Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

This I believe

Sky   

What's next. Video Clips? You'll have morons sending their Jackass stunts to SOL. Worse, Somali morons, so expect gruesome footage.

YAAH! me excited! go ahead nomads, debate it, fight it out, pour it down on each other,I've got time. let the game of voice-betrayal begin! Lol some people might want to get on that voice altering software castro mentioned because trust me some will need it badly.

-----------------------------------------

Get up, up! Even the best fall down sometime

I welcome this new initiative. However I'd like to add that female's should be restricted and banned to voice their voices.

It ain't a good idea to include Women.

Could you also apply this feature into the politics section?

Castro   

^ This is really a community thing. We may be at each other's throats much of the time, but we'd all be concerned if anything happened to anyone. In that spirit, and being the vocal culture that we are, this is a natural extension to this forum. I mean, really, who wouldn't want to hear Mutakalim speak on any topic? Or Alle-ubaahne on liberal dirt bags? Or Tolstoy on Somaliland? Or Liibaan on Hockey? Or Ngonge on Lubna (and others)? Or Libaax on SOL's history and birth? Or Baashi on parenting?

You see where I'm going with this, right? It's a good thing. Of course, it will be moderated as this site is and therefore, moderators will have their work cut out for them. In addition, an upper limit of 5 minutes should be the cap on how long an audio file is. We don't really care to hear more than that, do we?

Jacpher   

Baashi, that’s such a cool idea.

Imagine signing on to SOL, downloading Castro’s take on American democracy, uploading to your iPod or Mp3 Player and listening on your bus, train or car. That’s the art of Podcasting. SOL will soon be the finest Somali podcasting site. :D No doubt other maryooley sites will follow.

It’s may be time consuming though. Record whatever you intend to say, listen to proofread or check the sound quality, save and convert to mp3 format and then upload it. Don’t you think five minutes is too much?

Yonis: Is there a reason for banning the ladies? Are you protective of their identity?

Yonis: Is there a reason for banning the ladies? Are you protective of their identity

Maya Walaal, Iam not protective of their identities but I believe that it can become a sort of "fitnah". You hear a voice that is gentle, sweet and loving and you can't help it. BTW there are lots of perverts out there, who might rejoice and then reminisce on the saved audio files. There are many with a sick heart, who will partially "own" her if a sister decide's to upload her audio file.

So I'll guess if any sister is happy to be "owned" by someone then they're welcome to upload their files.

Jacpher   

Thanks for the reply Yoonis. You have a valid point. It could become fitnah.

Falaa takhdacna bil qowli fayadmacal ladii fii qalbihii marad.

Castro   

Atheer Ducaqabe, that's it? So women can't go on the air? Can we get a second (and third) opinion on this? There's at least two SOL ladies whose voice I'd like to hear. And no, I'm not going to use it for any Fitnah. Seriously though, are there any ahadeeth or Quranic verses on this, besides the one you quoted? It's not like we're posting pictures on here. And anyone who would "get off" on just voices needs help anyway. What could we possibly do to prevent such a person from doing what they do? The web is littered with sites that cater to every fetish imaginable.

Personally, I'd like to hear Bishaaro give a weekly commentary on working in corporate America. Sort of like the Dilbert cartoons.

My god, from text to voice, this site is becoming reality, unbelievable, Im up for it, bring it on.

I hope the site won't end upbecame another Paltalk, taugher rules must be introduced if this feature is to be available, I mean proper rules, for those with no respect will not respect others and can say anything and offend anyone simply because they can get away with it.

Other than that I think is great Idea.

Muhammad   

Great Idea!!, the possibilities are limitless!

SOLer can practice on putfile.com - it is free site, you can upload video, flash, audio, and images up to 25mp

Marvellous idea. I was not tempted by it but now that I have read some of the 'lets keep women out if it' crappiola again I may just may bray down a microphone into some chauvanist ears.

AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH.

First topic chosen. U have been warned. Stay tuned.

P.S: can we swear on audio? Feeling a four-letter word coming on. :mad:

BEEP.

Castro   

^ Good to see you Sheherazade.

May be you and I can do an interview? You know, I ask you questions on why women shouldn't tape their voices and you tell me how you feel about the Kyoto protocol. How about it?

Kashafa   

15 second sample:

This I believe: It's gonna be fun matching screen-names with personalities , accents, and speaking style. Does Rudy speak the way he writes, or is it a uncureable hooked on ebonics addiction (yo,yo,yo,yo,yo,yo,yo,yo,yo) :D . Does Tolstoy really launch into a 30 min speech everytime somebody questions the wisdom of further disintegrating the(already disintegrated) Somali peoples ? and finally, is it true that Haddad(missing in action) is a cyborg robot.