Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Turkish Girl Buried Alive

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Benson and Hedges:

it is a little to simple to divide people into muslims and atheist Abtigiis & Tusbax. There should be attempts made to respect individuals and their views. and they too shouldnt insult people convictions.

agreed! let us say Muslims and non-muslims for the purpose of this forum. I also agree that as long as the latter do not engage in mockery and insults against our convictions, there is a room for constructive debate. But that doesn't mean going in cycles over issues covered million times like whether there is God or not!

Abtigiis   

Ibtisam,

For obvious tactical reasons, don't mention the supposed 'oxymoronic' statement in my earlier post. There is nothing oxymoronic about it for the kind of Islam ina-Cabdi Godane practices is radically different than the one I want to live with. Laakin, hadda inoo kaadi, wax waxaasba ka weynbaa meesha yaale.

Wixiiba waxba ka majiraan niman leh baan ishaynee, Taliban-philosophy'gan aragtida gaaban ma difaaci karee wax yar ka yar gabo! cakku iyo Haween! :D:D

Ibtisam   

I don't believe in tactical reason, here you are making concessions that are not yours to make! But as you were, wa bila cakku ya haween> opening doors you cannot close there!. I will leave you to it in any case, although I would always say Speak the truth and shame the devil.

Abtigiis   

Mahadsanid Ibti. The militant Islam is what brings shame to our great religion. And what these atheists use to attack it. We need to make that distinction and you all know I am not a supporter of stonning. I am trying to show that this is a minority group that Muslims are fighting to defeat and their actions should not be taken as representative of Islam nor the opinions of the majority of muslims in this world.

All faiths have such fringe groups and it was not Osama but Pat Robertson who said the Haitians are devil's partners!

NG- there is no own goal. The argument is consisent with my starting point if you have followed it.

NGONGE   

^^ Are you explaining militant Islam to Ibti? If Islam were explained in political terms, Ibti would be on the centre right and you would be on the far left. The militant Islam you speak of IS Ibti. :D

Abtigiis   

Hayee waan garanyaaye, It was a polite way of saying ka leexo islaankaaga difaaciisa thread kale u furo oo! :D:D According to hers, hadda doodu waxay mari lahayd 'ha la aaso dee, *******ada xun..." -Ibti, waa ciyaar!

Abtigiis   

I didn't watch this one, but saw some of what the Taliban did. Truely shocking.

Let the self-proclaimed humanists, as if there is no humanity in religion, know that muslims also feel the pain of other human beings.

Ibtisam   

^^^Don't feel so boxed in dear, I think somepeople have been rubbed up the wrong way last week and now they have allergies.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Are you explaining militant Islam to Ibti? If Islam were explained in political terms, Ibti would be on the centre right and you would be on the far left. The militant Islam you speak of IS Ibti.
:D

:D Waali, you think anyone who prays 5times a day is militant icon_razz.gif So ya waxa ka deegseysanya!

A&T I don't want this to turn into her Islam Vs Mine, so all I am saying is quit being an apologist.

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

Lately the atmosphere on SOL is such that I could make a thread about gummy bears and it would turn into a debate about religion.

of course, gummy bears are Xaraam - because they got gelatin in it icon_razz.gif

Abtigiis   

Yes, a spirited mockery mission of the deen was nipped at the bud last week and Sherban's sentiment is quite understandable.

It is a bad trend, dear sherban, but blame those who will give an Islam-angle to all absurdities that happen across the world. WE WILL NOT RELENT from fighting those people, even if this sounds like a crazy slogan of a zealot! No one will be allowed to mock the religion, but questions are welcome.

The attempt to play victim by saying our rights to express our opinions are stifled by people who speak for Islam here is a cheap attempt to come back with more venom. The admin has done a good job of making sure the balance is kept in terms of what is rational debate on religion and what is open insults.

You cannot harbour a known arsonist who happens to be a family member and sleep peacefully in the hope that he will be considerate enough not to do his work on your own house. I mean, for rationality sake, we have Cicero's and ailamos's here!

I fail to see how an article about "honor killing" turned into Islamic discussion. EVERYONE who is not an I.D.I.O.T knows Islam and Muslims dont support such barbaric practices. This is a disgusting practice that need to be eradicated ASAP! And as those family members, they'll answer to their maker for taking a life.

Sherban,

dont worry. Somalis love to argue about anything.