Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Muhammad teddy teacher arrested

Baluug   

Ghanima, of course I'm joking. :D Have you guys ever seen me pissed off like that for real? I was just trying to sum up the whole Arab world's opinion on the issue.

Fabregas   

Indeed it is possible to kidnapped, extra ordinary renditioned and tortured just for being a young Muslim( in some instances).But, I am starting to think the Sudanese government is playing some kind political game with the British. The British must be starting to feel like a somewhat weakened nation given the Iran hostages and now this. In other words, one can take the piss out of Britain and get away with it....

AYOUB   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

are you making a confession here?

Short answer is NO. smile.gif I 'm not into confessions. You must be confusing me with Johnny(the)Bapstist.

N.O.R.F   

Some much needed PR boost for British Muslims thanks to Lord Ahmed and Baroness Warsi

Teddy row teacher to be released

Teacher Gillian Gibbons is to be released from prison in Sudan after she was jailed for allowing children in her class to name a teddy bear Muhammad.

Mrs Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool, was jailed for 15 days by a court in Sudan.

Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir pardoned her after a meeting with two British Muslim peers, Lord Ahmed and Baroness Warsi.

She was arrested after a member of staff at Unity High School complained to the Ministry of Education.

The BBC's Adam Mynott said Mrs Gibbons is expected to be released later on Monday.

The jailing of Mrs Gibbons has led to an international outcry and has embarrassed the government.

President Omar al-Bashir has been under pressure from Sudanese hardliners to ensure Mrs Gibbons served her full sentence.

There had even been calls for a retrial and for the sentence to be increased.

Mrs Gibbons had been held in a secret location due to fears for her safety.

Crowds of protesters had marched in the capital Khartoum demanding a tougher sentence for her alleged crime of blasphemy. Some called for her to be executed by firing squad.

The British politicians had meetings with Sudanese government officials, including the foreign minister, over the weekend.

They had been due to return home on Monday, but announced they would stay for a third day, after indications that the weekend's "difficult" meetings had led to progress in the case.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7124447.stm

Baluug   

Does anyone else find it strange that a Muslim would take the title of Lord? After all, there is only one Lord, that is Allah SWT. And does anyone else find the name "Baroness Warsi" funny? :D

^^^ Nope..and the word Lord is not exclusive for deity....even in the Quran, there are times humans were addressed as lords..gettit! Excellent! ( with Mr Burns' voice)

Cheers