maakhiri1

Somali Federal Gov nullifies Berbera Port Deal

The media was wrong about Kheyre. It shows he was asked to come down to UAE and sign the deal and after he refused they wanted to embarrass him. It is over now.  

• Like 1

Ifiye   

Another possible outcome to this Arabian nights drama might be that of the UAE gangs  trying to get out of this Berbera deal and the FGS is their scapegoat .  No bellydancing yet. 

Holac   
3 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Consequently, to see our politically defeated unionists folks, clutching this desperate last straw of a fictional kind, actually makes one wince for them. Since one knows in one's heart that this "dead-letter" from the toothless federal government of Somalia will have as much of usefulness (or impact) for them as that of used toilet paper.

Oodweyne, unionists will not destroy a road that UAE is building from Berbera to the border. No one will send an army to stop construction of Berbera’s port. If DP World and the UAE government decide to go ahead with this project, there is very little the Somali Federal Republic can physically do to stop it.

However, there is a catch.

DP World is a for-profit company. It has corporate rules, ethical boundaries and risk tolerance level. DP World’s Doraleh contract was recently rescinded by Djibouti and the only punishment the UAE company could muster was to mount a legal challenge against Djibouti through International Arbitration. It will be difficult for DP World to argue in favor of preserving legality and international law, in the case of Doraleh Port, but on the same sentence, reject international law and norms in the case of Berbera Port. 

I would love to see Berbera port developed and expanded for the benefit of Somalis. The best option for the Somaliland government is to tactfully work with the federal government behind the scenes, as it did before on various projects implemented in Somaliland, and solicit the signatures of the country’s top authority.  I really don’t see any other way around this issue.  

Oodweyne   
4 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

The media was wrong about Kheyre. It shows he was asked to come down to UAE and sign the deal and after he refused they wanted to embarrass him. It is over now.  

Now you have decided to disrobe yourself, politically. Particularly, after you have played a clever-by-half games around the notion of who you were supporting and carrying out your two pence worth of merit-less argument, just to advance their political case. And this I welcome. of course.

In other words, that you have your "political axe" well and truly been "sharpened" in support of that Kheyre fellow, I truly welcome it in here. For I always like to see people putting their hands up in support of whatever political cause they believe in, without "hiding" behind any "verbal subterfuge" of any kind.

However, be that as it may, I must say that it's another fiction you are peddling in here, particularly the one that says the UAE have asked him to sign anything. When in fact, the truth of the matter is, that, he was there to talk to them as a "supplicant", literally begging them for a few millions of dollars from them. 

And now lets see how he will stop this deal he told his folks that he is minded to stop it. Which means, now, finally, you are going to see the "sheer toothless-ness" of this "pseudo-government" in Mogadishu.

But, still promise me this, though, bro. And that is, that you will be in here of SOL when you see this deal being implemented in the ground in Berberra and the construction of this deal going a full-steam ahead, before this year is even finished.

Promise me that much and in particular that you will be around in here of SOL. And  I in turn will promise you not to "rub" in your nose when that "glaring reality" actually transpires in the ground within this year (this year, mind you). Is that a fair deal for you, mate? 

Duufaan   

The deal is done now. DP world cannot go international courts for their dispute with Jabuuti and Same time sign an illegal contract.  You cannot have both ways. DP world and their associates are power global criminal gangs but they are not gone win this. 

Oodweyne   
5 hours ago, Holac said:

Oodweyne, unionists will not destroy a road that UAE is building from Berbera to the border. No one will send an army to stop construction of Berbera’s port. If DP World and the UAE government decide to go ahead with this project, there is very little the Somali Federal Republic can physically do to stop it.

However, there is a catch.

DP World is a for-profit company. It has corporate rules, ethical boundaries and risk tolerance level. DP World’s Doraleh contract was recently rescinded by Djibouti and the only punishment the UAE company could muster was to mount a legal challenge against Djibouti through International Arbitration. It will be difficult for DP World to argue in favor of preserving legality and international law, in the case of Doraleh Port, but on the same sentence, reject international law and norms in the case of Berbera Port. 

I would love to see Berbera port developed and expanded for the benefit of Somalis. The best option for the Somaliland government is to tactfully work with the federal government behind the scenes, as it did before on various projects implemented in Somaliland, and solicit the signatures of the country’s top authority.  I really don’t see any other way around this issue.  

Holac,

Fiction as it's best (of the prize-winning sort) is what you have there, mate. So sorry to say it in a so brutal fashion. And by that I mean the DP World will go ahead with this investment, with or without the silly talk of the FG in Mogadishu.

