Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

**Londoners...Are you ready??

Ibtisam   

London Mayoral Election, May 1st 2008

Some people will approach this with the same apathy with which they approach the plight of the community and the Uumah as a whole. Well let me bring it home to you, the Mayor's role as the executive of the strategic authority for London is 'to promote economic development and wealth creation, social development, and the improvement of the environment'. Sorry to tell you but this means that the Mayor of London directly affects YOUR life.

Can I also point out that the contrast between the two leading men competing for this job could hardly be greater.

Unless we want Boris Johnson, a Zionist, Racist and Islamophobic individual as Mayor WE MUST VOTE KEN LIVINGSTONE!

A vote for anyone else will let Boris Johnson get into power. Understand that if you vote for anyone else, Johnson only needs to get over 50% of the first preference votes then second preference votes would not be counted at all. It is a choice between Ken Livingstone and Boris Johnson. And I know who I would rather have as Mayor!

To vote you must:

• Live in London.

• Be a British, Commonwealth or EU citizen.

• Be at least 18 years of age on election day.

How Do I Vote?

• In Person at a polling station.

• By Post.

How Do I Register To Vote?

If you are not on the electoral register you cannot vote. Only registered voters can vote in the elections on 1 May 2008.

To register, you need to fill in a simple form, giving your name, nationality and address and return to the address on the website below.

To vote in the London elections you must be registered by 16 April 2008.

To registar, download The form from Here

Salamah.

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

To vote you must:

• Live in London.

• Be a British, Commonwealth or EU citizen.

• Be at least 18 years of age on election day.

you can be a commonwealth citizen not necessarily British...... and still vote for the mayor of London ???

Ibtisam   

^^^I know you better, otherwise you will force me to dig up what he thinks of your black Muslim as*s. :D

@ Smith, I don't support any party, I support individual policies. Give me/ propose a viable alternative and I shall advocate for it. On this occasion, I think Livingston is good for the Muslim and Somali community, his track record is good. The fact he is labour is irrelevant (specially considering his history with the party) He is the only option, the rest will be a wasted vote and give Boris a chance of winning. Even if all the Muslims block voted (And they won’t) for Brian or Respect, it will not be enough for them to win, it will just take votes away from Livingstone and Boris will win with a small majority.

Ibti,

^^ Since Red Ken has been in power, we have seen our travel expenses rocket to the sky! The congestion charging doesn’t work and more importantly what has Red Ken done for Muslim or for Somalis. I remember ‘Eid in the park’ and that was it. The man is completely incompetent and not fit for office. He is a racist and anti-Semitic. Its time we had something different, something refreshing, someone like Boris.

As a member of the official Tory Party, I will be voting for Boris and will ensure that all my family, friends and organisations vote the same.

Thierry.   

There you go Ibti well done Ken Livingstone is the only viable option unless you want a drunk in office.

so go and register folks and vote for Ken

(I Kind of secretly like Boris policy of getting rid of the bendy busses)

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Seriously I am member of the conservative part….why on earth will I want to support Ken is beyond me Boris Johnson for mayor

CL,

Nice to know we are not so different! who knows this could be the start of something beautiful!

Thierry.   

Marcas Tories saxiib that’s a joke labour has done more for the Somali community then Conservatives could ever do.

And I hope in general election sane Somali people won’t vote for Cameron the Chameleon

^why do the somalida backup anyone who is rumored to have helped another somali, or even has shown his support for the somali community once or twice?

Why can't you back up a candidate who shares your vision, and whom you can benefit from(as an individual).

Why do you care what he has done for somali weyn, ma somali weyn aa taxes kula bixiso?

Londoners are typical somalis.

Ibtisam   

^^^^Your vision of what??? My vision is for a better living conditions for Muslims & the Somali community, hence I vote inline with whoever is offering that, regardless of party. Typical somali is not an insult.

@ smith

Come on as someone who is more informed, I expect real criticism rather than tabloid rhetoric’s. He is far from racist (in fact white people often complain that he never puts them forward/ first for anything) You only have to look at the policies he has introduced since he's come to power to try and help with integration, not only that he has come out to defend the Muslim community countless times, both in the media, he has commission research on trends/ Islamphobia, and has endorsed countless campaigns on media representations of Muslims and Islam. He has continuously called for separation of Muslims and Islam as a faith and is a firm defender of freedom of speech. He was cleared of anti-Semitism in court dear, again tabloid accusations.

P.s. What do you think of Tory MP's defecating to join Lib Dems because Boris is a joke?

P.s.s. How can someone who is voting for Boris accuse anyone of racism??

P.s.s.s. You community and Islam comes before your party loyalty waalo.