Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Dentist cut fees for women in Islamic dress

Naden   

What a sanctimonious and self-righteous i*diot! Not surprising in our times of superficiality and religious hysteria.

NGONGE   

^^ That photo in your avatar suits your character. Though I couldn't help noticing that she's holding her breath! Or could she really have a neck that big?

There a clear line between giving Dacwa and pribing someone to wear the Hijaab. The sister needed Dacwa and he could have told her about the beauty of wearing the Hijaab rather making a condition that she must wear it to get treat it.

He meant to do well just went about the wrong way and has now fallen into the hands of the media.

Ms DD   

Resistance & Ngonge

I agree he went about it the wrong way. He may have been tactless but still It sounds as though he needs to find another career that would seclude him from temptation. Maybe he should partner with a female dental surgeon and segregate the office. He can see to the men, she can see to the women.

Naden   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ That photo in your avatar suits your character.

How so?

Or could she really have a neck that big?

:D , I think she was blowing her competition away.

NGONGE   

^^ It just looks like she's about to explode but is holding it all in as much as she could. You sometimes give the same impression. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^loool @NGonge.

As for the topic, lucky for him he won't get struck off. I'm not surprised, it had to be Asad Butt's brother! lol. They both have Zero and I mean zero dacwa skills. The whole crazy bunch (including Mr. Choudary)

MS DD, I don't really agree with what you said in your first post. There is a difference between Requesting and giving someone dacwa. If the reports are true and he made get a scarf from a nurse to wear then it is out right wrong. He is asking her to cover from him, temporarily, when hijab is for the sake of Allah. Also I assume he treats women with mini's and low cut tops (Muslim & non Muslim) so his request is just strange. Who is it benefiting? HIM or HER?? If it is for his benefit then he needs to find another job or get his straying sight in control and focus on the individuals teeth. If his intentions were for her benefit, I’m sure he would have told her to think about the issue, give her some books etc. Not alienate her and bribe her.

What he did is rude and offensive to say the least.

Ms DD   

Who is asad and Mr Choudrey?

He should have handled things differently but he didnt force her and chucked her out of the surgery. I also concede that it wasnt the best way to get her interested in practising her faith but I am trying to see from his point of view. There are times when your job asks you to do things that would compromise your faith and strong person would be the one who can stand up for his principles regardless of the consequences. I admire him for that.

Malika   

^^But he knew he would be getting up and close with female patients earlier in his training,he just need to learn to restrain himself...

Oh I do hate when I go to see my optician,he would be in my face,argh that is too close for comfort[not that I fancy my optician hadhee]..Lol

Ibtisam   

Both come on TV, some say they are extreme, I just think they are rude and misguided. I remember once Mr. Chowdhury was on Newsnight (It was over the niqab issue) and there was this Arab lady on the show with him, and she was talking about Muslim women etc, and he goes to her, "why are you here? you should be at home, and how can you speak of hijab or even Muslim women and you don't have a hijab on yourself, Go and cover yourself!" Lol, I sitting thinking Dude, do you know this show is watched by 90% non Muslims, and you have just publicly humiliated the women and appeared like a lunatic by personalizing an issue she was initially supporting you on! :mad: He is always so rude and confrontational, and never lets other people speak. He just lacks basic manners to be honest.

Asad Butt is this dentist brother but he has also been in the media for being an "extremist" but he is just confused from what I've read and seen. I’ve run into both on few occasions, and I’m always torn between avoiding them or telling them what idiotic thugs they appear to be. So far I've avoided them

Originally posted by Ghanima:

Both come on TV, some say they are extreme, I just think they are rude and misguided. I remember once Mr. Chowdhury was on Newsnight (It was over the niqab issue) and there was this Arab lady on the show with him, and she was talking about Muslim women etc, and he goes to her, "why are you here? you should be at home, and how can you speak of hijab or even Muslim women and you don't have a hijab on yourself, Go and cover yourself!" Lol,
I sitting thinking Dude, do you know this show is watched by 90% non Muslims, and you have just publicly humiliated the women and appeared like a lunatic by personalizing an issue she was initially supporting you on! :mad:
He is always so rude and confrontational, and never lets other people speak. He just lacks basic manners to be honest.

Asad Butt is this dentist brother but he has also been in the media for being an "extremist" but he is just confused from what I've read and seen. I’ve run into both on few occasions, and I’m always torn between avoiding them or telling them what idiotic thugs they appear to be.
So far I've avoided them

So,what is wrong with extremism? Its an opinion & a position some ppl take in every religion(issue),and you have no right to call them names like "idiotic thugs" and "Misguided lot". That is undemocratic as it gets...

Ms DD   

Actually I remembered the case of Jack Straw suggesting to niqabi sisters not wear it when in his surgery. The odd thing is..I definately disagreed with him then. I think this is loosely similar situation. I wonder if those against this dentist disagreed with Jack Straw's comment?

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

Actually I remembered the case of Jack Straw suggesting to niqabi sisters not wear it when in his surgery. The odd thing is..I definately disagreed with him then. I think this is loosely similar situation. I wonder if those against this dentist disagreed with Jack Straw's comment?

I think it is silly to suggest to someone to wear a certain garment or remove a certain clothing to perfom a service. Its just ridiculous. Whatever happened to freedom?