Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

What's the Purpose of Life?

Viking   

Socod_badne,

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Viking:
so what else are you looking for? Speculation? Analogical reasonning around the subject?

Personal takes. Worshing God could mean different things to different people. In fact it does since no two people see everything alike in life. I only wanted people to share their thoughts. In short fulfill the purpose of a fora like this: DISCUSS! In its place we got inundated with a galore of gratuitous character aspersions and trivialities to divest away from the question raised.

The reason we were created is to worship Allah SWT, period. But you are being a literalist if you understood 'worship' to mean only spiritual devotion i.e. prayers. The term used in the Qur'an is 'yacbuduun' which is derived from the word 'cibadah' meaning worship. What kinds of cibadah are there now? For example, copulation with your wife is cibadah and you get 'thawwab' for it, the same applies to giving charity etc. Do you want people to break down the different forms of cibadah and mention their "favourites" or what they feel is their "mission" or what they feel they OUGHT to do on earth? Worship is a broad term which means doing what Allah SWT has prescribed, those who deviate from what is ordained are therefore not fulfilling their purpose in life.

I am all for discussion just as you are, but this is an area which there isn't much to discuss especially in the narrow format you have provided. This is the reason people have overwhelmingly given you the same response.

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Like I said before I reject the Sunnah, I explained my reasons. I'm not trying to dissuade you from adhering to the Sunnah. It is your right to worship anything you please. Just like it is my right to worship who I please -- God and God only.

I do not know how you justify this! The person in history whose life has been recorded in utmost detail is our Noble Prophet Muhammad SAWS. We know how he dressed, brushed his teeth, slept, ate, walked, talked, treated other human beings etc. There is a reason for all this, humanity is supposed to learn from him as he is a LIVING QUR'AN so to speak, he practised what he preached, down to the letter.

Have you ever heard of the Prophet's last sermon? He delivered it on 632 A.C., 9th day of Dhul-al-Hijjah, 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat. If you haven't heard of it I suggest you find out. This is what he said in the end...

O People, NO PROPHET OR MESSENGER WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I am leaving you with the Book of God (the QUR'AN) and my SUNNAH (the life style and the behavioral mode of the Prophet), if you follow them you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people.

How do you justify believing in the Qur'an and not the Hadith? Aren't you going against the words of the same man that delivered the Message of the Qur'an to humanity?

N.O.R.F   

Al Mutaffifin, Chapter 83, Part 30

Translation - M Asad

83:1 WOE UNTO THOSE who give short measure

83:2 those who, when they are to receive their due from [other] people, demand that it be given in full

83:3 but when they have to measure or weigh whatever they owe to others, give less than what is due

83:4 Do they not know that they are bound to be raised from the dead

83:5 [and called to account] on an awesome Day

83:6 the Day when all men shall stand before the Sustainer of all the worlds?

83:7 NAY, VERILY, the record of the wicked is indeed [set down] in a mode inescapable!

83:8 And what could make thee conceive what that that mode inescapable will be?

83:9 A record [indelibly] inscribed!

83:10 Woe on that Day unto those who give the lie to the truth

83:11 those who give the lie to the [coming of] Judgment Day:

83:12 for, none gives the lie to it but such as are wont to transgress against all that is [and are] immersed in sin:

83:13 [and so,] whenever Our messages are conveyed to them, they but say, "Fables of ancient times!"

83:14 Nay, but their hearts are corroded by all [the evil] that they were wont to do!

83:15 Nay, verily, from [the grace of] their Sustainer shall they on that Day be debarred;

83:16 and then, behold, they shall enter the blazing fire

83:17 and be told: "This is the [very thing] to which you were wont to give the lie!"

83:18 NAY, VERILY - the record of the truly virtuous is [set down] in a mode most lofty!

83:19 And what could make thee conceive what that mode most lofty will be?

83:20 A record [indelibly] inscribed,

83:21 witnessed~ by all who have [ever] been drawn close unto God.

83:22 Behold, [in the life to come] the truly virtuous will indeed be in bliss:

83:23 [resting on couches, they will look up [to God]:

83:24 upon their faces thou wilt see the brightness of bliss.

83:25 They will be given a drink of pure wine whereon the seal [of God] will have been set,

83:26 pouring forth with a fragrance of musk. [8] To that [wine of paradise], then, let all such aspire as [are willing to] aspire to things of high account:

83:27 for it is composed of all that is most exalting

83:28 a source [of bliss] whereof those who are drawn close unto God shall drink

83:29 BEHOLD, those who have abandoned themselves to sin are wont to laugh at such as have attained to faith

83:30 and whenever they pass by them, they wink at one another [derisively];

83:31 and whenever they return to people of their own kind, [12] they return full of jests;

83:32 and whenever they see those [who believe,] they say, "Behold, these [people] have indeed gone astray!"

83:33 And, withal, they have no call to watch over [the beliefs of] others. . .

