Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Dentist cut fees for women in Islamic dress

Originally posted by Ghanima:

Farraxo: So push her off the deep end! that is not even logical, make her more of a sex symbol eh? Don’t forget her high heels either :rolleyes:

I think you are taking it too literal dear. I was just being silly~

Lazie,I am too weak to respond to your italics :). But i do agree with you,no one should force anyone on what they believe in. The premise is,you can say whatever you want on public tv & no one should call you names for doing so.

chubacka   

I really dnt understand the anger of some of these "modern muslim women" here.

What is the big deal if a MUSLIM dentist asked a MUSLIM woman to cover her head while he was treating her?

No it not the ideal profession for a practising male but he was at least trying to make the best of a bad situation.Which is what we all have to do living in non-muslim countries.

What is outrageous is she is taking him to court asking non-muslims to condemn and punish her muslim brother. An what is worse than that is muslims feeling sorry for her and themselves condeming the man. What a sorry situation the muslims are in today.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

Its sad a fellow muslim has to resort to getting another muslim into this much media exposure. I am sure she knew that by complaining this case would go straight into the main news due to the anti islam stance the media already has against us all. Besides I dont think he did anything wrong here. He was just giving her naseeha. May Allah help him.

Almighty Allah says: ‘You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind, you enjoin Al-Ma’ruf (whole Deen) and forbid what is Al-Munkar (all that is evil), and you believe in Allah’ [Ale-Imran v.110] [/QB]

The brother did the right thing but didn't apply it wisely. With all these juhala (incl. card carrying muslims) out there, his approach should have been more subtle and he should have consulted with employment lawyers because now a sex discrimination case is being raised and he could loose his licence. (The only reward for putting truth first is Allah and certainely not popular consences).

May Allah preserve this brother's Iman and preserve his sanity from the media onslaught and negative comments from the 'card carrying' muslims.

Its Ramadan and we are fasting, so lets observe some restraint and ease up on the brother.

Khayr   

Originally posted by chubacka:

What is the big deal if a MUSLIM dentist asked a MUSLIM woman to cover her head while he was treating her?

No it not the ideal profession for a practising male but he was at least trying to make the best of a bad situation.Which is what we all have to do living in non-muslim countries.

What is outrageous is she is taking him to court asking non-muslims to condemn and punish her muslim brother. An what is worse than that is muslims feeling sorry for her and themselves condeming the man. What a sorry situation the muslims are in today.

I second that!

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

quote:I am sure she knew that by complaining this case would go straight into the main news due to the anti islam stance the media already has against us all.

What are you trying to say here?

I know you are not putting the blame on the female patient. You are a female right?

Here we are as minorities, as muslims demanding we get treated equally, and we have one of our own muslim fellow demanding that his female patients wear head scarf and we have a fellow muslim female aka poster is pointing the finger at the female.

Another thing I want to know is who declared the female as a "non practicing muslim" did she say it herself? Did she confirm that she was indeed not practicing the religion? Was this all brought because the female doesn't wear the head scarf?

I am a practicing muslim who doesn't wear the head scarf, not all my yrs in living in this world, not once have I have worn a head scarf, only time I cover myself up is during prayer(I am proud to be a muslim woman) and I am just as a good muslim as the next one, does that mean I wouldn't be allowed to go to this man's business establishment, because he felt that he should dictate how his patients present themselves to him?

How dare he open a public office, a work place and demand anything, or as he calls it "requested", where did he get the nerve to do any such thing?

We have a story on the front page of SOL about a maine resident, a somali female suing a hotel chain(I think its a chain) for mistreating her and not for allowing her to pray during work hours and for terminating her when she complained about it.

Should her complaint be taken serious?

Won't we ask that she get equal treatment, but then we have a business man such as the man in the article above, who employs females and males I presume, and is mistreating his patients , a paying customer at that, why would be her case be any different? Or the case of sheikh's who were not allowed to board an airline becasue they were seen praying, and as a thread.(for all we know the white man/woman were ignorant about prayer, maybe they just thought these men were ready for jihad and used their best judgement to refuse boarding for these muslim men ignorance was indeed an excuse at that time)

I ask you all, Why even bother complaining to the white man about how unfairly they are treating us, whe we treat each other worse than the white man?