Hence, the argument is that the FG in Mogadishu will be "mounting" a legal challenge to the DP World and to Somaliland. And in here it can be easily said that the DP World's lawyers and the Somaliland's lawyers already know the answer to that legal challenge.

And that is Somaliland doesn't recognize any legal authority from Mogadishu whatsoever. Hence any court will be force to tell the FG in Mogadishu to take the matters up to the UN or any other body that will hear that sort of "constitutional challenge".

And by that I mean for "Two Parties" to have others, such as court of law, to "adjudicate" a "legal case" between them, both parties must accept the "legal jurisdiction" of the place  in which the case was supposed to have happened.

In other words, the FG in Mogadishu will say Berberra is part of the Somali Republic's legal territories. And Somaliland will say, that is not true. And its part of Somaliland, an independent State of its own right.

Hence, no court will touch this case unless and until both parties (i.e., Mogadishu and Hargeisa) agree on the "legal status" of the "Port of Berberra" Do you see that point now?

Which means the question before any court that will hear a case against DP World will be, is Berberra port a part of Somali Republic's legal territories in which the law of that Republic can be "enforced" on it on the ground? Or is't a territory in which its legal standing is in dispute?

Now when things get to that legal position (that is "indeterminable case" by court of law) then matters will in turn effectively have to be "handed" over to the UN, who in turn will have to adjudicate the case between the Somaliland and Somalia, and the UAE (acting in the name of the DP World).

And that, mind you, will be interesting place to have legal discussion of this kind, since it will actually bring to ahead the "legal clash" that needs to happen between Somalia and Somaliland over who actually is the "sovereign power" of Somaliland and its territories.

And that is good for us as a Somaliland. For that will be the day we shall show the world the fiction that is the "political union" of 1960 (both in-terms of the "bogus-ness" of its "Act of Union" of 1960 and in-terms of the "in-validness" of its "constitution" of 1961).

So, brink it on folks. Of course, the DP World legal position will be to say, that, that they do not recognize the authority of the FG in Mogadishu over Berberra port. And more to the point they will risk their own investment there, regardless of that.

And if any other "third party" doesn't like that they can go court to prove their case. Which in turn means the alleged "aggrieved party" (in this case the FG in Mogadishu) will be back to square one in-terms of "legally proving" as to who actually is the "sovereign power" of Somaliland and its territories.

And that means, in the sense of whether it's Hargeisa? Or whether it's that of Mogadishu? And that in effect means to ask the defining "question" as to who can actually "enforce" the law that "operable" in Somaliland and its territories.

Is't Mogadishu that can do that. Or is it, Hargeisa, who solely can enforce any law that is operable in Somaliland and its territories.

Moreover, the DP World will add for good measure that they only recognize the government of Somaliland in Hargeisa to do this deal with over Berberra port and not that of Mogadishu.

Hence what is worse for Mogadishu is that if matters come to be pushed further down the road of this dispute, then the same UAE government that actually stand behind this deal (or stand behind the DP World) can actually go ahead and legally recognize the Somaliland's independence just to pull the "legal carpet" out under the feet of that pseudo-government in Mogadishu.

So that in turn will be a genuine "check-mate" against the Mogadishu's government as well, I am afraid.

All in all, it's all hot air bravado on the part of Mr Kheyre, since he knows that there is nothing, in-terms of physically, in-terms of legally, and finally in-terms of politicallythat he can do to stop this deal.

And if he is actually and literally that not any-the-wiser in here in-terms of not knowing how from no-existent to weak his case against this deal actually is, then he soon will find out when he hires good lawyers to mount a "legal case" for him against this deal. And I truly welcome that.

For I welcome that since I am really looking forward to see him trying to stop this deal. For the comprehensive failure he is bounds to get it from such action on his part will decisively prove to the unionists folks that he had nothing other than a hot-air bravado against Somaliland from the get-go. As the case will proof it.

Oodweyne   
28 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

The deal is done now. DP world cannot go international courts for their dispute with Jabuuti and Same time sign an illegal contract.  You cannot have both ways. DP world and their associates are power global criminal gangs but they are not gone win this. 

The DP World don't need to go any court, they are implementing their deal with Somaliland in the ground in Berberra. It's Mogadishu who needs to stop this deal and there is nothing they can do, in-terms of physically, legally and politically, I am afraid. And therefore, all they can do is to release a hot air empty bravado to sooth their beaten political followers in the various corner of the internet, like you. Hence, let see how they stop it.