83:34 But on the Day [of Judgment], they who had attained to faith will [be able to] laugh at the [erstwhile] deniers of the truth:

83:35 [for, resting in paradise] on couches, they will look on [and say to themselves]:

83:36 "Are these deniers of the truth being [thus] requited for [aught but] what they were wont to do?"

The Holy Quran

N.O.R.F   

Take me for example. Those who criticise me don't so for what I say (ie reject the Sunnah etc) but what I do -- independently speak my mind!

If you have regected the Sunnah,,,,

1) How do you pray?

2) How do you wash yourself?

3) How do you eat?

4) How do you fast in the month of Ramadan (what do you refrain from)?

5) Why do you rejct to learn from the Ulama that are mentioned in the Quran?

and many more,,,,,,see where i'm going here,,,,if you have rejected the Sunnah, are you a Muslim?

babble babble babble with more holes in his arguments than a fishing net!

Khalaf   

Asslaamu Alaykum,

“Again, it doesn't matter on hoot what you believe, when all is said and done you will always be judged by what you do not for what you say or belief.â€

My brother you have no knowledge of Islam or the teachings of Qur’an. Belief and deeds are never separated in the Qu’ran. Belief without deeds is meaningless, as is deeds without belief. In the Qu’ran deeds and belief are side by side. That’s why All the Messengers of Allah from Adam and Muhammad blessings be with them, called the people to Iman and righteous good deeds. You will be judged on what you believed and your actions, by implying we will only be judged on what we do you are referring to the judgments of man, which is pointless. You can be the best of man, do the best of deeds but without the belief in Allah and His revelation your work is fruitless.

"By Time! Verily man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds and help one another to the truth and help one another to patience." al-Qur'aan, al-`Asr (103):1-3

You have proudly proclaimed you reject the sunnah, thus you reject our Noble Prophet Muhammad and his teachings. And he who rejects Rasolullah sallahu alhi wasallam is not a believer in Allah. It is the shahadah that distinguishes believers from kafirs, second part of shahadah is belief in Muhammad. You are free to your beliefs and viewpoints, as Allah subhanahu wa tallah tells us:

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Tâghût and believes in Allâh, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Allâh is the Walî (Protector or Guardian) of those who believe. He brings them out from darkness into light. But as for those who disbelieve, their Auliyâ (supporters and helpers) are Tâghût [false deities and false leaders, etc.], they bring them out from light into darkness. Those are the dwellers of the Fire, and they will abide therein forever. (Al-Baqrah verses 256-7)

My brother I suggest you become aware of the importance sunnah in this deen, here is link:

Sunnah

And as for the topic at hand, everyone will have their own view on what’s the purpose of life, and everyone has proclaimed their purpose. What is left, are we trying to find out the unseen and the secrets of life? It is Allah’s will that this domain is beyond human comprehension, and this is not required for our purpose here anyway. Greater man than us have tried, failed, and will always continue to fail until Allah raises the curtain, our desire to grasp the secret of life will remain unsolved. And those who live in defiance to Allah’s authority will forever be in vain and their efforts will produce nothing.

--------------------

“I testify that there is no god but Allah, Alone, Who has no partner and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger! O Allah, make me of those who return to You often in repentance and make me of those who remain clean and pure.’"

Gabbal   

You just babbling on and on without any thought process going into any of your arguments. You are infact going round in circles!

Indeed. I had a haunch the nomad was not well versed in what he was uttering, but only after he utter his now famous handicapped analogy did I understand he was looking for anything to grasp on. It is either what prof says or what is written in his textbook. Cilmigiisa intaa ma dhaafto.

Castro

I think SB and JB baa ku dhaamo because they stand up for their principles and do not have to be hypocritical to stay mainstream. smile.gif I would rather have them amongst our midst then the two faced.

Kheyr

It is a pleasure and an honor to be in the same categorization as you walaal. Continue on what you are doing and fight for that which you believe in. That is a duty as a Musim submitting to the will of Allah (SWT).

the egos on the men go round and round, round and round, round...the egos on the men go round and round, all day loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Naga daaya hadaba. U've all said it all in every which way possible. I really want to say, 'GET A LIFE' to some of you.

GET A LIFE!!!!

Phew. Habeen wanaagsan. icon_razz.gif

Viking,

I'll discuss with you how I can reject the Sunnah and accept only the Quran... in another thread.

Originally posted by Northerner:

If you have regected the Sunnah,,,,

1) How do you pray?

2) How do you wash yourself?

3) How do you eat?

4) How do you fast in the month of Ramadan (what do you refrain from)?

5) Why do you rejct to learn from the Ulama that are mentioned in the Quran?

and many more,,,,,,see where i'm going here,,,,if you have rejected the Sunnah, are you a Muslim?

What an ignominious sob you are! I gave you a reply and asked you to substantively rebut it or concede the arguement -- who should be blamed for what muslims do: muslims or Islam? What do you do next? You jump on another completely unrelated topic!

Now why should I respond to your questions above? You know what, I won't. Not until you substantively address my first reply to you. I'm waiting Northerner, don't disappoint me. I become very very unhappy when I'm disappointed.

