Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Chimera   

Celebrity Diets & training:

ryan_reynolds_blade.jpg

Ryan Reynolds

There’s no doubt that one of Hollywood’s most talked about bodies is that of Van Wilder and Blade Trinity Star Ryan Reynolds. The transformation he took back in 2003-2004 to prepare for his upcoming role in Blade Trinity was nothing short of impressive. Not only did he gain 20 solid pounds of muscle, but shed his body fat from 11% to just 3%. So how did he do it? What were his workout secrets? What kind of diet regimen did he follow? In Ryan Reynolds very own words he explains his tips for sculpting his six-pack and putting on some serious mass in the five months before shooting.

Ryan Reynolds Workout & Diet

The question has come up a lot, so I'm gonna give you the detailed version. The first time I lifted a barbell for BLADE was the end of July, 2003. I had to be ready to go by mid December, however when we shot the scenes in question it was January, 2004, so, basically, 5 months.

DIET: I ate something pretty much every 2-3 hours, never "stuffing" myself, but never letting myself get hungry. Tons of water throughout the day... BREAKFAST: 1/2 cup egg whites and 2 eggs. Oatmeal - no sugar, a *protein bar 2-3 hours later. (the best oatmeal is this stuff called McCann's Steel Cut Oatmeal. It takes about a half hour to cook, but you just make enough to last a couple weeks. add apple sauce and cinnamon to improve the taste.)

LUNCH: chicken and veggies/brown rice. a *protein bar 2-3 hours later.

DINNER: fish or chicken with salad and vegetables. balsamic vinegar for dressing. couple more ** Optimum Whey Protein Shakes throughout the night and right before bed.

TYPICAL DIET:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, some "good" fat like a spoon of almond butter or slice of avocado, and 1 cup of oatmeal with applesauce

Midmorning snack: protein bar

Lunch: albacore tuna wrap or chicken and salad

Mid-afternoon snack: protein shake (whey and water), protein bar, or apple and almonds

Dinner: broiled fish or chicken, brown rice, vegetables, and salad

Evening Snack: protein shake

http://www.sixpacknow.com/ryan_reynolds_workout.html

Punisher%20Tom%20Jane2.jpg

Thomas Jane - The Punisher

Each day, Tom Jane scarfed 2,000 to 2,500 calories broken down into eight small meals when he was training to star in the movie The Punisher. But it was how those calories were divided that helped him blast 5 inches off his waistline.

"For the first 2 weeks, the percentage of daily calories I got from fat was around 10 percent," says Jane. "After that, 30 percent of my calories were from fat."

Says his trainer, John MacLaren, "The first 2 weeks of any aggressive diet plan typically yield amazing results, but if you maintain the regimen for too long, you start cannibalizing muscle tissue and slowing down how fast you burn fat."

After 6 weeks at 30 percent, Jane went back to 10 percent for 2 weeks and continued that cycle

8:00 a.m.

24-32 oz water (during his 1-hour cardio session)

12:00 p.m.

20 oz complex-carbohydrate drink

1 banana

24-32 oz water

480 calories

4:00 p.m.

24-32 oz water

10 oz complex-carbohydrate drink

200 calories

9:00 a.m.

20 oz protein shake

300 calories

2:00 p.m. Lunch

20 oz complex-carbohydrate drink

40 grams (g) protein either chicken or fish)

4 servings vegetables

400-425 calories

6:00 p.m. Dinner

40 g protein (one serving of either chicken, fish,or beef)

4 servings vegetables

10 oz complex-carbohydrate drink

24-32 oz water

400-425 calories

10:00 a.m. Breakfast

4-5 egg whites

3 servings vegetables of any kind (cooked with eggs as omelette)

175 calories

3:00 p.m.

1 banana or 1 serving grapes

80 calories

9:00 - 10:00 p.m.

1 banana

20 oz protein shake

16 oz water

250 calories

http://www.menshealth.com/men/nutrition/food-for-fitness/diet-plan/article/ad1a99edbbbd201099edbbbd2 010cfe793cd

This is the best diet for muscle gain. All that protien coupled with heavy lifting will build you up like the HULK.

I went back to the gym. This is my 6th week, and I can't move my body. I feel like I've been hit by a train. LOL! But I'm loving it!

Polanyi   

The diets of the celebs avove can lead to chronic infestation of methane gas. Yes, to dry Somali food.

And guess what? Yeeah, maayn, i trid to be clever n buy some fruit from the grocers. I brought some bananas and plumbs, not plumbs, but the other round things and it did cost a bit. How does the government expect brothers to eat healthy when fruit is so expensive? A bananaa and rice a day keeps the doctor away. btw, more and more non somalis are clocking the fact somalis eat banana with their rice. monkeys............

i get back to cardio and resistance training tomorrow, God help with the initial pain barrier. :eek:

you know that horrible feeling you get when you feel like your gonna pass out and puke at the same time. only silver lining is after usuallly 3 weeks you get that awesome post work out muscle fatigue. :D

oooh lovely cant wait to get back in the gym

Any of you going to work out during Ramadan? If so how you going to manage

PS! Karl you are probably one of the most mystifying figures on SOL. I have actually clearly understood one of your posts for a change. Bananas are a super fruit and i make sure i get my 2 a day.

BOB   

Cabdoow ummadoo dhan buufis aa ku wada riday oo qof walba diet iyo exercise buufis la dhaho aa kuwada riday. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Tuujiye   

Cabdoow markuu waxaan uu bilaabaye, bajaq raadis ee ka aheed laakiin hada "xaashaa lilaah" uu joogaa lool...

BOB muruqa caloosha kaaga fakaday see yeeshay?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

BOB   

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

BOB muruqa caloosha kaaga fakaday see yeeshay?

Abaa muruqaas sida cunug aan dhalay oo kale aan u fiir fiirsadaa nooh. :D lacag aa la galiyay oo lagu soo saaray muruqaas saaxiib...hadaa macnaheyga fahmeyso. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Tuujiye   

:D

@BOB

Tuujiye aflagaadada maxaa waaye sxbow?

ani maa i qabsanee mise BOB? adba hadii bulasiyoone laguu dhigi lahaa, ma darbeen laheen maa i dhahee?? quuq makasee loool

kula fitna cinda geel waxaa leh duqaan murqaha diidiinka leh ee BOB la dhahoo Cabdoo!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Juxa   

^^ hada lee maa ogatay, next to ngonge gaabnida isagaa sita adiguna wax kale baa lagugu sheegay

Mzanza msungi, fitnada jimicsiga meeshan ka taagan adigaa keenay! i keep imagining CH with bulging murqo

MZanzi   

Originally posted by --:

products_line_image.jpg

:cool:

Have you ever wondered why there are so many nutrition supplements on the market and yet most of them are waste of money ?