Holac   

And by that I mean, the DP World will go ahead with this investment, with or without the silly talk of the FG in Mogadishu

Bal waynu aragnaa!

Oodweyne   
26 minutes ago, Holac said:

Bal waynu aragnaa!

Of course, we will see. In fact this deal will start to be "implemented" this very same year (not next year!).

So we shan't have long to go in actually "proving" who is been indulging gaseous hot air in here.  Particularly whether it was the FG in Mogadishu who was doing such thing. Or whether it was Somaliland and her DP World partner, who were minded to do things of that sort.

I think the main problem is Somaliland bringing in Ethiopia and giving them 19% of the port income for no legitimate reason. DP World is putting substantial investment and so it make sense for them to have controlling interest in the port. Why give Ethiopia 19%.

The PM Khayre is taking a hardliner all of a sudden in a deal that has already being implemented? What made him take this strong stand which might also alienate Somaliland, Ethiopia and UAE? Would he be able to stand his ground and can he withstand the pressure that will be put on to him to rescind this decision? The outcome of this dispute might cripple the federal government or might showcase the power of the federal government over regional governments.

• Like 1

Can't see Ethiopia I guess?

If Ethiopia does not use it, there is no need to develop such port facility for Somaliland's use only.

Ethiopia cannot use any other port, but Djibouti unless Ethiopia has ownership of another port.

It is that simple. The same rule applies if Somalia and Ethiopia want to develop use of Kismayo or Mogadishu.

Any international investment, into the very under developed nation  is well come and should be encouraged, but that said, this can not be at the expense SOMALI sovereignty.

For SOMALI Federal GOV

• The deal will test their powers
  • They have been too nice for secessionist, hoping they will have a change of heart, but we Northerns,  know more about them than anyone else, These people will not change,  as deluded as ever, as are willing to accept very corrupted officials for their people for  merely  living a hope of getting recognition. They will punish the few who are enlightened, and want to escape NORTH KOREA of EAST AFRICA.
  • The Ethiopia deal in this is a matter  is URGENT  NATIONAL SECURITY threat, and must removed
  • The deal with blessing  of TFG and rewriting of contract, can be looked, with FIRST and foremost removing The national THREAT, ie, ETHIOPIA. This will mostly likely be the case.

For SOMALILAND

• They seem extremely novice, and maybe 28 years of seeking recognition is having its toll, making a lot of Mistakes.
  • The foreign Minister almost kill this deal for  small air time, and desperately looking recognition
  • Biihi will get rid of this corrupted ,childish  Foreign Minister, and replace him someone with more heavy  weight
  •  Talks will go on, and Berbera port may be included

For UAE

•  They will see the mistake done by the idiot head of the DP world, and he will be replaced
  • They will come to Mogadishu and renegotiate
  • At this moment, their ambassador is summoned to VIlla SOMALIA .
  • They will choose   Legal way, TFG, or will be kicked out!

FOr Ethiopia

• Let them GO to hell, there is nothing for them here!

2 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Can't see Ethiopia I guess?

If Ethiopia does not use it, there is no need to develop such port facility for Somaliland's use only.

Ethiopia cannot use any other port, but Djibouti unless Ethiopia has ownership of another port.

It is that simple. The same rule applies if Somalia and Ethiopia want to develop use of Kismayo or Mogadishu.

Rubbish. Just because Ethiopia will utilize the port in Berbera, does not give them the right to own a stake in Berbera. The Somali people have been shortchanged in this deal, which is precisely why all the Jeegaanlanders in here who are at the Federal governments throat for refusing to go along with this deal, have remained quiet about the 19% stake which is being illegitimately stolen by Ethiopia.

I wonder why that is, Oodweyne and Co?. Why can’t this deal be wholly between only the UAE and Somaliland?

In a different thread, Oodweyne naysayed  a proposition of mine, which said, “ the secessionist agenda being pushed by Jeegaanlanders is an Ethiopian regime's project”. I asked a question then, “ Somalis, ask yourself, does the breakup of Somalia benefit the average reer sheikh nomad or the regime in Ethiopia?”

The active-minded but probably shallow rabid mongrel who goes by the name of Mudane Oodweyne, refuted my suggestion. But now the proof is in the pudding, as it were for everyone to see... today, we have the Ethiopian regime trying to purloin Berbera( a Somali national asset) in broad daylight. And the most Oodweyne and his co-hearts can do is try to change the subject and make it about Xamar and petty Somali tribalism. 

This is theft by EthiopianTigray regime, period! Need we say more...

• Like 2