Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Like to Borrow My Spouse for One Night? Sure

Urban   

there was a programme about this here in UK, it was called 'Real Wife Swap'. (not that i was watching it or anything)..it was like a documentary, they followed couples and watched their everyday life, what they got up to, how they planned the 'meetings' with other couples...etc etc

and there's also this thing called 'dogging'...lol

Khayr   

In its latest attempt to set guidelines that govern sexual morality in Canada, the top court said two swingers clubs in Montreal were not operating as illegal "bawdy houses," because what went on there did not cause
any harm to society

There is no evidence that
"the sexual conduct at issue harmed individuals or society,
" Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin wrote in the majority decision, representing seven of the nine judges on the court.

When the decision came down for this case,

it came down to defining what DECENCY is

and that what is Decent is RELATIVE to

TIME and SOCIETAL CHANGES. e.g. Fornication was a Major societal taboo but now, its an encouraged behavior.

Also, what is HARMFUL has to be immediately QUANTIFIABLE i.e. dollars and cents, physical harm etc.... corruption, decadence, morality are not MEASURABLE and do not translate into ECONOMICS.

Originally posted by Khayr:

e.g. Fornication was a Major societal taboo but now, its an encouraged behavior.

High on your delusions again, aren't ya? I lived in Canada for nearly ten years and I can categorically tell you fornication is not encouraged. As usual, the gulf between what you say and the truth is as wide as the Atlantic ocean.

Also, what is
HARMFUL
has to be immediately
QUANTIFIABLE
i.e. dollars and cents, physical harm etc

And rightly so. How else should what is harmful be measured if not by the scale of it's baleful outcomes?

corruption ...
not MEASURABLE
and do not translate into ECONOMICS.

You really believe that? That there is no direct correlation between corrupt governments and poor economies?

Khayr   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by Khayr:

e.g. Fornication was a Major societal taboo but now, its an encouraged behavior.

High on your delusions again, aren't ya? I lived in Canada for nearly ten years and I can categorically tell you fornication is not
encouraged
. As usual, the gulf between what you say and the truth is as wide as the Atlantic ocean.

Also, what is
HARMFUL
has to be immediately
QUANTIFIABLE
i.e. dollars and cents, physical harm etc

And rightly so. How else should what is harmful be measured if not by the scale of it's baleful outcomes?

corruption ...
not MEASURABLE
and do not translate into ECONOMICS.

You really believe that? That there is no direct correlation between corrupt governments and poor economies?
Governmental corruption is MEASURABLE but

SOCIETAL CORRUPTION is not MEASURABLE i.e. Dollars and cents. This is the argument that secularism upholds and hence the implicit and explicit denial of Religion in Public Governing Affairs.

Rather SOCIETAL CORRUPTION translates into HUGE PROFIT MARGINS. Creating a NEED when it doesn't exist and driving off people's weaknesses and lusts has proven to be very,very ECONOMICALLY VIABLE.

Permissiveness that leads to Hedonism is very good for CAPITALISM and the MARKETS. ;)

Governmental corruption is MEASURABLE but

SOCIETAL CORRUPTION is not MEASURABLE i.e. Dollars and cents.

Both are measurable if you know what to look for.

Rather
SOCIETAL CORRUPTION
translates into HUGE PROFIT MARGINS.

But you just said societal corruption is not measurable. Do you even read what you write?

Khayr   

What I meant is that the STANDARDS of MEASUREMENTS are different. You can't QUANTIFY the damage that permitting 'bawdy houses', strip clubs etc. does to society and societial values. These things are measured Qualitatively but in a world dominated by Capitalistic ideals, it is Quantity that counts i.e. What can be turned into Statistics, tangible monetary Benifits etc...

Therefor, PERMISSIVENESS makes SENSE and SENSIBILITY is knowing that what makes people HAPPY and Pre-Occupied (belly's full, pockets fat etc.) is really what counts. Thats good politics!

The decision could make it easier for other venues where group sex takes place among consenting adults - such as gay bath houses - to operate without the threat of police intervention.

Subxanallah, Filthy Animals, dheh. These are the people whom some of us advocate we should adapt their hor mar and Civilized ways.Not so civilized now, are they? Malcuniin, dhen.

----------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

What I meant is that the
STANDARDS of MEASUREMENTS are different
. You can't QUANTIFY the damage that permitting 'bawdy houses', strip clubs etc. does to society and societial values.

You're still not making any sense. How does can't QUANTIFY the damage that permitting 'bawdy houses', strip clubs etc follow from STANDARDS of MEASUREMENTS are different. You haven't established the link, just asserted it.

My contention, that you CAN measure qualitatively effects of certain social behaviour, still remains. I give you few pointers: education, health, suicide rates etc.

quote: chocolate & honey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The decision could make it easier for other venues where group sex takes place among consenting adults - such as gay bath houses - to operate without the threat of police intervention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...These are the people whom some of us advocate we should adapt their hor mar and Civilized ways. Not so civilized now, are they? ...

