Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Dentist cut fees for women in Islamic dress

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

quote: faarax:

Fair enough. I just think all this sanctioning of free speech and name calling is just silly/ People have different opinions and positions. This dentist's position appeals to someone somewhere in the UK. What you call extremism is someone else's belief.

Look,the guy has an opinion & i think for you or anyone to sanction him is an infrignment of his freedom of speech. If you disagree with his position,get on the same medium he used and rebutt it.

faarax, i think that it goes beyond having or expressing an opinion, and to be truthful, i would think that in general, the people he's offended would be the first in line to defend his right to have and voice his opinion. The offence is in the enforcement of his opinion.

Put another way, if one agrees with Mr. Butt and his expectations of what a muslim woman aught to be like, then one also agree with jack straw on what a muslim aught to do in his presence also - since they are both applying the same logic, of the enforcement of personal preference over another persons choice.
Precisly & i agree with you. But i think we are talking about two different Butts.(Butt Brothers that is :D ) The One am talking about is the one Ghanima thinks has "idiotic" speeches.

Nephissa   

It never ceases to amaze me how so many Muslims claim to want to be included and treated equally always do so much to segregate themselves from the mainstays of society. Mr Butt here is a moron, yes he is!. How's his case any different than a muhajabah not getting a treatment at her local hospital unless she wears a tank top, winks at the doctor, and leaves her hair loose? He needs to go back to Saudi Arabia or wherever the 'ell he came from. This effin arab morons are ruin it for everyone!

Originally posted by Ghanima:

^^HE is Pakistani
:D

Farah, you cannot agree with him and yet not see where I am coming from! we are saying the same thing.

I am just saying,you have no right to denounce him that is all. He has a right to be extreme in his opinion & most importantly,he has a right to say whatever he feels like. Btw,am talking about the 2nd Buttman here(the one who was on TV). The first Butt(the dentist who was giving 30% to hijabified sisters),is of course wrong to deny service if someone is not wearing a hijab. That is just lame.(this i agree) smile.gif

Nephissa   

Faarax: Oh yeah? We'll wait and see what you do, marku ku yiraa grow a beard taller than you, surwalkana soo gaabso.

Ghanima: LOL. Let me rephrase it: He needs to take his curry-smelling self back to his curry-loving people.

Originally posted by Tallpoppy:

haye someone hook-me up with his telephone number, me could use the discount.

Nice to know you are a Hijabi. I am also coming with some discounts for non Hijabis. icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^Like what????

Faarxo okay I think we too where speaking of differe Butts. I'm just objecting to him speaking for me! end off.

Loool @ku yiraa grow a beard taller than you, surwalkana soo gaabso.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

I am just saying,you have no right to denounce him that is all. He has a right to be extreme in his opinion & most importantly,he has a right to say whatever he feels like.

But how can she not?? - that impinges on her freedom of speech. If the dumb dentist can be extreme so can anyone in opposing him.

Ibtisam   

^^^thats is odd, a good muslim women should not wear make up outside the house and temp men :D

something else dear, something Islamic like your good bother Butt!

First of all, I just want to say even thought we are all fasting, habeen beey aheyd when I wrote what I wrote. I was outraged and d*mn right angry, and I am not sorry.

Well that is rather hypocrotical. It is like saying I am a law-abiding citizen because, even tough I go above the speed limit, I come back down to it when I see the police. Are you a law-abiding citizen?

In short, if being uncoved is lawful and you see nothing wrong with it, why do you not go and stand before God in that manner?

Actually, I am a law abiding citizen, never once have I been stopped by police, I drive carefully when I have to, and I go over the speed limit when I have to. Never once I have gotten a ticket of any kind, but thats beside the point.

I just want to tell you horn horn that I am not going to sit here and explain to you or anyone else why I cover up when I am infront of allah praying , yet refuse to cover up period.

Instead, I will tell share something with you that may or may not make sense to you, depending whether or not you want to open your eyes to it or not.

Obviously, I am not going to lie and tell you that I have prayed all my life. I have had my ups and downs with the idea of a prayer for a long time, but one thing I told myself few yrs back was that, once I start praying , I would never ever, under any circumstance stop it.

I didn't want to start, then stop then after a while go ahead and start. It took a bit of time, but once I was praying, I went ahead prayed and still praying and will continue to pray, in other words, I look at everything that way. Once I set my mind into something, I do not stop, there is no turning back for me.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

quote:Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

I am just saying,you have no right to denounce him that is all. He has a right to be extreme in his opinion & most importantly,he has a right to say whatever he feels like.

But how can she not?? - that impinges on her freedom of speech. If the dumb dentist can be extreme so can anyone in opposing him.
She has every right to oppose his opinion. What she doesnt have a right to is call him names. That was the original statement.

Ghanima, but shes not wearing a hijab,so hey!

Ibtisam   

He called the lady names too (i.e. bad Muslim and few more) again how come he can say as he wishes and I cannot! In fact, he goes "why don't you ask a real muslim women" I was like ouch oh no....

Farraxo: So push her off the deep end! that is not even logical, make her more of a sex symbol eh? Don’t forget her high heels either :rolleyes:

He has a right to be extreme in his opinion & most importantly,he has a right to say whatever he feels like

This man has no rights when it comes to dictating what others should or shouldn't wear.

The minute you start to cross over to what others shoul or shouldn't do, your rights go out of the door as well.

Few yrs ago, my sister and I were waiting to board a bus to take us to another province for holidays, and we sat near the area, because it was going to be a while. There was a somali man sitting not far from us, wearing khamiis. He came close to us and started talking to us, and seemed quite interested in my sister, but my sister kept her answers to him short as she wasn't interested.

When he finally got the message, out of nowhere he said, walaalayaal maad illaah ka cabsatiin aad timaha iska dabooshaab. Laba gabdho oo qurux ah aa tihiin and qamarkaa aad aad isoo bixineysaan and yada yada yada, I don't recall the exact words.

My sister spoke to him as I was too angry and knew if I spoke up I would lash at him right there infront of the public. She politely told him that he shouldn't go around telling pple what they should and shouldn't wear on their head and that he shouldn't be talking to total strangers out of nowhere and that she found his remarks offence and that we should end the conversation altogether, that was all.

This is a total stranger, who after finding out that he couldn't get what he wanted, started turning to allah and wanted to start a lecture. If he was sincere, it should have happened at the beginning, not right or in the middle of the conversation.

Same with this paki/arab dentist. If he was sincere about this so called "request" there are ways of doing, such as putting flyers out or changing his office policy, but not directly talking to the individuals.

Just l ike the california restaurant owner, an italian guy, he posted infront of his restaurant saying, "will serve only english speaking customers". In his own ways he felt justified, but nevertheless wrong but had the sign taken off once it become a public knowledge. (he said he was tried of serving mexicans who his employee's couldn't communicate with and therefore decided he didn't want anyone in his place of business that didn't speak english)

He felt he had a right to say it, when infact he didn't have that right and thats why his sign was reversed. He is leasing the space, he has no ownership to the property, and he is in a customer service business, in other words, you can't go around dictating to your customers or else you get burned.