Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

This I believe

Baashi   

Yesterday on my way home, from work, I was listening to my fav radio station... I had to stop by at the grocery store plus the commute was unusually bad, because of that I spent more time listening to NPR than I usually do. It was a long traffic jam bumper to bumper kinda deal. All things Considered the program was on and boom all of the sudden This I believe segment came on.

What's unusual about this is I've been listening to this program for quite sometime now and I have never heard this part of the program. As you can imagine I was surprised to find out that I've been missing an interesting and quite frankly authentic content programming.

I really liked this one and I thought I share it with y'all. It would be interesting move to have similar thing where SOLers do their two minutes This I believe kinda thing. It's doable ya know!

Google has an audio blogging deal where it gives away free five minutes space to audio bloggers to record their experience in blog format. Plus it's very simple to use the feature cuz all u need to do is call a number (given) and say ur piece on the phone and that's about it...ur audio file gets recorded on ur blog site automatically! Cool right! If we expand that and use that feature to log our This I believe, for our purposes, that would be totally awesome I think.

Just a thought aight!

Check it out!

Castro   

Atheer Baashi, thanks for the nice thought. I can see how interesting it would be listening to those who are social icons. As for SOL, it's bad enough I have to read the nonsense written here, must I hear it with my ears too? The nightmares will be endless, atheer.

Baashi   

^ :D I hear ya awoowe. It was just a thought. Besides I can see one or two reasons nomads might wanna listen to Castro's genuine take on America, Corporate world, Entrepenuership, etc. How about something in that nature for a change pal?

Nephissa   

Lead by example. Baashe, Where's your own "This I believe?"

Infact I started a thread similar to this, not long ago.

Here

Edited to add: For the sake of dogs, and everything that's hairy, would this dude STOP saying "ATHEER"? Geeez!

Baashi   

U have a point there. My "This I believe" piece is on the way Bishaaro but fisrt some1 preferably Admin. has to agree with adding audioblog site to SOL forum.

U see Nur or someone in that caliber (religious knowledge and the will to share that knowledge with others) can make use of this blog feature, don't you agree? It's all good runtii.

As to ur thread I haven't seen it before today but yeah this thread looks like a repeat. As to my boy Castro's Atheer line, why would that bother u if I may ask? Ahem! I have a hunch that my use of awoowe would be next.

Castro   

^ You really wanna hear what I have to say, Baashi? I'm honored and flattered. I'll give you the scoop on abortion, the politics of war, immigration, anarchy and secession in Somalia, gay rights, racism, sexism, political correctness, and last but not least, what I think of you and the rest of the nomads on SOL, individually. How about that, atheer?

Bishaaro, atheer, you've called me papi once. Surely, you can do the atheer thing, no? :D

^^^Who does not wish to hear all of that?

Baashe , I think its good call. Castro’s concern could be easily addressed by subjecting these audio-bloggs to strict administrative rules by the admin. Nur would be a good candidate for this, I agree. And who knows NGONGE’s (I have developed new fond for picking on him these days) neglected boredom thread could see the light again.

And to complete SOL’s gender symmetry, likes of Falxado, Rahima, Xirsiyo-Sahra (forgot the other name, Aerowen?), and Bishaaro and other respected sisters could be invited to contribute as well. Improved quality on the content of this site would be the net gain of it.

So I vote yes, and bring it on I say.

Baashi   

^Howdy howdy Xiin :D .

Bring them on amigo I'm sure SOLers will be delighted to hear what you have to say about all these issues in ur own words. They might disagree with ur take on some things but nevertheless they do understand that u are ur own person and have ur own views on these things.

Yeah believe it or not I'm a fan for all the folks who have strong opinions so long they understand that diversity in opinion is a good thing and without it this forum would have been a dull place to be. Now having strong opinion alone won't cut it u see. One must have the ability to articulate one's take on the issue at hand and reason his way through the whole thing persuading opponents along the way.

Speaking of articulating one's believes, This I believe segment have pple, plenty of them actually, that try very hard to voice their believes in well wahtever. I tell ya this wobbly wishy washy fella won my attention for a few minutes. However wrong he is very able man and has the potential to be persuaded if another equally able man reasons with him.

Yeah! Castro bring them on and u will find me attentive and curious throughout the presentation...

And Admin has answered that call. We will provide the platform and give the nomads a chance to "scream" at each other ... in audio that is. We will set up the section of the site and give everyone the chance to upload their files. Let us set up a deadline of 3 weeks to get the battle going.

Here is some info to guide you.

A laptop or desktop computer with an Internet connection.

Though not required, we recommend that your computer is running a recent version of Windows (Windows 2000 or newer.

A microphone.

"The built-in microphone on a laptop is a fast and cheap way to get started, but remember, you get what you pay for. A laptop mic will pick up background noise and will generally have poor sound quality. Many MP3 players now also have built-in microphones. You may want to check yours, if you have one. For a higher quality recording (or if your computer doesn't have an internal mic), get an external mic that plugs into your computer. You can buy a decent computer headset with microphone for just $20 to $30.

Sound recording software.

You can use a number of free and paid software programs to record your piece. Audacity is a popular free program for recording and editing and it's available for both Windows and Mac.

An MP3 encoder.

This software converts your piece into an MP3 file. You can use a variety of different programs. A popular free encoder is the LAME MP3 Encoder."

Castro   

^ Oh crap. LSK ain't kidding!

Libaax, do you know of any voice altering software out there? I really wouldn't want the ladies in this forum to fall for my sweet, lulling voice. I mean the repercussions are enormous for all involved.

Get ready for Castro's first unplugged session. :D

Baashi   

^ :D I won't subject my screeching voice and my heavy accent to the decent SOlers. Bishaaro I take my prev post back..u hear qallanjo...ain't kidding :D

Horeeeeeeeeey! Lion Teaser Jr is the man. How neat! This is awesome.

Take it from me Libaax SOL wil become a media power house. This feature is a just a warm up exercise for radio program for Diaspora (young English speaking) consumption...u will see sxb.

Go for it buddy...make it happen.