by denying them freedom of speech. It has being tried and failed.

Let me clarify freedom of speech in accordance with with US constituition.

The very purpose of the 1st amendment (Freedom of speech) is to foreclose public authority from assuming guardianship of the public mind through regulating press, speech and religion. In this field every person must be his own watchman for truth, because the forefathers did not trust any government to separate the true from the false for us.

They are many brilliant minds here who have much to contribute and youths all over log on to find out what what they say and reply in sincerity to them. Your are standing in the way ofdeveloping minds. Move or be prepared to deal with uniformity of thought and lack of originial thought.

I leave this thread with this tale from the Sunnah:

Three men are faced with an immoral man. One of them says, “I will not greet this immoral man and I will boycott him, keep away from him and not speak to him.â€

The second one says, “I will go with this immoral man, greet him and smile at him. I will invite him to my place and accept his invitation. He is just like any righteous man to me.â€

The third one says, “I hate this immoral man for his immoral actions, but I love him for his faith. I will not boycott him unless doing so is in his best interests. If there is nothing to be gained by boycotting him, and if that will only increase him in his immorality, then I will not boycott him.â€

We say that the first man is going to extremes, the second is negligent and the third is moderate.

The same applies to all other acts of worship and dealings with others. People vary between extremism, negligence and moderation

Wassalaam You be the Judge.

Ps:- I know it wasn't quite two minutes but I was boiling :D

Well, I believe whomever deleted the posts this did the right thing. This isn't like any of the other topics...the admin is trying to bring out the audio thingy idea into fruitation and it isn't nice to read a bunch of little spiteful jabs when he/she is looking for suggestions!

P.S. This back and forth complaining and justifying should be deleted too. :D

P.P.S (P.S.S.) Seeker that was very nice. Now, would you be able to say that in audio? icon_razz.gif

Baashi   

Horeey! Seeker has good points there. However, I have a hunch that editors would object this kind of call. Your segment can be classified as grievances involving moderators (volunteers by the way) and to streych it a bit taking sides on nonexistent dispute.

If you could limit your I believe to the value you place on moderation or ur experience in cyber foruming or even to freedom of speech that would be great. As it is ur piece is full of grievances with particular forum and how it's managed. The section I had in mind (I can't speak for Libaax) is not about a place where disgruntled nomads file their complaints against whoever.

Again nomads keep focusing.

Brown that's a good suggestion.

Fellaz no hard feeling aight. This is simply a cyber forum and I hope you all see it as such. Will meet again after the weekend IA.