Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

21kii Oktoobar!

Ibtisam   

^^The people who benefited under him.

This "great president" used qabili to systematically destroy his country. The same qabili that is still destroying it. Furthermore for those saying that somalia will one day be great, haa noolato etc, if you consider noolaan and great as oppressing everyone but your sub clan then I hope the time never ever comes again.

If you consider bombing, murder, rape and subjugating of the majority of Somali’s as putting them in their place, then that is exactly what he did.

Finally duccu waaxabb uu taarimiso, for justice is always done by Allah and he will never wrong anyone, he will answer for everything he did and the manipulation of the power which was trusted in him.

Kool_Kat   

The ones crying up to this day are those who didn't benefit under his ruling...But I am sure if those same people would have benefited under his ruling, their expressions today would've been different...

Ibtisam   

^^Maybe so, but we are cannot comment on the number of possibilities or options, or how others would have acted in the same position. I would even go as far as saying that if those who are "crying" are now giving the power to govern, they too will become the abusers for those who previously governed them. One of the reasons why there is the consent power struggle. Each has figured that it must sit on and rule over the other to succeed. But I'm glade you at least acknowledge that the champions of his legacy are those who benefited under him.

Oh... and they are crying not because of a missed opportunity in benefiting, they are crying because they lost people, yes people, and whole cities were destroyed and still being destroyed.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Ghanima:

^^The people who benefited under him

Qadow!

Such nostalja ey? :D

Tuujiye, when it gets cold up there in bear country and you long for a return to the beaches of Somalia, please shout Barre! icon_razz.gif

As for the day it self, what is there to celebrate? The good old days?

Ghanima,

No one is saying Siyad Barre was an agel. But you can not deny the good things he has done for the country. plus why are you talking about something that you dont know much about. what you hear from your family circle may not be the facts.

The ones crying up to this day are those who didn't benefit under his ruling...But I am sure if those same people would have benefited under his ruling, their expressions today would've been different...

KK & Tuujiska, afkiina caano siiya.. :D

Those who opposed Siyad Barre Qaraar ay meeshan ku haayan.

The reason why those same people didn't benefit his excellency Sir Barre under his ruling is because they had nothing to contribute to dalkeena at the time. Bitter and cold people intee lageynaa but put them to sleep or lock them in cages?

I won't deny that my own father served under Siyad Barre's administration for 2 consecutive terms , and I won't sit here and say we were related or that we are even in the same qabiil, far from it.

One think I will say is he was simply the greatest leader somalia has ever had. He was simply great because he managed to lead those same parasides for over 20 yrs who handicapped our country the last 16 yrs, the same parasides who have the blood of million somali people on their hands, and continue to kill daily and torture thousands more.

If you can't take anything from the great leader, take this atleast, there was no man more patriotic than Siyad Barre, no man loved his country and people more than him, that was told to me by someone who worked closely with him at one point in time.

You can't fault him for shutting up quraanshooyinka back then. Now that all the quraanshooyinka are out of the cage, and have been out for 16yrs, su'aal is weydiiya.

Mexey quraanshooyinkaan niitareen for 16 yrs and maxaase ka sugeysaan iney nii sameeyan for the next 16 yrs that they haven't accomplished the last 16 yrs, bal is weydiiya.

Ibtisam   

Ducaysane

History is documented; I don't need my family circle to tell me tales. And I know enough to make up an opinion on him, same way you have made your own opinion.

As for these good you speak of, if you are talking about the honey moon period, his "good" is measured by the whole period he was in power, and his crimes far outweighed any good he may or may not have done in the first few years. The reason for those who praise him is the gains.

Edited: Regardless of the distorted view that is being sold off as the truth, you only need to consult any independent non-Somali source to find the lovely truth. :cool:

Kool_Kat   

I am sure they are crying for the people and homes, and cities lost...But I am just saying, if the tables were turned, and they benefited, they will definately have different expressions of Siyad Barre...

Jacpher   

^Sheytan did some good things too.

21 Oct was very memorable, in a different way. Nothing good to say about the late dictator. May Allah give the judgment he deserves.