PS:Poster, gabar baa tahay, therefore isku noqo and think about your earlier response please.

Also, no one asked this dibi to give the service for free, waa xayawaan aqli laheen, imagine if all the head scarfing women came, even the non muslims(to wear one for the hell of getting a free service) because he made that statement and has to stick to it, how long will his business survive?
In short you find fault in the Dentist trying to adhere to the tenants of Islaam and not the patient right? You could have said that instead of going off on a tangent. I'm not trying to come off as ''holier than thou'' when I say this but it's best to hide your sins (not wearing the headscraf). Saying that you do not wear it implies that you have no shame. Also, waa Ramadan why don't you calm down for once and stop insulting people yaa Allah. Every thread I go to you're there insulting someone. 'Skaa dhaaf waxas accudubillah, at least for the sake of Ramadan.

Perhaps the way he went about giving Dawah was a bit sketchy but to me he came off as someone who really cared for another Muslim sister. Besides, aren't one of the reasons we are ordained to adhere to the Islamic dress code is to be about to tell ourselves from gaals? The only way he could tell she wasn't was by her name. I commend him for requesting her to don the headscarf. Some of you go bonkers at the mere NOTION of a brother asking you to cover yourself up. But why? I don't get it. It shows that he actually cares right? Cajiib walle.

Chubacka, I totally agree. :D

Cara.   

As if dentistry wasn't shady enough as it is. This nutcase has discovered how to combine physical torture with psychological humiliation.

Malika   

^^It's might not be a big deal,but there are many ways of doing dacwa,without having to humiliate someone,its not right to be selfrightous about the deen,One can give Dacwa and let the other person have the choice to choose which is the best path for them to take.Indeed there is no harm in reminding each other of our duties as Muslims,but believe me there a some so called Muslims on a selfrightous pedestal whom assume everybody else to be in the wrong..subhanallah!

The other issue is his practising policy,why is it only the Muslim women that have to be in Hijab when he is treating them,am sure he treats Non Muslim women without hijabs!

chubacka   

^^^Firstly really we dnt know if he did in fact treat non-muslim women and yer i agree it would be a bit strange if he did but the point is this lady was muslim.

Also true its really important how you speak to ppl and try to give dem dacwa. I can understand she would be angry if he spoke to her in a patronising way but i really dnt have an issue wid the principle of him asking her to cover, at least while she was there. It would be betta for both of dem.

NGONGE   

^^^Firstly really we dnt know if he did in fact treat non-muslim women and yer i agree it would be a bit strange if he did but the point is this lady was muslim.

Also true its really important how you speak to ppl and try to give dem dacwa. I can understand she would be angry if he spoke to her in a patronising way but i really dnt have an issue wid the principle of him asking her to cover, at least while she was there. It would be betta for both of dem.

The idea of him treating non-muslim women was implied. Why else was he giving discounts (or free treatment) to hijab-wearing Mulsim women?

It really is not his business to ask her to cover-up. If it were a woman in the street then it would have been understandable (though still weird in this day and age) but in his position it looks like he's abusing the powers he has/had.

Sometimes good intentions alone are not enough. The method used and the paths taken are also very important. In addition, if the woman IS Muslim then surely she realises the importance of Hijab and knows that sooner or later she will have to wear one (unless she has her own ideas of Hijab of course). The issue, for her, is probably already a gaping wound that does not require any further poking. The simple mention of Hijab (from family and friends) probably gets her back up and makes her feel guilty (and as a result, also angry). Looking at things in that light, does it surprise you that such a non-hijab-wearing woman will feel angry and offended when her dentist requests her to wear a hijab in order to receive some treatment?

Like praying and fasting, wearing the Hijab is a very delicate subject that requires careful handling. If it were not then there is a good risk of pushing the person you wish to advice away from you (i.e. complaining to the authorities about fellow Muslims, etc).

Ps

I see some are talking about him finding a more Muslim friendly profession! What exactly does that mean?

^ RE: "I see some are talking about him finding a more Muslim friendly profession! What exactly does that mean?"

A male only hermitage on the outskirts of riyard of course