Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Dentist cut fees for women in Islamic dress

Ibtisam   

He is making my job and life harder, and since his actions affects me (he appointed himself as speaking for Muslim women) and according to him every Muslim (real Muslim he adds) will support him on this, I too can take an opinion on him and I have a right (as a Muslim women) to object to what he says if I don’t think it Is a true reflection.

There is nothing wrong with extremism, just be extreme in your own home, don't try and pass it off as normal thing that all Muslims do. If I really told you what I think of them, you would have a heart attack, so since it is Ramadan I'll leave it at that.

P.s. Notice I put "extremist" in quotation marks. I did not label them as such.

Originally posted by Ghanima:

He is making my job and life harder, and since his actions affects me (he appointed himself as speaking for Muslim women) and according to him every Muslim (real Muslim he adds) will support him on this, I too can take an opinion on him and I have a right (as a Muslim women) to object to what he says if I don’t think it Is a true reflection.

There is nothing wrong with extremism, just be extreme in your own home, don't try and pass it off as normal thing that all Muslims do. If I really told you what I think of them, you would have a heart attack, so since it is Ramadan I'll leave it at that.

P.s. Notice I put "extremist" in quotation marks. I did not label them as such.

Fair enough. I just think all this sanctioning of free speech and name calling is just silly/ People have different opinions and positions. This dentist's position appeals to someone somewhere in the UK. What you call extremism is someone else's belief.

Look,the guy has an opinion & i think for you or anyone to sanction him is an infrignment of his freedom of speech. If you disagree with his position,get on the same medium he used and rebutt it.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

I am a practicing muslim who doesn't wear the head scarf, not all my yrs in living in this world, not once have I have worn a head scarf,
only time I cover myself up is during prayer(I am proud to be a muslim woman)
and I am just as a good muslim as the next one, does that mean I wouldn't be allowed to go to this man's business establishment, because he felt that he should dictate how his patients present themselves to him?

Well that is rather hypocrotical. It is like saying I am a law-abiding citizen because, even tough I go above the speed limit, I come back down to it when I see the police. Are you a law-abiding citizen?

In short, if being uncoved is lawful and you see nothing wrong with it, why do you not go and stand before God in that manner?

NGONGE   

^^ war ka joog :D

Ms D&D

Free and line don't go together, don't you think?

It's like arguing that animals living in Safari Zoos are not really captive animals! Surely if there are clear lines and limits then there is no freedom at all. The lines should be drawn by each individual and according to their own judgment.

Blessed   

I wonder if treated nonMuslim women?

Dhucdhuc,

I'm glad the you've brought up the Jack Straw incident, as I've read your responses I was thinking to myself that if this was an 'infidel' refusing to treat a Muslimah because it offended his sensitivities, we would be spitting venom.

Muslims should forbid the evil and enjoin the good but there's also no compulsion [or bribery] in religion. If you can't lower your gaze, find a more suitable profession. :rolleyes:

Still, I wouldn’t file a complaint against the brother, he only needed a good telling off, dacas and all.

Ibtisam   

Farah, that is what the lady did, and Ms DD has taken her to task for pining another Muslim up.

His freedom or speech and actions ends where mine start. He is forcing his views and believes of her.

And yes it has already been said " one mans terrorist is another’s freedom fighter"

NGONGE   

Ayaayo, waa Ramadan, sixirka naga jooji. How did you manage to sandwich G in the middle of your two identical posts? :D

** Starts spitting blessed water around the thread **

Ms DD   

Zenobia

You are right...my responses would have been different. What can I say..I am prejudiced ( well..I am working on it :D ). But who else will admit to it? I was against Jack Straw comments and i kinda agree with the dentist. There are those who agree with Jack Straw and disagree with the dentist. Edit: And we cant have both ways!

faarax:

Fair enough. I just think all this sanctioning of free speech and name calling is just silly/ People have different opinions and positions. This dentist's position appeals to someone somewhere in the UK. What you call extremism is someone else's belief.

Look,the guy has an opinion & i think for you or anyone to sanction him is an infrignment of his freedom of speech. If you disagree with his position,get on the same medium he used and rebutt it.

faarax, i think that it goes beyond having or expressing an opinion, and to be truthful, i would think that in general, the people he's offended would be the first in line to defend his right to have and voice his opinion. The offence is in the enforcement of his opinion.

Put another way, if one agrees with Mr. Butt and his expectations of what a muslim woman aught to be like, then one also agree with jack straw on what a muslim aught to do in his presence also - since they are both applying the same logic, of the enforcement of personal preference over another persons choice.

Blessed   

^*waves* He has the water to pave the way for me. Hehhe.

Sleeping? We're having a love-hate relationship at the moment.

Dhucdhuc.

I liked the idea of the pro-hijaab campaign but the buck stops where he sends a sister away. I just think dacwah needs alot of patience.

N.O.R.F   

I'm quessing the media are blowing this up, up there in blighty :rolleyes:

Will he give them a sticker if they wear hijaab?

'I was good at the dentist today' :D

Ibtisam   

^^^^NO they get a discount, or even treated for free. How nice of him eh! :rolleyes: lol.

Lool @Zenobia, maandee iska seexo, there is nothing better than good old sleep! :D