Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Chimera   

Urban, a good way to keep track of your gains is by taking a picture of yourself every two months. This is the next best thing to having a personal trainer. The mind can be your worst enemy, and it can see something completely different from what the mirror is reflecting, which is a pity because many people lose motivation because of this, evendo though they are on the right track.

I would also advice that you tried taking a product like Creatine, you will gain mass and strength. I use it twice a year, first to break through a plateau(because with creatine you'll be able to go heavier than your max.) and another cycle during Ramadan to maintain what I have gained.

Success sxb.

Juxa   

that is scary picture!

i was thinking of having friday fry-up then saw this topic. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Polanyi   

^^ My grandpa and poppa were both very talented runners.So I am, but they used to chase hyenas and I run for the bus every morning. I love running- not a professional runner if that is what you were asking.

Blessed   

LMAO. You're a funny lad. I don't mean professionally but did have something a bit more rigorous than running for the bus in mind.

The Zack   

Blessed, I run 2 miles a day, 5 days a week, I mostly do it at lunch time. The fact that there is a health and wellness center at work helps me though.

Why? Do you do a lot of running?

Blessed   

^LOL. Why? I'm surprised there aren't more nomad runners.

Zack..

Oh. that's impressive. Did you start with 5 day runs or have you slowly increased the number of run days? I've been recomended rest days in between runs but I feel that it just makes me lazy...

I'm getting back into running after a long break. I've been doing the C25K for awhile and only have a few weeks to go, so need to think about my options once that's done.

The Zack   

Che LOL.. A lot of things are hard to believe in this world. Think impossible.

Anyway, If you ever visit the C-town, let me know.. I will teach you one or two things about Basketball.

The Zack   

*Blessed;724514 wrote:
^LOL. Why? I'm surprised there aren't more nomad runners.

Oh. that's impressive. Did you start with 5 day runs or have you slowly increased the number of run days? I've been recomended rest days in between runs but I feel that it just makes me lazy...

I'm getting back into running after a long break. I've been doing the C25K for awhile and only have a few weeks to go, so need to think about my options once that's done.

Good to know that you are getting back to running.

I started with 3 days a week, and at first I was doing fast walking as opposed to running. Then I kinda wanted to do more, so I started running and it kicked in from there. I used to lift weights at the gym and I stopped doing that long time when I embraced the running. I suggest that you start it with three days a week or at least every other day. from nothing to 5 days will wear you out, I think.

Blessed....Just a gut feeling plus Zack has redneck like pick truck-hardly people known for their physical activity. I haven't run in long time and my idea of exercise has became walking to food joint to pick up takeout. Insha Allah, hoping to start exercising again.

Zack-You are fashioning afer Saciid (Boston) miyaa? C-town?

The Zack   

^Columbus.

LOL@fashioning after Saciid.. so you actually know him whilst you denied that last time we talked about him :) interesting. No, he is a professional runner, mine is just for pleasure and health purposes.

The Zack   

LOOOL@selective memory..malaha waad yaabtay sida X iyo Y la isugu raadiyay.

Halkaas bey iga tuurtay maalmahan. I am going to stay at Cranberry Woods, PA for three months mar dhow insha'allah. Waa ha socoto sheekadu.