I always found this tendency to dismiss the achievement of Western civilisation based on few of its foibles amusing. If we judge civilisations this way, who'll come out untarnished? Because every civilisation has it's foibles, no one is perfect.

We, as somalis, should adapt A LOT from the West. Like how to feed, protect, shelter, educate, employ your own people... provide peace, justice, good governance, entertainment, law and order, development, the list is long.

It is one thing to be opend minded and not judge people merely by their few flaws and it is another to idolize the west. Ina abti, if we just need some sort of guidence we will go back to our roots-the Islamic sharia. Those laws you listed might be in the books, but they are by no means in practice :rolleyes: . Subxanallah! and just why are huffing-buffing at the bare mention of such practices. Do you then think, he fabricated such report or would it make you feel better to trace it back to the intellegent westerns. sure they'll show you some hidden honorable reasons for tolerating such foolxumo redface.gif Ina Abti, covering the shidh will only worsen the smell :D

----------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

Jacpher   

Acuudu Bilaahi,

Socod Badne: Do you know what you’re defending sxb? Makhnuutnimo & Dayuusnimo is what’s being denounced here. What are your views if you don't mind sharing?

Oz   

We, as somalis, should adapt A LOT from the West. Like how to feed, protect, shelter, educate, employ your own people... provide peace, justice, good governance, entertainment, law and order, development, the list is long.

Sacod badne ...we as somali need SHEERIAH AL ISLAAM!!

Khayr   

There is a dua that nabi Musa (calihe asalam) said in sura Taha to make Allah help his people to understand his speech. Nabi Musa (calihe asalam) had a stuttering speech problem laakin and he had a brother, nabi haruun who could speak normally, but Allah still wanted him, with all his speech problems.... to relay the Divine message, to relay the Revelation......

The dua goes like this...

(Moses) said: "O my Lord! expand me my breast;

And ease my task for me;

And loose a knot from my tongue

That they may understand

my saying

Sura Taha v. 25-28

So inshallah, I am hoping that it helps us to understand the points that I made.

My contention, that you CAN measure qualitatively effects of certain social behaviour, still remains. I give you few pointers: education, health, suicide rates etc.

SB, I agree that these things are measurable but MORALITY and DECENCY are not Measurable-That is THEIR ARGUMENT. That is what Secular Liberalism agrues, hence why Religion and God are taken "Out of the Picture".

Once you take God and Religion out of the picture, then ANYTHING and ALL is Permissible and Relative to SOCIETAL DEFINITION.

i.e. Gambling was illegal 30yrs ago, but today, that is a different story in many countries in the world.

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Ina abti, if we just need some sort of guidence we will go back to our roots-the Islamic sharia.

Who's we? If you mean Somalis, then Islamic Sharia was never our roots. And I sincerely hope we don't go back to our 'roots' which is clan worshiping. Still widely practiced to this day.

Having said that, my understanding of what Sharia is intended to bring is what I've listed we should adopt from the West: peace, justice, equality, good governance, development, freedom etc. Exactly what do you disagree with what I've listed?

Ducaqabe

Socod Badne: Do you know what you’re defending sxb? Makhnuutnimo & Dayuusnimo is what’s being denounced here. What are your views if you don't mind sharing?

No, what's being denounced is the West for what we find morally disagreeable. Few impalatable social mores shouldn't and does not trump all that is good about an entire civilisation. That is what is being done here by some. I find this wive swaping business distasteful but that is not what the West is about. That is not what defines it or what Westerners consider important.

I would react in similar fashion if some Westerner critiqued my culture and judged it to be backward and anti-woman for practicing FGM. Because it would be unfair as well as prejudiced.

Thinker

Sacod badne ...we as somali need SHEERIAH AL ISLAAM!!

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know what we need for sure except an immediate end to clan worshiping.

Once you take God and Religion out of the picture, then ANYTHING and ALL is Permissible and Relative to
SOCIETAL DEFINITION

There is no place in the world where anything and all is permissible where God is out of the picture. You're too fond of reductionism!

For example, Canada is secular democratic nation but not ALL and ANYTHING is permissible. Paedophile is one good example. Why shouldn't sex with children be legal or acceptable? Anything and all things are permissible, right?

ElPunto   

quote:Originally posted by Khayr:

High on your delusions again, aren't ya? I lived in Canada for nearly ten years and I can categorically tell you fornication is not
encouraged
. As usual, the gulf between what you say and the truth is as wide as the Atlantic ocean.
I am afraid we must be living in alternate realities since both you and I are in Ottawa, Canada. Fornication is encouraged. Not at any institutional or official level but most definitely at the pop culture level. What the pop culture accepts or not is what governs the general behaviour of the society. Everyday you hear encouragement about your 'first' time of 'doing' it and how your virginty is something that one must hurry to lose. And how 'sad' it is that a 20 year old male has not lost his virginty. I am at a loss how you say 'fornication is not encourage'.

PS - I have been here for 18 years - Trumps you! :D