Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Blessed   

I know what you mean, Che. LOL. Maybe you can join me on the C25K? I'm on recruitment mission.. :D .

Haven't heard of Saciid -- is he on the international radar yet. It's nice to see more Somaali athletics.

Zack,

Thanks. I think I'm ready to move into alternate days. Funny you say that you've given up lifting, the instructor at the gym was on at me about strength training the other day. I know she just wants my money though... grr!

The Zack   

Blessed, You welcome. Keep us posted how that goes. I recommend you do it about exact time each day, i.e. if you do the running on Mondays at evening, do it on Wednesdays about the same time. At least that works out well for me. As far as the lifting, I think it is more beneficial for the upper body - a part of my body which I care less about - at least this time. If one has the time and the courage, I say it is good thing as well. I think the legs get enough strength from the running.

Blessed-Yeah, let's do it and recruit more. What's target?

Said was active in the US track circuit. I need to ask him one of these days why he doesn't run anymore.

Said%20Ahmed%202.jpg

Zack-You sound like drifter. I might have to alert Cranberry Woods if there's unexplained murder there.

The Zack   

Che -Guevara;724535 wrote:

Zack-You sound like drifter. I might have to alert Cranberry Woods if there's unexplained murder there.

Reer Guuraanimo is in my blood. I have stayed at least 17 states in the U.S. (of course for good reasons). Waagaan geella raaci jiray sidaas baan u guuritaan badnaa.

P.s. Speaking of murder, should I be worried that "Columbus" comes up in the auto-complete when I type murder in the google search? Maalmo dhan baan yaabanaa.

Blessed   

Zack.. I know what you mean. I'm just not interested in weights.

Che,

Would be nice to get more nomads on board. You can get more info on the following website. It's starts off really easy and it's amazing how much progress you make in a short time.

www.coolrunning.com

www.c25k.com

A_Khadar   

Group exercise is one works for me mostly. If your club offer group exercises such as boxing, cycling, swimming etc these type of group exercises lead by instructors real work. They are tough and motivated.

I second that! I love group exercises. They make my time worthwhile since it is like having a personal trainer. They push you harder and they often change excercises as soon as your body starts to adapt to it. I love jogging and I hate running because it is so hard on my body.

Ms MoOns   

Blessed, the program sounds pretty straight forward.

Will join yous insha allah. Have already printed out the plan.

Are you doing the treadmill version?

Blessed   

Yeah, group excercises make you work... but usually short lived for me. I'm a loner, I guess.

MsMoons, At the moment I'm moving onto the treadmill because it's getting too hot for me to run out doors. I prefer the outdoors and find it easier and my usual track has the most beautiful setting around it, it's hard to tear myself away. :(

Well done for starting--G'luck. Share your progress, Insha Allah.

BTW..

Check out these cool podcasts for C25K runs.

chubbyjones.libsyn.com/category/podcasts

kissmyblackass.org

Ms MoOns   

^Thanks Blessed.

I must say it's not as easy as I thought it would be. lol. But it feels great.

You reckon I can speed the process up, and do it more than three times a week?

Blessed   

Yay, MsMoon. Well done for starting. :cool: It is hard, the first day of each new week is the toughest but it gets easier as you go on -- until you start the next week but that's what I love about it. Constant challenge!

I'm on week 5 now - I need to run more often to keep me going-- long rests just makes me lazy and the runs harder -- I was stuck in week 4 for ages because of that. Let me know how you're progressing. :) Xx

can we begin to share our PB's on here. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Over 5km that is. :o

Blessed lets not do it:p but rather impossible is nothing.

Blessed   

Seriously adidas? I'd rather keep rolling with my reeboks, 'because life isn't a spectator sport'. Haha. I love these tags, Nike does the best motivational qoutes though.

I can't remember my PB- it was a very long time ago! At the moment I'm working on building my endurance and then I'll start working on my times. I did a 5K last year and my time was a disasterous 42 Min. I did the 5k before the training so madness in methodology here but it got me started. So no complaints really.