Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

08-08-08 Beijing Olympics

Blessed   

Aww, so nice to see Somalis there.

Btw.. Is Duraan, the torch bearer from London?

I think he was my dugsi teacher.

Ibtisam   

^^^YOu mean Duran Farah?? I thought that, but I've been looking at the picture and unless he has changed BIG time, it is not him.

Blessed   

^LOL.

Ibti,

Same name and that smile. I can't see the photos but from the videos he looks like he put on some weight. But he is married now, so maybe that explains it.. LOL.

What are the odds..

Urban   

I was watching the news this morning, and it was very sad to see what's happened to some chinese families, they lost their homes to make way for Olympic developments.

I was probably living in a cave for the last couple of months or so, but this only caught my attention now.

Rahima   

Ibtisam,

Those women are not atheletes. That said however, just because a sister might be competing in the games, it does not mean that she can't half-try. I'm sure it can never be xalaal, but she can at least try to minimise the sin.

Praying once a day is better than not praying at all. You can't argue that just because i'm in sin, i might as well just add more to it.

From a personal perspective though, i found it distasteful that they were representing a country where most women where the hijab, yet none of them were.

Faynuus   

Woow. the somali flagbearer has a cute smile. am happy it was not one of those aad quutquuto moodayso. very proud of them.