Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Somalis in the UK are in the hot seat again

Jacpher   

Oh boy.

Cajiib the property owners were not available to comment yet this guy felt obligated to give interview and share all his personal life with them and that picture asagoo half sleep and in macawiis? War dadkaan maxaa ka khariban?

Whenever you're approached for interview, slam your door on their face or get their business card first and answer to every question 'I'll have to get back to you on that one'. If they get upset, start asking them personal questions like home phone number, address and about their life.

NASSIR   

Waxaa laga yaabaa inuu blamiyey, kadibna hurdo la tagtey, isagoo aan is diyaarin.

Dadkan cadcad, waad taqaan qaa'inimada iyo sida u dhaqmaan. Sawirka ugu foosha xun oo sheekada ay rabaan iney qoraan si fiican u sharaxaya baa laga qaadayaa odayga. Nin reer caruur badan leh (in western values, bad image), oo qaxooti oo lazy ah oo ku nool maal xaaraan ah uusan u shaqeysan ama xaq u leheen.

Dadkeena waxay u baahan yahiin in runtii ay is caawiyaan. Hadii ay xataa doorbideen in wax is daba mariyaan, ineysan shabaqa loo dhigaaya ineysan ku dhicin. Kee aqoon leh iyo qibrad u leh in commmunitigiisa ku caawiyo.

Jacphar, u don't like macawuus? :D

Balan maxaa keenay? You know, regardless how much the facts are, the tabloids will always twist the story. It is better to always be in 'no comment' mode. Dad irid laga furana ma'aha tabloids, especially in that stage.

Laakiin knowing Soomaalida and afdheernimo some of us to be, mistaking afdheernimo to be reer magaalnimo, waxaas ayaa u keentay inay every media outlet iskala hadlaan ama u jawaabaan su'aalahooda. Some they don't even understand the system mise care not to understand.

Now asagaa irida ka furee, see how they are trying to portray the poor faarax some kind of drug addict, well judging from that picture. That is their intention.

N.O.R.F   

Not really a big deal.

What angers me is the way he answers the door. If he wanted to move to a 'nicer' area he shouldn't act like he is still in the ghetto.

Polanyi   

Somalis are used to bad press image. They don't really give a damn....This story will be forgotten about- no biggy here.. :D

I remember back in the day these girls and boys from my estate saw the arabic sofas in the living in the room and they thought we were rich. Somalis live it large wale, even the poor ones, lol. :D

Kool_Kat   

Tolow intaan caruurteyda xaabsado ana amaan UK iska soo dhiibaa? Kuwey walaaleheey dhaleen xataa waa ku darsanaa...More kids = more benefits = luxurious life style...Hmmmmm!

The Zack   

The house doesn't even look nice, $2M houses ay ku cayaaareen reer London. Plus, is that the kinda area their "celebrities" live? LOL.

Xaga mowduucan, it is disgusting, I didn't like the schools and shops in the poorer area of the city kulahaa...isla weynaa!

Blessed   

Well, if you can get away with it.. Most people would have to work like dogs or be born into wealth to afford to live in a half decent area.

I personally got no problem with the 'expose', if you're that ******, you kind of deserve it. It's not a reflection on the hard working Somalis. The UK system favours the lazy. I hope they do something about it.

Juxa   

everytime this sort of story breaks out, i get the jokes and sniggering

sheemo, bringing so much shame into his family and community, opening the door with macawis.

seriously many take advantage of the system but why go public over it? 7kids, no job :mad:

Polanyi   

Juxa, the seven kids are to get more benefit dee. :D

ps. I think someone external tipped off the paper about his story and they just unexpectedly knocked at his door. There is no a way Somali would be seen like that knowing that the pic would be in the pictures.

Juxa   

karl, no one can force you to speak to the press. the sad truth is, somalis dont see claimaing benefit whilst you are fit to work is a shame act.

the system is there for those who need it, but nin lixdiisa lixaad qaba why should he receive it and enjoy in a town house?

most importantly why should we pay for his waxashnimo habits?