Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Somalis in the UK are in the hot seat again

BOB   

The most painful part of it all is the media figured out that they can invent just about anything to taint our name and get away with it because they know that no one from the community will kick up a dust and demand an apology, explanation or even a proof.

to prove my point...most of us in here think ninkan wuxuu sameenaayo waa funny ama waa caadi...no it is not. ninkan brought unneccessary attention and focus on the community just the same way uu kii ka horeeyay dadka sumcad xumo uu ugusoo jiiday and look at the picture...bal ilaah baan idinku dhaariyaye nin masuul ah baa media isagoo qaawan ka furaya gurigiisa...waa maxay akhlaaq darada intaa la eg...wallaahi waa wax laga danqado sawirkaas iyo dhaqan xumada ninkan.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ibtisam   

^^BOB but who is to blame? We can complain to the media when they MAKE stories up, but when our own people give them these stories and worse pose for pictures like that, I really for one do not know how to defend or even object to the media for running with it. Uuuf

BOB   

I was referring to a story one of the papers ran few months back about a group of "Somali' kids who had AK 47 in London and were bragging about dealing in drugs and even being hitmen for the right price and as it turned out it was full of monkey business yet the community said nothing, I presonally took that paper to one of the so-called community offices and the guy gave a ridiculous excuse and completely changed the subject.

Our people waa dad iska reer miyi ah and they don't understand at all or have a slight idea on most of the things and I don't know how many older members of our community know that the media always targets the vulnerable and the defenseless to make their point and there's no one around to help them understand how things are run in the west and the so-called Somali community centres in where I live do not do anything at all for the community that much I can testify marka you're left in the company of the savages that is the media with no one to come to your rescue.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Juxa   

our name is already tainted. why blame the media

if you work mcdonalds for 8 hour shift, you will earn more than job seeker's allowance

somalida need to learn working brings dignity to your life, unless you were sick, old and had very small kids.

people return from 9 month maternity leave and spends half their salaries on child mindersto set bettter example for their children.

ever heard islaamo leh ilaah baa uga soo qaaday disabilitigii? wey duceysantahay ceyrta madhibto

Malika   

Lol@vulnerable and defenseless - that's funny...Not,actually its a pathetic excuse,one that has been used to the point of people acting as handicaps.. :rolleyes:

As for this case,its the system that is at fault not the Somali family - To house jobless people in a home worth £2 million trully shows how the system is a shamble.

NGONGE   

Ah! Another tabloid story. Better read about Raul Moat, people. Mental or what?

(pass me the chewing gum, Juxa).

N.O.R.F   

Raul Moat. Not a typical Geordie name isit? :D

Sad story. The man had problems. It was like the fugative watching that. He hid in a network of storm drains under the farms he worked on back in the 90s.

Juxa   

malika the point is not how expensive the house is, the point is how he brags about it and brings hid community into the spot light

BOB   

Adiga iyo Malika sheekda waa badasheen oo meel kale aa ila aadeen.

new-arsenal-home-shirt.jpg

Peace, Love & Unity.

Chimera   

Juxa, there are hundreds of Romanians, Poles, Pakistanis, Nigerians, Afro-Carribean etc who are placed in similar expensive real-estate, all of these ethnic groups also have tainted names, but these tabloid papers won't touch them because they know the backlash they will receive for this. When it comes to the Somali people however, over the last couple of years these papers have carefully tested the waters with several degrading/hate inciting articles about Somalis(Curly created a topic about this a few months back), and when nobody protested or demanded proof, the papers knew 'anything goes'.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Daa'uud, waxaan iska dhaafee, Reer UK and their tabloids, iiga waran Holland. How was the mood in Netherlands in the past couple days?

Robben was robbed a penalty miyaa, is that what the Dutch believe?
:D

Netherlands had a real chance of winning if they focused more on the ball instead of the Spanish players. Arjan Robben's prime chance infront of the goal should have given them a lead, but he waited to long, the rest is history.

I just can't believe that house is $3.5mills. Com on guys. If $3mil+ homes in London look like that, how does your ghetto look like? :D

Jacpher   

^The late princes dined a restaurant once in the area. :D

I too can't believe your million dollar houses have that look.