Originally posted by AbdulNoor:

Asslaamu Alaykum,

My brother you have no knowledge of Islam or the teachings of Qur’an. Belief and deeds are never separated in the Qu’ran. Belief without deeds is meaningless, as is deeds without belief. In the Qu’ran deeds and belief are side by side. That’s why All the Messengers of Allah from Adam and Muhammad blessings be with them, called the people to Iman and righteous good deeds. You will be judged on what you believed and your actions, by implying we will only be judged on what we do you are referring to the judgments of man, which is pointless. You can be the best of man, do the best of deeds but without the belief in Allah and His revelation your work is fruitless.

We were discussing how people judge others, not Allah. To people what someone beliefs is inconsequential. You for example say you are a muslim -- you believe in Allah and Mahammed SAW as his messanger. But there is no way for me or anyone to know you're not lying about it with 100% certainty. That is the reason why deeds are what we earthlings judge on since that is the only way for us to know with 100% certainty what your TRUE intentions are.

Originally posted by Kashanre:

Indeed. I had a haunch the nomad was not well versed in what he was uttering, but only after he utter his now famous handicapped analogy did I understand he was looking for anything to grasp on. It is either what prof says or what is written in his textbook. Cilmigiisa intaa ma dhaafto.

This is my analogy:

Actually I DO. Obviously you and other jaundiced folks here don't. I don't blame jewism for what jews are doing to muslims in Palastine, that is not REAL jewism. Same with america, I don't hold them responsible for the baleful results of their cavalier gun-ho and hegemonist policies, that is not REAL americanism. Don't you agree with me?

I will try one last time then I leave it to Allah to sort you out. This is what you said that subsequently spawned this entire sub-sub-sub-debate:

Also, I find it quite extraordinary how those nomads along with Ibtisam failed to make the distinction between the religion (Islam) and the worshipper (Muslim).

Aren't those your words? And aren't you asking that we decouple Islam (the religion) from what muslims do (the worshipers)?

I agree with you and my analogy, delivered in a sarcastic tone, was to underscore this universal fact: people are judged for what they do and not for what they belief. We decry americans for what they do -- for brevity KICK AS_S -- not for democracy, capatilism, moral decadence and the rest of the assorted punch of foibles flaunted around.

So what I said do you disagree with? Please tell if you can.

More of Kashanre:

I sense alot of their anti-Islamic positions and grievance have much to do with actions of supposed Muslims as opposed to what is actually sanctioned by the Islamic religion. Do they not know Islam is perfect whereas Muslims are not? Do they not know that Islam has no mistakes whereas Muslims can be prone to making mistakes in how they carry out or do not carry out their religion?

Gabbal   

^I really do not have time for your nonsense anymore. Northernor baa kaa raayay oo awoodaada ku tusay and you can best believe you will not get anymore responses from nomads now that you set a precedent for such nonsense.

Originally posted by Kashanre:

^I really do not have time for your nonsense anymore. Northernor baa kaa raayay oo awoodaada ku tusay and you can best believe you will not get anymore responses from nomads now that you set a precedent for such nonsense.

The above is not a challenge of what I've said. Good! I'll accept this no-challenge reply from you as your assent of our agruement.

Thanks. It was fun playing, till next time...

N.O.R.F   

First you have to establish (prove!) that EVERY criticised vocal muslim speaks for what Islam says. It's self-evident truth that not ALL vocal muslims speak for what Islam says (Osama Bin Laden for 1) not to mention the different readings of Islam. If ANY vocal muslim claiming to be speaking on the behalf of Islam has got it wrong, then ANY vocal muslim can be criticised for what he does. If you see holes in my reasoning, show it otherwise concede.

So one muslim can criticise the other, fair enough. But the one doing the criticising must have some basic knowledge about the deen in order to, right? I CONCEDE

Now, answer my questions,,,,

Are you a Muslim?

ps dont you think the usual attention seeking has overboard here?

Originally posted by Northerner:

So one muslim can criticise the other, fair enough. But the one doing the criticising must have some basic knowledge about the deen in order to, right?
I CONCEDE

Woow! That is dignified and magnanimous act on your behalf. My hat off to you Sir!

Now, answer my questions,,,,

Your question was, I believe, how I can perform Salaat, fast, pay zakat etc without the hadiths. Right?

My reply: the Sunnah is not needed to perform any Islamic ritual. Muslims were able to perform all the biding Islamic rituals long before the Sunnah was writen. The Sunnah was written some 150-200 years after the death of the prophet (scw). You didn't learn how to perform Salaat from the Sunnah... you learned it from someone who knew it who learned from someone else who knew how, that someone in turn learned from someone before him and so on... going all the way back to the first few muslims.

Are you a Muslim?

Yes but only the good part.

ps dont you think the usual attention seeking has overboard here?

No way, I love suking from limelight's mammary glands.... I'm gonna milk it for as long as I can. All eyes on me and I'm lovin' it. Stop hating dude.

But as with all things, sheer ennui will get to me sooner or later and I'll lose interest.